Paragon -> Valkyrie Wins [Updated]

1192022242529

Comments

  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    vkobe wrote: »
    If Enmasse didn't give such ridiculous names and just stuck to something that makes more sense for the class description, I would be happy with it. The rest of the voters would not create such an anathema against you, which they did. So I blame Enmasse for this ridiculous poll!

    Enmasse this was a mistake to force people to change the real meaning.

    Lunardancer, Glaiverdancer, Moondancer is more acceptable and I bet all of you would be ok with it. Even though we don't care for dancer. It still fits better.

    These names fit the criteria of the skills itself than some ridiculous of period of the Valkyrie, which is strictly named for what they did! In Tera we don't have that role. If we did, it would be a totally different game.

    Paragon is just lacking description and Valkyrie does not make sense.

    so finally it is true you are mad, because moondancer going to lost against valkyrie ;)

    listen valkyrie is not my choice, my choice was dancer or pole dancer, valkyrie is my default choice, because in the list it is the best name, paragon or sentinel was fine for me

    moondancer and glaivedancer suck too much :3


    The problem was choices influenced by this poll, as you said Valkyrie was not your choice, but you chose it only because it sounds cool obviously. Totally understandable. Therefore why even make this poll in the first place or next time?

    Next time just give something that fits for the class that everyone concurs on and not veto it. Think outside the box Enmasse and just go with Glaiver, which is acceptable by most percent! I saw some people said they liked valkyrie and Glaiver. Just the fact I'm disappointed that Enmasse didn't go with something that most concurred.

    spacecat make the poll, because he doesnt want to be dictator, anyway he could impose us paragon withiout justification, so at least we get something ti is better than nothing
  • In my opinion, "Dragoon" is the best name for spearholder class. Valkyrie is not "allowed" for this class. A Valkyrie can handler more than a weapon. I create a discussion about: https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/12051/valkyrie-class#latest
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    @vkobe

    Bring the Moet champaing and cute dance party at Velika for the new Valkyrie name class that our community chose.

    Let that other person to complain and make Riot at Blizzard forums becuase they choose valkyrie, goliath, vulture for Terrans units name and dont have anything in common with the nordic, greek and whatever he has been spoiting.

    God bless our new name class "Valkyrie"!
  • That fact is that Valkyrie is non-logical if you really read of what it really is and besides it's strictly for the body of mythology of the North Germanic people stemming from Norse paganism and continuing after the Christianization of Scandinavia and into the Scandinavian folklore of the modern period. So how does your logic make any sense to say it's right just because it sounds cool?

    Just remember 2% didn't vote, based on the numbers of the whole community for NA or it could be an error? That percent could be for anything, even moondancer, which I was ok with, but I didn't vote.
    Tera actually has a ton of references to Norse gods and mythology. You need to read up on Tera lore some more if you fail to see that.

    Karas (god of the high elves) was the leader of the 12 original gods, meaning he's pretty much Tera’s Odin and Balder is one of his sons in Norse myth and in Tera. Balder is a personification of the sun in Norse myth AND in Tera (Tera’s 2 suns are actually Balder’s eyes). Balder also gets killed by Lok (Tera’s trickster and crafter/inventor god), who as Loki in Norse myth (also a trickster god) was responsible for Balder’s death as well.

    Lok got killed by Shakan after Balder’s death. Shakan was the guardian god of Balder in Tera lore and guess what Loki in Norse myth gets killed by a designated guardian god as well during Ragnarök who is named Heimdallr.

    Heimdallr in Norse myth besides being the guardian of the gods was said to have guarded the Bifröst, the rainbow bridge that connected Midgard (human world) with Asgard (world of the gods), which is another direct parallel to Tera lore, as Balder was entrusted with the keys (Tera’s Bifröst) to the heavenly abode where the gods true power dwelled and Shakan while guarding Balder was in turn also guarding the keys (the Bifröst).

    As if this wasn't enough of a reference to Norse myth, much of these events happened during the Divine War in Tera lore which is pretty much Ragnarök in Norse mythology. Balder, Lok and Shakan all died during the Divine War just as Balder, Loki and Heimdallr died during Ragnarök (Loki and Heimdallr are even said to have killed each other during Ragnarök as well).

    There's even more references than this in Tera but this post is already long enough and these are some of the most obvious and glaring examples of Norse mythology being incorporated into Tera’s lore and world. So next time you try to state that norse mythology has nothing to do with Tera and that in turn Valkyries would be totally out of place in Tera because they are "strictly for the body of mythology of the North Germanic people" I would suggest you first read up on the actual lore and recognize parallels and similarities between them.

