[PC] We are aware of issues surrounding the event EP booster, and are working to resolve this. Currently, we are working towards having this fixed on Tuesday, 02/25 in a hotfix maintenance. We will have further details as we approach this fix. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

No revote on new class name?

Comments

• TewiiTewii ✭✭✭
    What do you mean it isn't decisive? More people voted for Valkyrie. Whether it's 1% more or 50% more, more people voted for it.

Suck it up.
  • AxeI wrote: »
    Can we not turn this into a political thread? The votes for the class name will be decided in a few days, whoever wins, the name will be it.
    Unfortunately, it's already been decided. Quickly and with a 'majority' of 42% vs 41% for the 2nd choice.
    EnMasse basically just washed their hands. Yes, they deserve thumbs up for changing the initial name but the way they did it is far from professional or responsible, allowing less than 3 days for it and giving options people didn't even ask for.
    Nootiful wrote: »
    Just like in real life, those that lose the vote always complain and ask for a revote.
    This has nothing to do with 'losing' or 'complaining'. There wasn't a winner in the first place. And it's not an actual revote I'm asking for. What if both names had the same amount of votes? If you're so happy and confident about the result, why are you afraid of a ballot? If EnMasse really cared about community's feedback, they would make another, final and decisive vote between the 2 most 'popular' choices. I have no problem choosing between 3 options with the condition of this being the final vote, i.e. even if it means 'winning' with as low as 34%.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just proved my point that this poll created so much hate.

0511aa56a753834722594510a3cb3c770ac73a-retina-thumbnail-large.jpg?v=3

if you look like that irl, we all are gonna agree with ya. Just saying ;)
  • YuxibrYuxibr ✭✭✭
    Omg forget this name thing! It wont change in nothing about the class.
    You had a chance to vote and its done. I would love to keep Paragon or Glaiver, but now its over. Let them adjust the new name and get ready to release the class.
  • DesuskyDesusky ✭✭✭
    Sunflare wrote: »
    Nootiful wrote: »
    Do we get a revote on the presidential elections too? I dont like that trump won I want a revote! I need to complain and ask for a revote!

The vote is done, you dont get a second chance. It had been previously said there was no second vote. At least Valkyrie isnt named after a my little pony character.
    You don't get it, I guess. You could choose between 2 people in the presidential elections, so no need to revote, as there has already been a pre-vote, so to speak. In other countries there are often more than 2 candidates (whatever their political background - elected or supported by some party, or applying as an independent candidate). Last year in Bulgaria for example, there were as many as 21 approved applications for President by the Central Electoral Commission. None of them got over 50% of all votes, so the first 2 went to a ballot. Anyhow.

Like I said, I would've chosen "Glaiver" - it's simple and self-explanatory, like "Slayer", "Lancer", "Gunner".

theres more than 2 people for presidential election in america
    ur asking for a revote because u lost, end of story no excuses
  • AyiAyi ✭✭✭
    Valkyrie already won
  • KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Yuxibr wrote: »
    You had a chance to vote and its done. I would love to keep Paragon or Glaiver, but now its over. Let them adjust the new name and get ready to release the class.

I didn't like that Enmasse denied Glaiver. Won't change a thing though. I'm sorry, I also proved Enmasse don't listen to their community as a whole concurrence.

Several reasons why EME cannot listen to 'their community as a whole', as you put it:
    1. The whole community isn't on the forums. Never was, never will be.
    2. As was said in the other topic, getting everyone to agree to one thing is a very long process (if not impossible), because no-one agrees on anything.
    3. Most of the community is made of entitled people who cannot abide the rules set for them. See this very topic, asking for a revote.

Also, I'd hardly count 2-3 people an outbreak.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I would bet that if they didn't bother with making a vote, and just went with Paragon and that's it, the discussion that the name sucks would have died quickly.
    But they gave people choice. Nice, great. No crappy name for new class, great!
    But no, it's not enough to chose.

Sorry that's how it goes, they gave people choice, the higher vote count wins. If there was a new voting done without the other 3 options, it's still not a guarantee that the 16% that voted for the other 3 would even vote at all.
  • KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Yuxibr wrote: »

I didn't like that Enmasse denied Glaiver. Won't change a thing though. I'm sorry, I also proved Enmasse don't listen to their community as a whole concurrence.

Several reasons why EME cannot listen to 'their community as a whole', as you put it:
    1. The whole community isn't on the forums. Never was, never will be.
    2. As was said in the other topic, getting everyone to agree to one thing is a very long process (if not impossible), because no-one agrees on anything.
    3. Most of the community is made of entitled people who cannot abide the rules set for them. See this very topic, asking for a revote.

Also, I'd hardly count 2-3 people an outbreak.

Enmasse won't take the revision. HA HA.

I'm sorry but, what do you mean?
  • VyolVyol ✭✭✭
    If you're halfway interested in northern mythology and stuff, no, Valkyrie doesn't make any sense at all because they're described as pale and blonde (because northern race and sh*t), angelic beings who guide people who die on the battlefield to Valhalla.

The new class is anything but tbh. They're revenge filled, small, dark skinned women with mostly dark hair so I'm kinda dissapointed in the name.
    BUT tbh who even cares?

A revote would just be stupid since the community has spoken and that's all there is to it. Just accept the name, it's just a name.
This discussion has been closed.