[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 11/18 at 6pm PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

The State of the Poll

Today, EnMasse put up a poll to allow the community to choose for themselves by majority which of the names they wanted for the class.
At present Valkyrie and Moondancer are at a near tie, and only on day one while all others have paled in comparison to the communities liking. Still there are 4 more days to go.

Comments

• Time to make alts and vote
  • edited March 2017
    Rotomu wrote: »
    Time to make alts and vote

Yes, but only if you want to get banned from the game :)

Please see the forum Rules & Guidelines:

F. Multiple Accounts and Impersonation
    - Creation of multiple accounts by a single individual solely for use on the official forums.
    - Creation of multiple accounts for the purpose of evading suspension or account closure.
    - Any impersonation of other individuals or En Masse Entertainment, Bluehole Studio, or their partners' employees. Note: All En Masse Entertainment, Bluehole Studio, and partner company representatives are required to have a custom title denoting their position and employer, so you will always be aware of whom is a company representative.
  • Rotomu wrote: »

I do not recommend alts for voting since that is cheating.... only vote on one account and be done with it...

Why is the name a big issue in the first place, what matters is the gameplay, not the name of the class...
  • Ray676Ray676 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Spacecats wrote: »

- Creation of multiple accounts by a single individual solely for use on the official forums.
    - Creation of multiple accounts for the purpose of evading suspension or account closure.
    - Any impersonation of other individuals or En Masse Entertainment, Bluehole Studio, or their partners' employees. Note: All En Masse Entertainment, Bluehole Studio, and partner company representatives are required to have a custom title denoting their position and employer, so you will always be aware of whom is a company representative.

You don't have the [filtered] to ban players from the game :) just the forums

ed: [filtered] is censored lmao wtf
  • JBGamingJBGaming ✭✭✭
    Moonzie wrote: »

I do not recommend alts for voting since that is cheating.... only vote on one account and be done with it...

Why is the name a big issue in the first place, what matters is the gameplay, not the name of the class...

Good question. I think it has to do with preferences. Coolness, Sexy appeal. Or even to be somewhat original. Perhaps its' because they want something they can relate to with their character. Maybe it's because, they want something to make sense to them. That would be my opinion to your 2nd comment.
  • Ray676 wrote: »
    Spacecats wrote: »

You don't have the [filtered] to ban players from the game :) just the forums

ed: [filtered] is censored lmao wtf

Not sure what word you're using here, but I'm pretty sure I've got it.
  • Then lemme change my vote :c I voted cuz of peer pressure </3
  • Rotomu wrote: »
    Then lemme change my vote :c I voted cuz of peer pressure

Sorry, just like in real life you only get one vote.
  • XaeraXaera ✭✭✭
    @Spacecats
    With how close they are, I'm thinking we should have a final round vote between the top two, so the people who voted for the other names can potentially tie-break.
  • Xaera wrote: »
    @Spacecats
    With how close they are, I'm thinking we should have a final round vote between the top two, so the people who voted for the other names can potentially tie-break.

Sorry but once this vote is finished, our team will need to get to work making sure all the game files are ready when it comes time to launch the new class.
  • As long as the nerf to paragon or w.e come I'll be happy.
  • why didn't we get a name a suggestion thread first, I would have done it in 3 phases;
    1) name suggestion thread (get lots of names)
    2) vote between say 10 or 20 candidates to decide final selection
    3) final vote between top 2 or 3 choices.
  • Spacecats wrote: »
    Xaera wrote: »
    @Spacecats

Sorry but once this vote is finished, our team will need to get to work making sure all the game files are ready when it comes time to launch the new class.

*CTRL F* "Paragon" *Replace with new name*. Job well done boys.
  • JBGamingJBGaming ✭✭✭
    @Spacecats

I'm not sure what the percentage chance is of that happening. So far EnMasse has stated that, the poll would remain till the 5th. If this is true and if in the next 24 hours nothing changes with the other names chosen, It might happen to have poll rounds with alternative names to chose from. To be honest though, there is a large consensus already for the two leading names. This at present could change over night. it may not.

EnMasse may decide to have more than one poll round. Or they may decide to let it remain between the two choices. In my opinion they should do a poll round in the next 24 hours if nothing has changed with the two leading names being so close to gether. What if they die on the 5th? A tie breaker may have to be done.
  • Spacecats wrote: »
    @Spacecats

*CTRL F* "Paragon" *Replace with new name*. Job well done boys.

They're saying that the rest of the localization and story would align somewhat with the chosen class name so there's some tie-in/relevance. And besides, they have to prepare the localization used in EU too, so they have to get it done soon so that technical testing can begin. It's not just Ctrl-F.