  • GinjitsuGinjitsu ✭✭✭✭✭
    vkobe wrote: »
    If Enmasse didn't give such ridiculous names and just stuck to something that makes more sense for the class description, I would be happy with it. The rest of the voters would not create such an anathema against you, which they did. So I blame Enmasse for this ridiculous poll!

    Enmasse this was a mistake to force people to change the real meaning.

    Lunardancer, Glaiverdancer, Moondancer is more acceptable and I bet all of you would be ok with it. Even though we don't care for dancer. It still fits better.

    These names fit the criteria of the skills itself than some ridiculous of period of the Valkyrie, which is strictly named for what they did! In Tera we don't have that role. If we did, it would be a totally different game.

    Paragon is just lacking description and Valkyrie does not make sense.

    so finally it is true you are mad, because moondancer going to lost against valkyrie ;)

    listen valkyrie is not my choice, my choice was dancer or pole dancer, valkyrie is my default choice, because in the list it is the best name, paragon or sentinel was fine for me

    moondancer and glaivedancer suck too much :3


    The problem was choices influenced by this poll, as you said Valkyrie was not your choice, but you chose it only because it sounds cool obviously. Totally understandable. Therefore why even make this poll in the first place or next time?

    Next time just give something that fits for the class that everyone concurs on and not veto it. Think outside the box Enmasse and just go with Glaiver, which is acceptable by most percent! I saw some people said they liked valkyrie and Glaiver. Just the fact I'm disappointed that Enmasse didn't go with something that most concurred.

    A lot of people wanted Gunner to be named after fan-translated name "Arcane Engineer", I'm glad En Masse stuck with Gunner and disappointed that it didn't do same with Paragon.

    Some argue that new class should be named Moon Dancer because of the fan-translated skill names makes more sense... Well, here's Arcane Engineer skill names and here's Gunner skills names...

    Valkyrie skills will most likely be named to fit the new class for nTera.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    @vkobe

    Bring the Moet champaing and cute dance party at Velika for the new Valkyrie name class that our community chose.

    Let that other person to complain and make Riot at Blizzard forums becuase they choose valkyrie, goliath, vulture for Terrans units name and dont have anything in common with the nordic, greek and whatever he has been spoiting.

    God bless our new name class "Valkyrie"!

    and dragoon, thor, leviathan :3
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ginjitsu wrote: »
    vkobe wrote: »
    If Enmasse didn't give such ridiculous names and just stuck to something that makes more sense for the class description, I would be happy with it. The rest of the voters would not create such an anathema against you, which they did. So I blame Enmasse for this ridiculous poll!

    Enmasse this was a mistake to force people to change the real meaning.

    Lunardancer, Glaiverdancer, Moondancer is more acceptable and I bet all of you would be ok with it. Even though we don't care for dancer. It still fits better.

    These names fit the criteria of the skills itself than some ridiculous of period of the Valkyrie, which is strictly named for what they did! In Tera we don't have that role. If we did, it would be a totally different game.

    Paragon is just lacking description and Valkyrie does not make sense.

    so finally it is true you are mad, because moondancer going to lost against valkyrie ;)

    listen valkyrie is not my choice, my choice was dancer or pole dancer, valkyrie is my default choice, because in the list it is the best name, paragon or sentinel was fine for me

    moondancer and glaivedancer suck too much :3


    The problem was choices influenced by this poll, as you said Valkyrie was not your choice, but you chose it only because it sounds cool obviously. Totally understandable. Therefore why even make this poll in the first place or next time?

    Next time just give something that fits for the class that everyone concurs on and not veto it. Think outside the box Enmasse and just go with Glaiver, which is acceptable by most percent! I saw some people said they liked valkyrie and Glaiver. Just the fact I'm disappointed that Enmasse didn't go with something that most concurred.

    A lot of people wanted Gunner to be named after fan-translated name "Arcane Engineer", I'm glad En Masse stuck with Gunner and disappointed that it didn't do same with Paragon.

    Some argue that new class should be named Moon Dancer because of the fan-translated skill names makes more sense... Well, here's Arcane Engineer skill names and here's Gunner skills names...

    Valkyrie skills will most likely be named to fit the new class for nTera.

    i am sure idioticgenius show us under the name of lunar dancer and not moon dancer
  • GinjitsuGinjitsu ✭✭✭✭✭
    vkobe wrote: »
    Ginjitsu wrote: »
    vkobe wrote: »
    If Enmasse didn't give such ridiculous names and just stuck to something that makes more sense for the class description, I would be happy with it. The rest of the voters would not create such an anathema against you, which they did. So I blame Enmasse for this ridiculous poll!

    Enmasse this was a mistake to force people to change the real meaning.

    Lunardancer, Glaiverdancer, Moondancer is more acceptable and I bet all of you would be ok with it. Even though we don't care for dancer. It still fits better.

