[PC] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/17 at 8am PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

Paragon -> Valkyrie Wins [Updated]

Comments

• vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dhrizzit wrote: »
    ERA2 wrote: »
    ITS A MISTAKE BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T CHOOSE MY NAME

paragosentimoonindancer?

Dhrizzit B)
  • JBGamingJBGaming ✭✭✭
    Your soul is mine now.
    valkyrie_by_thebastardson-d4cf24f.jpg
  • Everyone should of concurred on the same name!

Do we all like glaiver? Do we all like Valkyrie, no!- this how it should be done!
    This is completely impossible. There will never possibly be a name that the entire community will all like. This community is far too large and diverse for consensus. Even in a small group or committee, consensus is hard -- it takes countless hours of negotiation and willingness to compromise. The larger the group, the less practical it is to compromise. At this size, it's impossible.

And I can tell you personally, having worked in groups that require consensus, it doesn't necessarily mean the outcome will be stellar. The outcome is usually "by committee" -- so full of compromise that nobody really loves it, but they're tired of fighting and they can live with it. (And then as soon as it exits the committee, people inevitably complain anyway.)

In this situation, given the short timeline, this is the best you can get (or no choice at all and everyone just has to live with EME's internal consensus).
  • AyiAyi ✭✭✭
    Valkyrie wins, we did it. :) Great name for a great class.
  • JBGamingJBGaming ✭✭✭
    ERA2 wrote: »
    ITS A MISTAKE BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T CHOOSE MY NAME

I apologize for literally saying Valkyrie doesn't fit, but it's my opinion. Basically forcing it on topic. Though I bet most percentage people will hate the name and deal with it. If you're not up for all concur next time, then I guess everyone here is for themselves.

My opinion stands as they should of come up with only one name as a whole community and not forcing people to make unclear votes that they didn't even care for, but basically it's meh for them.

I'm a problem solver, even though I didn't like the responses. I still proved a point that people are mad as community. I think as a whole and you don't obviously. Sorry, but I'm sick of this. It's pass midnight.

The problem with your idea of concurring as a community with one name is that the community would never concur. This is what polls are for. We are not each others brothers and sisters. We do not have love for one another. We technically all for our selves. If you are wanting this community to be some big giant loving conglomerate, best think again. We all have our preferences. Some are more open minded then others. Your problem is that you "Are" attempting to think like a whole community. I don't want you thinking for me I can think for myself thank you. I'm perfectly happy with the poll. It's an awesome thing. It's not my fault or anyone else fault that you were late to the game when it came to talking about the class name.
  • JBGamingJBGaming ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Seems like it's about to happen. Oh wait it already is.

72640194.jpg
  • Everyone should of concurred on the same name!

Do we all like glaiver? Do we all like Valkyrie, no!- this how it should be done!
    This is completely impossible. There will never possibly be a name that the entire community will all like. This community is far too large and diverse for consensus. Even in a small group or committee, consensus is hard -- it takes countless hours of negotiation and willingness to compromise. The larger the group, the less practical it is to compromise. At this size, it's impossible.

And I can tell you personally, having worked in groups that require consensus, it doesn't necessarily mean the outcome will be stellar. The outcome is usually "by committee" -- so full of compromise that nobody really loves it, but they're tired of fighting and they can live with it. (And then as soon as it exits the committee, people inevitably complain anyway.)

In this situation, given the short timeline, this is the best you can get (or no choice at all and everyone just has to live with EME's internal consensus).

Something we all can live with...GOOD MORNING REALLY MY GOSH!

Trust me, we would not live long enough to survive the negotiation it would take to arrive at such a point with the community this large. I think we are more likely to run out of words.
  • JBGamingJBGaming ✭✭✭
    Has to be said.
    quote-the-only-time-you-lose-at-something-is-when-you-don-t-learn-from-that-experience-chuck-norris-89-12-13.jpg
  • ERA2ERA2 ✭✭
    I still proved a point that people are mad as community.
    They are mad because you don't shut up about this
    I think as a whole and you don't obviously. Sorry, but I'm sick of this. It's pass midnight.
    No you think as someone who can't bear the fact that there's people out there with different opinions than yours,then you use the "I care about the community" slogan to claim that your opinion has more weight than that of the others and everyone who disagrees with you is wrong.
  • c0gc0g ✭✭
    One day they gonna create a female sword and shield class (and players are prolly gonna costume her up with winged helms and wings), and they'll realize a glaive-wielder is squatting on a good class name.
  • EndevaEndeva ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    c0g wrote: »
    One day they gonna create a female sword and shield class (and players are prolly gonna costume her up with winged helms and wings), and they'll realize a glaive-wielder is squatting on a good class name.

Don't worry, Sentinel and Spartan will still be available.

135907.1464045520.jpg
  • AcendiaAcendia ✭✭✭
    Though I bet most percentage people will hate the name and deal with it.

I hope you meant that most people who hate it will deal with it, rather than that most people will hate it. Latter is easily proven wrong by numbers, majority already said they like it the most.
This discussion has been closed.