[PC] Naslow's Treasure Map Items have been temporarily disabled while we resolve an issue. We appreciate your patience and understanding!

No revote on new class name?

Comments

• KimimishanKimimishan ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Stop acting like little spoiled children; you are supposed to be a mature audience, hence you're supposed to understand that if you push for a revote you're gonna delay localization for another week.
    People have to get to work and they need something final; if you're unhappy with Valkyrie winning (by the way. At no point did EME state "the winner will be picked", if anything this is a "let's hear out the community" poll. We do not choose, we make ourselves heard and considered, there is a difference; it is other people's work to manipulate this data, and you can feel lucky about it), remember these three syllables: PA-RA-GON.
    Be grateful for what you get, instead of sillily projecting your ideals into a world that can never satisfy them; it isn't the world's fault. Life lesson here darlings.

PS: I voted Moondancer, still arguing against any other measure.
  • sanj66sanj66 ✭✭✭✭
    Sunflare wrote: »
    sanj66 wrote: »
    the majority has spoken whether it be by 1% or 1 vote, there is a clear cut winner
    I'm sorry, what do you consider the majority? The 42% who voted for "Valkyrie" or the 58% who chose another name? Funny, isn't it - reading the results the way it suits you.
    THEPG wrote: »
    Arent you on EU TERA?
    Please read the opening post at least.
    Ginjitsu wrote: »
    People need to grow up and stop throwing tantrums each time they don't get their way.
    I believe I asked more than nicely, thank you.

suits me? i dont care about this class or what its chosen name is, in a poll open to everyone to vote on their choice one name got the majority of the cast votes, it won get over it.
  • The majority did speak.
    And it did NOT choose "Valkyrie".
    http://www.thefreedictionary.com/majority
    Spacecats has already said there will not be a revote because they already strapped for time as is.
    We've known there would be a new class for 3 months now and they are 'strapped for time'? Please. :-)
    Kimimishan wrote: »
    What you voted for doesn't matter. If you're immature enough, to use your own terminology, to understand that, I can't help it.
    You can't be seriously suggesting a revote is going to postpone the class release, right?

I'll actually stop here. I wasn't planning on posting further but thought I'd address some of the points raised by other players. It's just my opinion and if you don't like it, you're more than welcome to ignore it. o/

• LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    Suck it up and move on. People who don't get their way always ask for something else.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not MY NAME, waiting for this to happen lol
  • edited March 2017
    We've known there would be a new class for 3 months now and they are 'strapped for time'? Please. :-)

Yes, because there was never going to be a vote. They had already decided on Paragon and were moving forward on that. But then, seeing the reaction, they decided at the last minute to do a vote between their internal runners-up. They will not risk delaying the localization or release for a longer "democratic process" (that people still won't be entirely satisfied by anyway). So this poll is it. Maybe they should have done the poll a long time ago to give time for a prolonged voting process, but based on the amount of drama this caused, I'm not sure that would have ultimately been better anyway.
  • SylvietteSylviette ✭✭✭
    You're free to call your pole dancer however you like, nobody would bother to be honest (Unless you're hardcore erper who needs the exact name and mood to get it on). I'm calling the new class pole dancer, and will lfg with that name personally.
  • GinjitsuGinjitsu ✭✭✭✭✭
    The majority did speak.
    And it did NOT choose "Valkyrie".
    http://www.thefreedictionary.com/majority
    Spacecats has already said there will not be a revote because they already strapped for time as is.
    What you voted for doesn't matter. If you're immature enough, to use your own terminology, to understand that, I can't help it.
    You can't be seriously suggesting a revote is going to postpone the class release, right?

I'll actually stop here. I wasn't planning on posting further but thought I'd address some of the points raised by other players. It's just my opinion and if you don't like it, you're more than welcome to ignore it. o/

Valkyrie got the the greater number of votes, aka majority.
  • JBGamingJBGaming ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    How hard is it for a community to all concur on something?

Your thinking is illogical, at best. You apparently only want to consume that which you want to comprehend. People have been over this time and time again with you and you are lobbying for something that simply will not every happen. The reason why a community for an MMO like Tera would not concur on something is because of the diversity of opinion from the start.

People will argue back and forth to try and prove some ridiculous concept for a name, in order to come to some sort of consensus. You do not understand human behavior very well at all. Are you sheltered living in the middle of nowhere? Is your entire life on the computer? Do you wish you could actually live in the computer environment and think that reality is actually false or something? If so then it's time you woke up to reality. Reality is no body would ever concur. This is why people vote. This has been this way since before the creation of computers. This has been this way since before the founding on the United States or any other known country in existence today.

You ideology is a false conception of reality. People have tried to explain to you in the most simplest of ways possible and you still do not listen to REASON. Apparently you are lacking reason. Yes I went there because you will not be silent and learn anything from this. Perhaps the lesson you should learn is to be silent when you are late. You are in fact more than late. Slow as a snail on this agenda of yours.

Counterpoint could not have said it any clearer.
    This is completely impossible. There will never possibly be a name that the entire community will all like. This community is far too large and diverse for consensus. Even in a small group or committee, consensus is hard -- it takes countless hours of negotiation and willingness to compromise. The larger the group, the less practical it is to compromise. At this size, it's impossible.

And I can tell you personally, having worked in groups that require consensus, it doesn't necessarily mean the outcome will be stellar. The outcome is usually "by committee" -- so full of compromise that nobody really loves it, but they're tired of fighting and they can live with it. (And then as soon as it exits the committee, people inevitably complain anyway.)

