[TERA Console] Patch notes for the upcoming v85.01 Update are now available. Preview all of the changes coming on August 11 here: https://bit.ly/TERACon_v85
[TERA PC] Patch Notes are now available for TERA's 64-bit update (v97). Check out all the changes coming on August 11 here: https://bit.ly/tera64_patchnotes
[TERA PC & CONSOLE] Summerfest Part 2: The Beach Bash is on from August 11 until September 1! Participate in event activities to earn tokens redeemable for costumes, consumables, mounts, and more! Details: https://bit.ly/tera_sf20

Paragon -> Valkyrie Wins [Updated]

Comments

• VirtualONVirtualON ✭✭✭
    Besides was said Glaiver as many, and it was not even a choice. They just read the forums and said ok. Not looking at everyones concur on choice of influence input.

EME vetoed Glaiver since they didn't feel it was exciting enough for a new class from a marketing point of view. In the end, since they're the ones who have to spend their money marketing/promoting the new class, they only gave us the choice of names their marketing team said they could live with.

I think Gunner is more boring than Glaiver and they live with Gunner.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Gunner has a marketing way better than Glaiver.

Many RPGs have Gunners
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Valkyries sounds to me like a blend of people that think the word sounds cool that don't even know what Valkyrie even means and some bunch of trolls that don't care for the class. 42% just ruined TERA!

Valkyrie being a ship in some game...how did it lead battle? Makes sense to the ship. To save the best warriors for later battles. So that reference makes sense, but for Tera it's not describing the class.

If you are depicting a class, this class might portray Valkyrie by looks, but Valkyrie has nothing on what the class is by definition of what it does! I mentioned plenty of times and people are saying it here on forums that it has nothing to do with Tera!

Valkyrie means, 'chooser of the slain', when in fact it doesn't describe the class one bit and the whole role will change if that situation happened, therefore it's meaningless when it can't be changed.

If you really want this new class to be based off Norse mythology, then thanks to you for your input of ruining Tera!

but commander fraya is b00b elf viking and sexiest valkyrie :3

but fraya save kaidun for later battle :3

my valkyrie save hasmina jelena ellion for later battle :3

but troll are valkyrie brother and both born in germany or scandinavia :3
  • EndevaEndeva ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valkyries sounds to me like a blend of people that think the word sounds cool that don't even know what Valkyrie even means and some bunch of trolls that don't care for the class. 42% just ruined TERA!

Valkyrie being a ship in some game...how did it lead battle? Makes sense to the ship. To save the best warriors for later battles. So that reference makes sense, but for Tera it's not describing the class.

If you are depicting a class, this class might portray Valkyrie by looks, but Valkyrie has nothing on what the class is by definition of what it does! I mentioned plenty of times and people are saying it here on forums that it has nothing to do with Tera!

Valkyrie means, 'chooser of the slain', when in fact it doesn't describe the class one bit and the whole role will change if that situation happened, therefore it's meaningless when it can't be changed.

If you really want this new class to be based off Norse mythology, then thanks to you for your input of ruining Tera!

En Masse ruined it themselves by not sticking with Paragon or coming up with a better name. Valkyrie is the best choice, runner up choice is just a My Little Pony character... is that something you prefer ¬.¬?
  • JBGamingJBGaming ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    @PheonixKiss

Perhaps in the future when we do hear about an upcoming class like we did this one. While there is actually still time before they even work on the files. You might keep in mind to bring up a discussion about the future class name. Get some ideas of a name list those ideas, and ideas that actually make sense. Keep in mind though they will also do things on a marketing perspective.

Even though Valkyrie may not make sense for tera from everyone's perspective, to many it is a cool sounding name. IF the coding for the game would allow for two name use: Lunar Dancer (which sounds a bit silly) We might have gone with Moonlight Warrior due to the skill sets originally created for the class. Now I believe EnMasse also said that the new name of the class for our English users will determine also the name of the skills for the class as well.

The Majority voting for Moondancer show clearly that they are voting for it due to the Lore and the skills. The Minority are disagreeing with Valkyrie because of its Norse Mythos that in verbatim word has nothing to do with Tera History. However, it has been shown through study and research the commonalities, or parallelism that is being used for the gods of different faiths and religions for Tera. Due to this those of open minds are embracing the name. Taking into consideration of the lore, the name of Valkyrie is not too far fetch now. Now that we have it and can actually read it. She could have been called anything. She is Castanic, part of the Moon Clan. Or now the last of the Moon Clan "persay". She has sworn vengeance and technically is in the position to determine who lives and who dies. There is a lot of parallelism that is taking place here as it does through out the majority of Tera Lore to begin with.

Sure we could have come up with a multiple choice of names, some absolutely ridiculous, some absolutely absurd, some absolutely childish, some absolutely vulgar, some absolutely serious, some even absolutely ignorant. The fact is EnMassee provided names based off what was said in the forums for months now about an idea for the name. Most did not participate or even read those threads that are argumentative and disliking the present choices. Too late you had your chance to voice. Some of the names were picked and chosen by Staff. Some by the community itself. This compilation of names that would work for marketing reasons was chosen for us to vote by.

They did not just put forth their own inputs and ignore the community. They attempted that and we got the poll as a result because the community was not happy with it, and here we are with present results.

@RimbaldiOfTera

I couldnt agree more with you this time.

+1

Now we can let Michael Jackson rest in peace.

He deserve it and our Valkyrie didnt choose him for the future battles.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    They vetoed Glaiver

If they did Moondancer and Lunardancer, surely they could do Moonglaiver if they wanted to.

Just the fact people don't even know what Valkyrie even means. parallelism has nothing to do with it. Might go with the vengence story, but technically why would anyone want the name when it does not fit on later use?

because moondancer suck

my first choice was dancer, poledancer, courtisane and stripdancer
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes and moondancer and glaivedancer was my last choice

i was fine with paragon

sentinel is good name

so i strategic vote B)
    edited March 2017
    Phoenix has been spamming non stop in this thread.

Havent you had enought already?

Comunity choose Valkyrie and that is the only thing that matters in thos case.

Now do something worth with your time and stop your child like behavior because you didnt have the candy you wanted.
  • JBGamingJBGaming ✭✭✭
    Finale Update.

**Note: I apologize for misinformation. The Polls closed at midnight on this Sunday. Time is now 3:00 Pm Central.

In appears from the polls that Valkyrie is in fact the winner of the Votes.
    Spacecats said The plan is to keep this poll going until Sunday at midnight, when the votes will be counted and the winner will be selected. Monday morning our writing team will get to work localizing the game files for the class update, implementing the name players chose.

I personally would like to thank everyone that participated in this voting poll to make things a bit more interesting for me. I actually enjoyed this and I felt like it gave me an extra reason to be more progressive in the forums. This has been exciting to watch from my perspective. I look forward in the future to see more like this. With that said congratulations and kudo's to those that were supportive to the name of Valkyrie. Perhaps in memory of Moondancer, EnMasse can make an npc for Castanica with a female dancing under the moonlight on a pole. *winks*

The Poll has ended.
This discussion has been closed.