PvP servers are not PvE servers.

Comments

• im on TR but when i see a pvp server. it should be strictly pvp open world. kinda lame they gated it cause pvers on your server.
  • StarSpriteStarSprite ✭✭✭✭
    This is actually a bug. I've been meaning to put together a list so it can be fixed but got busy with ssnm, mongos, and school. :c
  • KiraboshiKiraboshi ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    StarSprite wrote: »
    This is actually a bug. I've been meaning to put together a list so it can be fixed but got busy with ssnm, mongos, and school. :c

Blueholes decisions are so dartboard it's impossible to tell what's a bug and what's intentional anymore.

I half expect them to come out and say FPS drops in IMS are a feature.
  • This 100% not a bug, it is to deter people from owpvp. Eme controls the on and off button for pvp just like it was a function in game for guild at one point. They gradually expanded the no pvp zone within the last year or so. This was a planned assault on owpvp because they've known for a while that they were going to limit pvp. The reason they were behind in bringing out patches was due to the difference in builds they just needed time and reasons to justify it.

At the start it was just less populated areas where only low levels would go to quest such as Essenian Crest to prevent people from negating players from leveling in the most dull levels 40-50ish. They added the new area of the map 60-65 back when they had the first of these double xp events and it was never turned back on. Then they turned pvp off for the new classes slowly adding more areas to this list. And continued adding in events such as the mongos where world pvp was a "problem" to all the people farming and so the other zones especially where the mongos spawn are all safe zones which leads to the 65 pvp only.

TLDR: They saw owpvp as putting a dent in their economy so they decided it would be best to limit it to the extreme where they can say it's still there but it's not really there.
    It is a confirmed bug and was originally removed from known issues since it was corrected for like a day. Something (maybe leftover dreamstorm stuff? No idea) keeps making random zones pve. If someone has a list of every zone that has pvp turned off that would help. Off the top of my head I think Spring Valley and Blightwood arent working.
  • KoikoiKoikoi ✭✭✭
    TERA Online has gone to pure PvE.

Get over having owpvp or pvp servers, cause a few weeks of waiting for patches isn't worth the work that EME has to put in.
  • @StarSprite off the top of my head the list is Tulufun, Chebika, Tria, Tralion, Pathfinder Post, The entire new continent, Zf. I'm sure there are more... I like my conspiracy theory better tbh though it adds up well.
    @StarSprite off the top of my head the list is Tulufun, Chebika, Tria, Tralion, Pathfinder Post, The entire new continent, Zf. I'm sure there are more... I like my conspiracy theory better tbh though it adds up well.
    Thanks, I'll pass this along to Noesis. I've been meaning to go through and test each zone myself but it takes some time/effort since it seems you cant trust the icon that indicates pvp.
  • edited February 2017
    He'll read it just to come in and censor or mute any opposition's that isn't"being friendly or politically correct." Like what he did with the post in general chat just now. Then he will return to the abyss of which game masters dwell.
  • edited February 2017
    From what I got out of the response from GM cobaltdragon when I Pm'd every gm on the forums and only he responded, the gms read each section and just don't respond to it cause they're doing other things. Cobalt is cool though he legit messaged me essays to clearly get his points across. We had an "actual conversation".
  • We're looking into why this is happening. It's unexpected for us (as in, whatever caused this was apparently undocumented or it would have appeared in the patch notes). With any luck it's just a setting that accidentally flooped on its own somehow. We'll see.
  • Gasp a GM in the PVP section
  • FuelynFuelyn ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    lol ikr
    super happy to see it tho

glad to hear is unexpected too.
  • sapcekatts can u please address the OVERPOWERED new classes in tera, as a slayer main its frustrating to get autokicked fomr some battlegrounds. also zerg guilds ruin the fun please make gvg 20v20 maximum
  • Gasp a GM in the PVP section

I know! I'm in forbidden territory here. I'll just see myself out. <3