[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Can't enter server (Still)

Comments

• VyolVyol ✭✭✭
    Tried that one and still can't enter .. argh.
  • edited March 2017
    Tried that one and still can't enter .. argh.

Maybe you'll have to try temporarily disabling any security software you have installed and trying to edit the hosts file again. I take it when you tried before, it did not work. You might also take a screenshot of the hosts file so we can confirm there are no typos.

Anyway, other than that, the only way is to hope EME can fix it.
  • VyolVyol ✭✭✭
    Did that, disabled and also deleted and tried but it didn't do anything, not with the command method or the host file method

Should I add the ID I get from the cmd window to the host file or the one you posted?
    even though I tried both things already but eh
  • Did that, disabled and also deleted and tried but it didn't do anything, not with the command method or the host file method

Should I add the ID I get from the cmd window to the host file or the one you posted?
    even though I tried both things already but eh

In the hosts files you just need this:

206.248.168.162 patch.tera.enmasse-game.com

But make sure it's the file called "hosts" (which should already exist) and not like "hosts.txt". Take a screenshot of what it's in the file and we should be able to tell you if it's right or not.
  • VyolVyol ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    It doesn't allow me to save ;; opened it as adminetrator but when I try to save the "hosts" (without any suffix) it can't save

"Access denied"
  • It doesn't allow me to save ;; opened it as adminetrator but when I try to save the "hosts" (without any suffix) it can't save

"Access denied"

Yeah, most likely either a) the running of Notepad as Administrator isn't working as expected, or b) some security software on your machine is blocking it, unfortunately. :/
  • VyolVyol ✭✭✭
    Ah I think I did it
    Looks like this now

fmjv5mbs.png
  • VyolVyol ✭✭✭
    Oh. Look like it fixed it. Thank you <3
    But some people still have the problem so looks like it might still be relevant, the tread and all that I mean. Sad that a thread creator can't pin a post.
  • edited March 2017
    Glad you got it! But yeah, EME definitely needs to take those bad patch servers out of commission so that no one else will be affected.
  • VyolVyol ✭✭✭
    True that one. And tbh they need a game error option in their support section since you gotta chose a topic, they don't have anything similar to this issue there so my ticket probably just got ignored anyways (sent it like a week ago)
    PS: RIP Elite
  • femifemi ✭✭
    sad thing nothing worked what you said @counterpoint
    i added the lines in the cmd and checked the lines in the hosts file and everything is alright and it let me save, still nothing changed.

by the time my whole vanguard bonus is gone, 7 elite boxes are wasted not to mention the time ive lost to farm, practice and make gold ...
  • femi wrote: »
    sad thing nothing worked what you said @counterpoint
    i added the lines in the cmd and checked the lines in the hosts file and everything is alright and it let me save, still nothing changed.
    Could you post a screenshot of what it shows in your hosts file so we can make sure there are no typos?
  • femifemi ✭✭
    i dont know how to post pictures here properly but i hope this link will do for you too @counterpoint

imgur.com/a/7G7nu
  • femi wrote: »
    i dont know how to post pictures here properly but i hope this link will do for you too @counterpoint

imgur.com/a/7G7nu

Okay, thanks. So I assume it also lets you save the file as "hosts" (and doesn't try to rename it to "hosts.txt"), right?

Could you try confirming that the change took effect by doing the first half of the instructions here?
    https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/comment/117660/#Comment_117660

If you ping patch.tera.enmasse-game.com -- if it worked -- the result should come back to the IP address set in the hosts file.
  • femifemi ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    i did that and it shows me this http://imgur.com/a/VGSjB

so i assume it didnt change even tho the hosts file saved the last line as you can see in the last picture @counterpoint
This discussion has been closed.