took a break for a few years from the game, but i came back just to find i have no characters?

I spent a lot of money back at the time and maxed out many characters, now when I login it says I have no characters
where did all my progress go?
«1

Comments

  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like many other on-line games, no matter how much money did you waste on it, being inactive for a long time flags your account and a makes your toons names free for others to use.

    If other ppl have claimed those names for them then your toons have been deleted.

    This is common on every on-line game.
  • KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator ✭✭✭✭
    Make sure you're looking on the right server. There was a merge some time ago and a lot of returning players (and their characters) ended up on another server.

    If no server has any number next to the name... Contact support.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah we got some server merge, check all servers, I don't think chars get deleted, just names, I wen afk like 10 months before, nothing happened to my chars. Also few years? you sure it's the right game? O.o
  • deadlyme wrote: »
    I spent a lot of money back at the time and maxed out many characters, now when I login it says I have no characters
    where did all my progress go?

    Character's on an En Masse Account are not deleted after a long duration of being absent from the game.

    In this case, the most likely scenario is that you're logging in with one Email you had thought you had used, but instead, the character's were actually created with an alternative Email.
  • if your characters are on the merged server, and that your number of characters of are over the max limit, you will have to delete some characters to enter the game.
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2
    Possible reasons:
    1. Wrong server
    2. Wrong account
    3. Wrong version of the game
    4. You gave your account to a friend
    5. You deleted the chars yourself and forgot about it
    Pick one and work on it.
  • MagraalMagraal ✭✭✭
    edited March 2
    TWMagimay wrote: »
    Possible reasons:
    1. Wrong server
    2. Wrong account
    3. Wrong version of the game
    4. You gave your account to a friend
    5. You deleted the chars yourself and forgot about it
    Pick one and work on it.

    Another possibility- wrong region. It's entirely possible he was playing on the EU servers and has 'come back' to the NA servers by mistake, considering this is his first ever post on the NA forums.
  • deadlyme wrote: »
    I spent a lot of money back at the time and maxed out many characters, now when I login it says I have no characters
    where did all my progress go?

    To the Elin Research Club where they sacrifice everything for the sake of science ^_^

  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Like many other on-line games, no matter how much money did you waste on it, being inactive for a long time flags your account and a makes your toons names free for others to use.

    If other ppl have claimed those names for them then your toons have been deleted.

    This is common on every on-line game.

    Char deleting did not happen on name claim, what did happen was adding a "_1" after the name that has been claimed.

    I'm betting on wrong e-mail account by accident.
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magraal wrote: »
    TWMagimay wrote: »
    Possible reasons:
    1. Wrong server
    2. Wrong account
    3. Wrong version of the game
    4. You gave your account to a friend
    5. You deleted the chars yourself and forgot about it
    Pick one and work on it.

    Another possibility- wrong region. It's entirely possible he was playing on the EU servers and has 'come back' to the NA servers by mistake, considering this is his first ever post on the NA forums.

    That'd be point 3, wrong version of the game.
  • Dhrizzt could be correct. Perhaps it is the Mandela effect.

    Perhaps you have a false memory about playing the game, but never actually played. :O
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭
    Dhrizzit wrote: »
    Dhrizzt could be correct. Perhaps it is the Mandela effect.

    Perhaps you have a false memory about playing the game, but never actually played. :O

    everything its possible

    many people remembers a stamina bar in tera, and many others not

    Now you got me curious, never seen that bar at all, but heard about it indeed. Did it once exist actually or just that "remembers something that never existed in 1st place" example?
  • MidokuPastaMidokuPasta ✭✭✭
    Dhrizzit wrote: »
    Dhrizzt could be correct. Perhaps it is the Mandela effect.

    Perhaps you have a false memory about playing the game, but never actually played. :O

    everything its possible

    many people remembers a stamina bar in tera, and many others not

    Never saw a Stamina bar but there used to be a stamina heart lol.
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭
    you took the red pill didn't you? the matrix had a glitch , agent smith started absorbing all the characters......but then again it could be the server merge or different email. hope you get them back.
  • LF3WGJ4FFKLF3WGJ4FFK ✭✭
    edited March 3
    Don't worry just make the Paragon class in a month and be the best dps in the game. Don't need anything else! Just make a bunch of those :)
«1
Sign In or Register to comment.