Watch the En Masse Entertainment stream right here at 2pm PDT!

Patch Notes 2/28/17

PatchNotes_inner_Header.jpg

Patch notes include several balance changes for Slayer, Berserker, Gunner, Reaper, Lancer, and Mystic. Read them here:
http://tera.enmasse.com/news-page/patch-notes/patch-530301-en2

Comments

• JBGamingJBGaming ✭✭✭
    I'm not too pleased with the Lancers Backstep being unaffected no longer by attack speed. It actually is a lot slower compared to how it once was. I consider this a debuff.. What do Lancer gain out of this?
  • nhatnhat ✭✭
    I'm not too pleased with the Lancers Backstep being unaffected no longer by attack speed. It actually is a lot slower compared to how it once was. I consider this a debuff.. What do Lancer gain out of this?

It's invulnerable during the entire animation, it's a big buff
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭

The patch notes are wrong about lancers. Back in Ktera, this change went through, and the animation was just to laugh. It was so slow that players complained and it got reverted with a slight increase on the iframe duration, which is what we got. I did some tests before logging out, and the atk speed does have an effect on how fast the animation is on Backstep. The iframe time was increased, which is HUGE. I cant recall by how many miliseconds or seconds, but is enough to dodge one shot mechanics that can be dodged without so much precision as before.
  • Zoknahal wrote: »

The patch notes are wrong about lancers. Back in Ktera, this change went through, and the animation was just to laugh. It was so slow that players complained and it got reverted with a slight increase on the iframe duration, which is what we got. I did some tests before logging out, and the atk speed does have an effect on how fast the animation is on Backstep. The iframe time was increased, which is HUGE. I cant recall by how many miliseconds or seconds, but is enough to dodge one shot mechanics that can be dodged without so much precision as before.

How does that make the patch notes wrong? How would you reword it?
  • edited March 2017
    I'm not very happy about Triumphant Shout being removed and it's effects lopped into Tenacity for Zerkers. As a tank I relied on that quick endurance buff from TS, and Tenacity takes WAY longer to cast than TS did, and has a much longer cd to boot...

This also means that I cannot keep Tenacity back as my health restore if I'm popping it for the endurance buff. Yeah there's still Unchained Anger, but that spell is just pathetic compared to the health restore from Tenacity (more on that below).

If you guys are really set on doing it like this, then PLEASE make Unchained Anger actually worth a dam. Unlike the health restore from Tenacity, it has a CRAZY long cast time and the health restore is MUCH lower (roughly 5% less). The long cooldown also makes it a lot less viable.
  • Also I'd appreciate some clarification: the Mystic's Warding Totem effect that is negated if the Priest's Kaia's Shield is present ONLY applies to the (really really pathetic) damage absorption buff, and not the HoT it also projects, yes...?
  • JBGamingJBGaming ✭✭✭
    nhat wrote: »

It's invulnerable during the entire animation, it's a big buff

Even when It was affected by attack speed it was invulnerable., the fact is it's slower now. You can't act as quickly as you did before. It's maybe slower like by 25%. And the point is not about it being invulnerable. The fact is about evading something quicker. When you feet hit the ground before you use the second backstep, you can still be damaged. Making this slower makes that likely hood of being damaged during backstep a lot higher
  • Has anyone found any strategic way to utilize the new glyph for the gunner's HB-7 that doubles crit factor for only 1 second? The skill animation lasts longer than the glyph...
  • JBGamingJBGaming ✭✭✭
    Hmm have you tried using Arcane Barrage on it?
  • Cheers to spacecats for being a cool cat, speedy responses and a candid attitude! Brown nosing aside, wanna put those servers back up <3
  • what time the servers going to up?
  • Why are the servers down right now?
  • SylvietteSylviette ✭✭✭
    Sympythy wrote: »
    Has anyone found any strategic way to utilize the new glyph for the gunner's HB-7 that doubles crit factor for only 1 second? The skill animation lasts longer than the glyph...

Example: time bomb > mana missile > HB before the missiles hit > cancel animation into burstfire or bombardment > summon HB > burstfire. Its use is rather limited save for slaying run where you don't want your HB to heal you.