[TERA PC] Summersilk season is here! Pick up Summersilk Robes in the TERA store until August 3. Plus, earn a free Summersilk Robe in our leveling event: https://bit.ly/TERA_summersilk
[TERA Console] To celebrate the launch of the Awakening update, participate in the Awakening Leveling Event! Plus, get free items upon your first post-update log-in. Details: https://bit.ly/awkn_events
[TERA Console] The Awakening update (v84) is now live on all console servers! Read the patch notes here: https://bit.ly/v84notes

No revote on new class name?

Comments

• KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator ✭✭✭✭✭
    So technically Glaiver, everyone was happy with it. I don't think anyone would deny it, given how it represents the class for what it holds.

Was always against Glaiver myself, since that's a stupid name (reasoning being, apart from Gunners and Lancers -and lancers barely count since their shield is the most important aspect of their gear-, none of the classes are named for their weapon). Would have preferred Dragoon, but hey, that wasn't an option either.
  • VyolVyol ✭✭✭
    Yeah I see that but they'll calm down eventually .. like all the time!
    And Dragoon would have been cool tbh I'd love that
  • AyiAyi ✭✭✭
    Dragoon reminds me too much of Final Fantasy
  • sanj66sanj66 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    the majority has spoken whether it be by 1% or 1 vote, there is a clear cut winner, as dominic toretto would say, "it dont matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winning is winning."
  • THEPGTHEPG ✭✭
    Sunflare wrote: »
    AxeI wrote: »
    Can we not turn this into a political thread? The votes for the class name will be decided in a few days, whoever wins, the name will be it.
    Unfortunately, it's already been decided. Quickly and with a 'majority' of 42% vs 41% for the 2nd choice.
    EnMasse basically just washed their hands. Yes, they deserve thumbs up for changing the initial name but the way they did it is far from professional or responsible, allowing less than 3 days for it and giving options people didn't even ask for.
    Nootiful wrote: »
    Just like in real life, those that lose the vote always complain and ask for a revote.
    This has nothing to do with 'losing' or 'complaining'. There wasn't a winner in the first place. And it's not an actual revote I'm asking for. What if both names had the same amount of votes? If you're so happy and confident about the result, why are you afraid of a ballot? If EnMasse really cared about community's feedback, they would make another, final and decisive vote between the 2 most 'popular' choices. I have no problem choosing between 3 options with the condition of this being the final vote, i.e. even if it means 'winning' with as low as 34%.

Arent you on EU TERA?
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Report thread and spammers to stop an useless discusion.

Now I only wait a month to be able to create my Valkyrie.
  • EndevaEndeva ✭✭✭✭✭
    People need to grow up and stop throwing tantrums each time they don't get their way.
  • GumsGums ✭✭
    Can we keep revoting until the one I like wins pls
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are you guys keep arguing? It is done, close thread and move on. There is no point. I called it long ago.
  • VysseVysse ✭✭✭
    If we can't revote for President then why revote for this. Results are final.
  • sanj66 wrote: »
    the majority has spoken whether it be by 1% or 1 vote, there is a clear cut winner
    I'm sorry, what do you consider the majority? The 42% who voted for "Valkyrie" or the 58% who chose another name? Funny, isn't it - reading the results the way it suits you.
    THEPG wrote: »
    Arent you on EU TERA?
    Please read the opening post at least.
    Ginjitsu wrote: »
    People need to grow up and stop throwing tantrums each time they don't get their way.
    I believe I asked more than nicely, thank you.

• Gums wrote: »
    theres more than 2 people for presidential election in america
    Pardon me, what country do you live in?
    Gums wrote: »
    Can we keep revoting until the one I like wins pls
    You didn't even read the opening post, did you?

• The majority did speak. 42% for Valkyrie. 41% for moondancer. 4% for paragon. 6% for sentinel. 6% for glaivedancer. The majority of players voted for Valkyrie. It's how things work.
  • Valkyrie got more votes than each of the other options. That is all.

If people felt Moondancer was the best option they'd have voted for it instead of the other options, so don't bring up the 'votes being split' bull.

Also, considering the size of a playerbase of an MMORPG (quite a large community), if you genuinely think it is easy to get the whole community to concur on something in a matter of days, you are not 'idealistic', you are naive. Look at the forums recently and it is obvious that those who want the class name changed have absolutely no intention to compromise or concede.

Both the idea of a revote, and any further discussion are pointless because neither is productive nor constructive. Spacecats has already said there will not be a revote because they already strapped for time as is.
This discussion has been closed.