    These names fit the criteria of the skills itself than some ridiculous of period of the Valkyrie, which is strictly named for what they did! In Tera we don't have that role. If we did, it would be a totally different game.

    Paragon is just lacking description and Valkyrie does not make sense.

    so finally it is true you are mad, because moondancer going to lost against valkyrie ;)

    listen valkyrie is not my choice, my choice was dancer or pole dancer, valkyrie is my default choice, because in the list it is the best name, paragon or sentinel was fine for me

    moondancer and glaivedancer suck too much :3


    The problem was choices influenced by this poll, as you said Valkyrie was not your choice, but you chose it only because it sounds cool obviously. Totally understandable. Therefore why even make this poll in the first place or next time?

    Next time just give something that fits for the class that everyone concurs on and not veto it. Think outside the box Enmasse and just go with Glaiver, which is acceptable by most percent! I saw some people said they liked valkyrie and Glaiver. Just the fact I'm disappointed that Enmasse didn't go with something that most concurred.

    A lot of people wanted Gunner to be named after fan-translated name "Arcane Engineer", I'm glad En Masse stuck with Gunner and disappointed that it didn't do same with Paragon.

    Some argue that new class should be named Moon Dancer because of the fan-translated skill names makes more sense... Well, here's Arcane Engineer skill names and here's Gunner skills names...

    Valkyrie skills will most likely be named to fit the new class for nTera.

    i am sure idioticgenius show us under the name of lunar dancer and not moon dancer

    Lunar Dancer is not listed in the poll :expressionless:
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ginjitsu wrote: »
    vkobe wrote: »
    Ginjitsu wrote: »
    vkobe wrote: »
    If Enmasse didn't give such ridiculous names and just stuck to something that makes more sense for the class description, I would be happy with it. The rest of the voters would not create such an anathema against you, which they did. So I blame Enmasse for this ridiculous poll!

    Enmasse this was a mistake to force people to change the real meaning.

    Lunardancer, Glaiverdancer, Moondancer is more acceptable and I bet all of you would be ok with it. Even though we don't care for dancer. It still fits better.

    These names fit the criteria of the skills itself than some ridiculous of period of the Valkyrie, which is strictly named for what they did! In Tera we don't have that role. If we did, it would be a totally different game.

    Paragon is just lacking description and Valkyrie does not make sense.

    so finally it is true you are mad, because moondancer going to lost against valkyrie ;)

    listen valkyrie is not my choice, my choice was dancer or pole dancer, valkyrie is my default choice, because in the list it is the best name, paragon or sentinel was fine for me

    moondancer and glaivedancer suck too much :3


    The problem was choices influenced by this poll, as you said Valkyrie was not your choice, but you chose it only because it sounds cool obviously. Totally understandable. Therefore why even make this poll in the first place or next time?

    Next time just give something that fits for the class that everyone concurs on and not veto it. Think outside the box Enmasse and just go with Glaiver, which is acceptable by most percent! I saw some people said they liked valkyrie and Glaiver. Just the fact I'm disappointed that Enmasse didn't go with something that most concurred.

    A lot of people wanted Gunner to be named after fan-translated name "Arcane Engineer", I'm glad En Masse stuck with Gunner and disappointed that it didn't do same with Paragon.

    Some argue that new class should be named Moon Dancer because of the fan-translated skill names makes more sense... Well, here's Arcane Engineer skill names and here's Gunner skills names...

    Valkyrie skills will most likely be named to fit the new class for nTera.

    i am sure idioticgenius show us under the name of lunar dancer and not moon dancer

    Lunar Dancer is not listed in the poll :expressionless:

    https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/9843/ktera-new-class-lunar-dancer-temporary-name-please-read/p1

    idioticgenious should complaint :3
  • GinjitsuGinjitsu ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reason why I oppose too much is that I care about the community as a whole. That's why I didn't like this poll, for how much anathema it created. This was a mistake on Enmasse's part.

    Therefore the poll influenced in such bad ways and changed the class to a definition that does not fit to the criteria for some people. Creating some poll for a class creates anathema. I was not the only one saying how Valkyrie didn't match the description of the class. They should of gone with everyone's concurred responses, therefore this poll wouldn't create this anger among the community. This is a game and it is for everyone, and not just some part of people's opinions. We all should concur on something together next time please!

    So If you really want to misjudge me, I'm more down-to-earth than most people think I am. Keep in mind, I didn't vote. Also it would of been the same for you, if it was something different.

    @PhoenixKiss It looks like you care about your disproved opinion more than the community's!
  • Really don't know why Moonblade wasn't an option
  • edited March 2017
    How do you say it
This discussion has been closed.