[PS4/XB1] Due to an error, we have extended current events (such as dungeon highlights) by one day. The new end time is now 10/15 at 0500 UTC. Thanks for your patience!

From girl gamers...

Comments

• Being called/referred to as a guy repeatedly gets old pretty fast imo. Though It's not bad at all on TERA. 95% of the time gender doesn't even come up, unlike other games/sites...
    The nail in the coffin is I don't ever bring up gender. I just get called a dude. :expressionless:
  • I've edited and removed several comments in this thread because they were argumentative, sexist, or derailing the thread into a separate discussion about the definition of gender. Please be respectful of each other.
  • Mobius1Mobius1 ✭✭✭
    One thing that has happened to me, in the past, is a guild siding with a female over myself, when I was clearly in the right.

But half the guild was googly eyed around her, so next thing I knew I had people in the guild literally lecturing me on how I was in the wrong, and that they were going to do things her way.

This girl also contributed 1/100 of what I did, to the guild. It was pretty sad, really. The whole thing made me take a break from Tera for a while.

So yeah, don't think that gender differences don't impact guys negatively, either. For how many times I've seen guys mistreat girls, I have seen girls mistreat guys, just in their more underhanded ways :D. It's not only guys who can be evil :)

But of course, that's NEVER an excuse for a guy to mistreat a girl, or anyone, for that matter.
  • Lol, for the two weeks of being in a guild, everybody thought i was a woman. They still call me Noti a year later.

Lol. No descriptive pronoun usage for the win.
  • KertainKertain ✭✭✭
    I didnt bother reading all the replies to this thread so someone might have already pointed this, if so I'm sorry but I just wanted to leave my two cents here.

First of all I'm a guy that has been playing since Tera went f2p on AV server.

Second you don't need to join a guild to learn the game, it's ok if you do it, but being in a guild means good and bad and you should accept the drama it comes with being in one as well as the help everyone is ready to give. The same way in RL if you have a mixed group of friends there will be drama among them sometimes but they are always there one for another despite the drama.

Third, it's not very polite but gifts can be refused and if you don't want to be misinterpreted, that's what you should do, or else you'll just give birth to more drama. It is more polite to refuse a gift than regifting it, unless it's christmas and you're making a big gift trade.

If you realize I did not mention genders at any point wich means whatever my two cents mean they are valid for both genders, males and females, because since I believe in EQUALITY, I believe in a female majority guild that takes few males and same [filtered] drama can happen.

Finally if there's logs you will see I sometimes did indeed say stuff like "gamer girls don't exist" or "girls don't exist in the internet" on global, however that doesn't mean I believe in those words and may just be teasing, which indeed I am since I know some RL gamer girls and I've already met some gamer girls in Tera.
  • ZebNikoZebNiko ✭✭
    Mobius1 wrote: »
    One thing that has happened to me, in the past, is a guild siding with a female over myself, when I was clearly in the right.

But half the guild was googly eyed around her, so next thing I knew I had people in the guild literally lecturing me on how I was in the wrong, and that they were going to do things her way.

This girl also contributed 1/100 of what I did, to the guild. It was pretty sad, really. The whole thing made me take a break from Tera for a while.

So yeah, don't think that gender differences don't impact guys negatively, either. For how many times I've seen guys mistreat girls, I have seen girls mistreat guys, just in their more underhanded ways :D. It's not only guys who can be evil :)

But of course, that's NEVER an excuse for a guy to mistreat a girl, or anyone, for that matter.

Tell that to the gay guy "educating" straight guys that got 8 likes:
    Catastros wrote: »
    I'm gay and I do all this to straight guys, so they feel uncomfortable and can feel/know what girls have to go through.

Educating straight guys, one at a time.

cus two wrongs equals a right, right?
  • ChoaruChoaru ✭✭
    Catastros wrote: »
    I'm gay and I do all this to straight guys, so they feel uncomfortable and can feel/know what girls have to go through.

Educating straight guys, one at a time.

Lmao xD
  • To be honest i never really cared if someone was a "gamer girl" or not, as long as i play a game and have fun with people that can actually play or are willing to learn , then i wouldn't mind, me and my girlfriend play and i've never really seen such stuff as you're describing for tera but i've seen it for many other games and its horrible and i wonder if people honestly think that closed minded or are just that ignorant and stupid , dont let it discourage you from tera , find a nice guild where people wouldn't care, a lot of small yet hardcore guilds are like that like mines on MT , small , run everything and still fun, so dont worry too mcuh about those sort of people.
  • I guess I just don't play all that much to care but usually, everyone assumes I'm a guy and honestly, I'm fine with that. It feels like I get a lot less grief until people find out I'm a girl. I mean yeah, there are quite a bit of immature boys who think they're being funny but it just comes off as being annoying and irritating.

Personally, I stay away from teamspeak or similar unless I feel really really comfortable with the guild/party/etc.
  • Ok, allow me to speak from the male perspective:

Over the past couple months, my debate class has been debating endlessly as to whether or not gender inequality in gaming exist. The consensus in my class was pretty clear...there is gender inequality everywhere.

Men, stop treating the women like pieces of crap. Believe it or not, not every gamer is male.

OP, as a male who games, I fully agree with you that the men's sexist behavior must change.

King
  • SinastriaSinastria ✭✭✭
    Keep it simple. Everyone knows nobody's human in mmorpg.

I'm a lizard myself.
  • Mobius1Mobius1 ✭✭✭
    Well, I learned a long time ago what girls really want.

• Kaidun wrote: »
    But girls don't exist on the internet , the chromosome y ,is what gives humans the ability to learn high technology and complex geeky informatic techniques , like opening browsers and installing games .....

Did you know that recent studies show that chromozome Y is slowly getting smaller and smaller, and some scientists predict chromozome Y will one day disappear completely, and we'll only have females in the world?

God probably IS a Female. hue. (B
  • StarkhoeStarkhoe ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Honestly I think that you love this. But sure here is my two cents. I think that people over complicate these things, often wanting people to perhaps be something that they are not, in accordance to they're gender. Which is exactly why my philosophy is simple: I consider everyone as being a lying sack of potato's. And, no, I wouldn't want to know otherwise. Why, are things like this suppose to matter? way I see it, women aren't special and men aren't special. Both can be equally loud and sprout the same sort of nonsense. Stupidity is a none discriminating, universal concept. I see no victims, only broker scams. And I think that if certain people are so desperate to seek a difference in each other, then they should take comfort in the fact that no matter how badly they're online persona is composed, there's always gonna be someone out there that does it worse. After all.. white knights and sugar mamma`s have one thing in common - they rarely press "negotiate".

And thats what really matters. $_$
  • My feelings toward all gaming girls:
    You-Have-No-Power-Here.jpg

At the end of the day you just to have fun and laugh nothing more (ex: some mistakes made in dungeons or pvp battlegrounds ) *we know that from our dear community manager, dying spree = everybody happy with raffle in chat*, treat this as is, a joke.
This discussion has been closed.