In this situation, given the short timeline, this is the best you can get (or no choice at all and everyone just has to live with EME's internal consensus).

Trust me, we would not live long enough to survive the negotiation it would take to arrive at such a point with the community this large. I think we are more likely to run out of words.

Even when that was said, which is truth. You still did not comprehend this. It's almost as if you are a programmed robot better for nothing but arguing and causing more dissention.
    59365536.jpg
  • JBGamingJBGaming ✭✭✭
    If you're halfway interested in northern mythology and stuff, no, Valkyrie doesn't make any sense at all because they're described as pale and blonde (because northern race and sh*t), angelic beings who guide people who die on the battlefield to Valhalla.

The new class is anything but tbh. They're revenge filled, small, dark skinned women with mostly dark hair so I'm kinda dissapointed in the name.
    BUT tbh who even cares?

A revote would just be stupid since the community has spoken and that's all there is to it. Just accept the name, it's just a name.

I just don't like how much outbreak there is from this poll. Therefore everyone should of concurred on something. Which is not hard at all. Next time that should be done!

I do not concur with your statement.
  • Ginjitsu wrote: »

That's called a relative majority. You wanna look smart get your facts straight, majority alone implies 50% of the votes +1 aka absolute.
    OH YEAH LETS DO THIS
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're halfway interested in northern mythology and stuff, no, Valkyrie doesn't make any sense at all because they're described as pale and blonde (because northern race and sh*t), angelic beings who guide people who die on the battlefield to Valhalla.

The new class is anything but tbh. They're revenge filled, small, dark skinned women with mostly dark hair so I'm kinda dissapointed in the name.
    BUT tbh who even cares?

On the other hand, if you grew up watching Charmed, it makes -perfect- sense.
  • GinjitsuGinjitsu ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ginjitsu wrote: »

That's called a relative majority. You wanna look smart get your facts straight, majority alone implies 50% of the votes +1 aka absolute.
    OH YEAH LETS DO THIS

It still doens't change the fact that Valkyrie got the the greater number of votes, aka majority. You're the one linking all these definitions to try to delegitimize the outcome of the poll.

Any attempts you make won't change the fact that the winner was declared by the majority of the community and a GM of En Masse.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello,

Isn't there going to be a ballot of the voting for a name of the class? @Spacecats You've basically dismissed the opinion of 41% of those who voted. The 'winner' got barely 1% more. That's hardly decisive. Not only did you offer a very limited choice but you're now plain ignoring 41% of your players? This is not a presidential election, I know, but since it's allegedly the first such community poll, you could at least try and make it fairer. Call it more democratic if you will.

I personally was going to vote for "Glaiver" but you twisted it into Glaivedancer, making it as unappealing as your previously chosen and subsequently disliked by the community "Paragon" name. So, upon checking current results first, I chose "Moondancer". Why? Because it had previously built some popularity among players but mostly because, in difference to "Valkyrie", it bore some meaning without having to consult Wikipedia. Why was "Valkyrie" even considered? How many regular players were familiar with the term beforehand? I couldn't even be bothered to check the meaning of it although we've had these Valkyrie Helm items for a while now. I don't care why TERA RU players chose it. I for one don't want class names with mythological etymology. "Valkyrie" is completely Alien to me. I am not a native English speaker (perhaps that's become obvious by now) but even in my mother tongue - Bulgarian - I've hardly ever heard/used the name of these 'warrior maidens' of Scandinavian Mythology. Even "Splinter" (the ninja turtles' master) would've been 100 times better as a class name.

There's also another thing. I play mostly on TERA EU. Given the nature of the relationship between both publishers - EnMasse and Gameforge, it is very likely TERA EU will adopt the same name for its English speaking players as TERA NA. I would really hate calling the new class "Valkyrie".

This been said, I'd like to kindly ask for a revote. There is (at least) a month left until the arrival of the new class. I believe there's more than enough time for a revote. And this time please allow 5 to 7 days for it. Although there were only 2 potential winners, it would be really nice if you included Glaiver, Moondancer and Valkyrie as options for this final vote.

Thank you for your attention!

welcome to democracy, in democracy we respect the results even if we dont like the politicians we have, do you think i love the candidate who rule for the power in my country ? no but i respect what we chosen even if i spite on my prime minister, so live with people choice ;)
  • Sunflare wrote: »
    No, @Spacecats already said there wouldn't be another vote, they're short on time to get the class ready.
    You'll have to excuse me for not reading/listening to everything he says. :-)

How dare you not search for all my responses!!!

So yeah as KarmaTheAlligator said, I did address this in the "Paragon" thread last week. Basically there was only one poll and the results are final. The names on the poll were chosen by the En Masse TERA team based off both community conversations and what our writing staff selected as appropriate, exciting, and flavorful in theme with TERA. I think a lot of people are reading pretty deep into that response looking for a reason to hold some kind of additional vote, but the fact is that we're totally happy with how the poll turned out and now it's time to get to work so that the Valkyrie can shine in TERA in time for the update.

There will always be people that are unhappy with a name choice. Everyone feels that the name they have in their heads in the best and most reasonable choice for whatever reason. If you compare the votes from the poll, compare the results between "Paragon" and "Valkyrie" and I'd say it's safe to say way more people will be satisfied by the new name thanks to the community vote.

I'm going to close this thread since I believe the initial question has now been answered and there are other threads currently going to discuss the poll results. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.