[PS4/XB1] Due to an error, we have extended current events (such as dungeon highlights) by one day. The new end time is now 10/15 at 0500 UTC. Thanks for your patience!

Paragon -> Valkyrie Wins [Updated]

Comments

• JBGamingJBGaming ✭✭✭
    Spacecats wrote: »
    Spacecats wrote: »
    Ginjitsu wrote: »
    @Spacecats

You should slap some sense to whoever came up with this dumb idea...
    https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/12114/poll-name-the-next-tera-class

The idea to let the community decide on the new class name? Should I find a mirror so I can see it, or just slapping myself right away? ;D

Don't go there space cats. To be honest a poll was a smart decisions. let's the community at large make a choice. What should not have been done was allow them to see the actually results. Not until the 5th.

Unfortunately that's not something that can be tweaked with the Vanilla forum polls. I did disable the setting that lets people see specifically who voted for who since that seemed unnecessary.

Perhaps your right knowing how people would probably complain if you didn't as well. lol
  • Given the technical note from Spacecats, I'm quite fine with Moondancer, given the theme. I'd be ok with Valkyrie too, given Tera's share of Norse references.

I don't care for the MLP character one way or another. I think we should pick a name first and let lawyers sort any trouble out (and that the concept of "IP" is silly and harmful, not least for this very reason).

However the poll goes, I had the "Lunar Dancer" name and theme in mind before the poll, and reserved "Aldrina".
  • JBGamingJBGaming ✭✭✭
    @Spacecats
    By the way is the poll set per isp? or is that something you can't control?
  • WitchyGirlWitchyGirl ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    nevermind .....
  • JBGamingJBGaming ✭✭✭
    WitchyGirl wrote: »
    if you look at the polls,
    there's only two leading names: moondancer and valkyrie

the other 3 names are too far behind!!

Maybe its a good idea to update the poll to just allow two choices ,since there's no way the other 3 names will ever win. Plus since the Race is so close between "moondancer" and "Valkyrie" , all those little votes are important!!

@Spacecats

I don't think he can do that once the poll has started.
    edited March 2017
    nevermind .....
  • People are voting for moondancer LOL this is why naming should be left to professionals and not 12 yo. Holy [filtered]...
  • uq2Rr.jpg
    When you call upon the Moondancer
  • jrtsevenjrtseven ✭✭✭
    Stricera wrote: »
    uq2Rr.jpg

I know what I'm voting for!
  • JBGamingJBGaming ✭✭✭

Maybe its a good idea to update the poll to just allow two choices ,since there's no way the other 3 names will ever win. Plus since the Race is so close between "moondancer" and "Valkyrie" , all those little votes are important!!

@Spacecats

I don't think he can do that once the poll has started.

well mabye possible to make a new poll then?
    think of the other one as Preliminary round...then the final round between the two names: moondancer and valkyrie.

I think that is reasonable if he chooses to do so. Say like on day 4 & 5 be the final round for the poll decision of names. Althought to be honest. I'm not sure if he wants to go about doing a long process decision like that. More work for him perhaps unnecessary., I think the poll choices were made based on what he has accumulated already from the community opinions previous to creating the poll. Nontheless I see nothing wrong with that idea. I think it's reasonable to do so. Each day a round until day 4&5
  • WitchyGirl wrote: »

@Spacecats

We're only two hours into a poll that will run until Sunday at Midnight. I think it's safe to say there are a lot of people that can still change the outcome of the vote.
  • MophoMopho ✭✭✭
    Good riddance to the name Paragon, last I checked Tera wasn't Mass Effect.
  • TriggTrigg ✭✭
    Stricera wrote: »
    uq2Rr.jpg

I was not prepared for this. Cannot unsee but love it still.
    edited March 2017
    nevermind .....
  • Spacecats, anyway to change my vote? I voted due to peer pressure :c
This discussion has been closed.