PSA for staff: Login issues

Comments

• ArcherOfEnvyArcherOfEnvy ✭✭✭
    Well if they're doing emergency maintenance a freaking "sorry we suck at our jobs we are going to work on a bit of maintenance to fix this ." Would be appreciated.

Remember that the issue began during sleep hours for EME. It could be emergency maintenance to diagnose the problem, when exactly it occured, why it did and how to prevent it in the future or what to do when it happens outside business hours. I DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO TELL YOU T_T I AM SORRY. But hey atleast we all can login, but we'll have to wait until they kick up the game servers again.
  • edited March 3
    @TyzXtin these issues happen far too much for that to be really a excuse. I've played this game 4 years now. Even after all that time we have huge glaring emergency issues,bugs, and things that happen much too often I honestly think it's because their programming team is incompetent. That or the machine god raged for not being fed his hamsters.
  • @lily89 Xtin here add me friends (= haha
  • CandyMomokoCandyMomoko ✭✭✭
    edited March 3
    An announcement in the forums would be nice~!

About what happened and what you are doing to fix it.

What happened was, US was asleep. EU players had issues logging in. The login issue began around 2 - 3am (12 - 1pm CET), now after waiting for EME to begin their business hours, the login issue has been fixed and the game servers came crashing down for some reason. I know that the login and game servers aren't connected to eachother directly, but maybe they're performing emergency maintenance (I SURE HOPE SO)

I know what happened from the player side, because I experienced the issue too. My comment was directed to EME.
    You know.. transparency about the issue from their side, comunication with us?
    Do you work at EME? Because I don't see the logo on your avatar.

Also, they could put an anouncement on top of the forum discussions, to let everyone know there's an issue and they are working to fix it.
  • Just wanted to provide a heads up that I just saw this Thread and have now contacted an appropriate department to find out what's going on.

Will try to provide more information as soon as possible.
    Proio wrote: »

What happened was, US was asleep. EU players had issues logging in. The login issue began around 2 - 3am (12 - 1pm CET), now after waiting for EME to begin their business hours, the login issue has been fixed and the game servers came crashing down for some reason. I know that the login and game servers aren't connected to eachother directly, but maybe they're performing emergency maintenance (I SURE HOPE SO)

NA players are also up and it's not just EU players who are up now trying to play. If the login issues has been fixed then clearly someone is up and a forum post should be made to keep players up to date. Instead it's the usual no communication from EME which just leaves players guessing. Terrible.

Yes I am aware that most US players are awake too. But I was talking about the time that logging in had issues. That was when US players were sleeping and so also most of EME. Now the game servers are probably just undergoing investigation or a quick maintenance.
    Just wanted to provide a heads up that I just saw this Thread and have now contacted an appropriate department to find out what's going on.

Will try to provide more information as soon as possible.

Thanks for the heads up, we went from one issue to the next. Logging in to game servers being down. Most of us noticed that logging in was possible again. Hopefully we get to know why it borked on us during your sleep hours :awesome: as for the other issue that just came to haunt us, please let us know :heart:
  • Give them some time guys, it is only 7:28AM (as of this posting) for them at the office.

They need to get there if they haven't already, and then actually find what is messing up.

Then they need to fix it, but it won't magically happen in 10 minutes if they want to actually fix it and not have things messing up again today.
  • @BlueReprisal You're right! What can we do then? Let's kick them out of their jobs let's ask for someone better.. (=
  • edited March 3
    I would very readily support that notion. Along would a handful of others. Tera is a service it is a free to play game made to get business and money. Compared to any other MMORPG on the market the thing you could argue is at least they do not have this many glaring issues with them.
  • @TyzXtin chilll man they were SLEEPING no one can work while they are sleeping....they are working on it now just chill man
  • in the mean time, (yes i know this is not the right place, but..) any active and friendly guild looking to take in a newbie in CH? ^^
  • ProioProio ✭✭
    Proio wrote: »

NA players are also up and it's not just EU players who are up now trying to play. If the login issues has been fixed then clearly someone is up and a forum post should be made to keep players up to date. Instead it's the usual no communication from EME which just leaves players guessing. Terrible.

Yes I am aware that most US players are awake too. But I was talking about the time that logging in had issues. That was when US players were sleeping and so also most of EME. Now the game servers are probably just undergoing investigation or a quick maintenance.

I don't know if you know this but some NA players are up throughout the night till morning. You're making it sound like NA players were all asleep, which is definitely not the case. When the login issues happened some NA players were still playing.
  • @WickedIcex don't worry about me.. i was just kidding.. ^_^ want to make BlueReprisal happy (= right bro? hehe
  • The server team is on the job...

derpy10.gif
This discussion has been closed.