The Maintenance on our PC Servers has completed. Servers are up and running, thank you for your patience!

EP Reset Potion Explained

So before the rumor mills start I wanted to tell you guys what the EP Reset Potion on the WH Test server is. For starters...

NO WE ARE NOT GETTING NOR WE WILL LIKELY EVER GET THE TALENT SYSTEM. IT IS EXCLUSIVE TO KTERA AND WE WILL LIKELY NEVER SEE IT BECAUSE OF THE BUGS IT APPARENTLY HAS. NO REGION OUTSIDE OF KTERA HAS IT.

With that out of the way it is essentially an item for the talent system that was accidentally left in there. Hope that stops the theories.

Noesis wrote: »
Vysse got it in one. The store inventories on Wonderholme are not editable currently with the tools that we normally use, so I wasn't able to remove the EP Potions from WH. But 100% truth: we aren't bringing the Talent System over. Not happening. Confirmed.

Comments

• StevenAnthonyStevenAnthony ✭✭✭✭
    is like a

"Vip Status Expires "

When eme release LKNM
  • Vysse got it in one. The store inventories on Wonderholme are not editable currently with the tools that we normally use, so I wasn't able to remove the EP Potions from WH. But 100% truth: we aren't bringing the Talent System over. Not happening. Confirmed.
  • Noesis wrote: »
    Vysse got it in one. The store inventories on Wonderholme are not editable currently with the tools that we normally use, so I wasn't able to remove the EP Potions from WH. But 100% truth: we aren't bringing the Talent System over. Not happening. Confirmed.

Boo. Can you report a GM for abuse?
  • GinjitsuGinjitsu ✭✭✭✭✭

Boo. Can you report a GM for abuse?

Yes, the Report option is still available when GMs post.
  • KiraboshiKiraboshi ✭✭✭
    Would be great if Ktera could also remove the talent system so they can stop balancing the game with talents in mind.

They claimed talents wouldn't cause this problem, but it's pretty obvious when you look at the updates and the state of Ktera that they have been. Melee classes have a [filtered] ton of movement speed and resolve from talents and so they keep overbuffing ranged classes to keep up. It's dumb.
  • KiraboshiKiraboshi ✭✭✭
    Dhrizzit wrote: »
    what does this system... explain............................

gives more dmg? and bonus for pvp or pve?

if not, i dont care heheh :p

It's like a second set of glyphs based on a different point system.

Many of them are completely gamebreaking, so it didn't make it out of Ktera ( But they won't outright delete it either LOL )
  • GrievuuzGrievuuz ✭✭✭

It's super silly to release a game with unaltered stats, while simultaneously not porting over stat-based features. I can't come up with a single reason why we shouldn't get the talent system.

All it does is create different ecosystems within the same game (read: balance/progression issues & player confusion)
  • KiraboshiKiraboshi ✭✭✭
    Kiraboshi wrote: »

Many of them are completely gamebreaking, so it didn't make it out of Ktera ( But they won't outright delete it either LOL )

omg

i want it

No you don't.

• KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator ✭✭✭✭✭

omg

i want it

No you don't.

Remember, he's one of those who can play 18 hours a day, he probably does want the talents.
  • I'd like to see Talents on our server someday but not while they are in their current broken state. I think the potential for some interesting options is there if the system ever gets smoothed out..
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grievuuz wrote: »

It's super silly to release a game with unaltered stats, while simultaneously not porting over stat-based features. I can't come up with a single reason why we shouldn't get the talent system.
    Because the system, as implemented in K-TERA, is not properly balanced at all. As was said above, if they fixed it so that it was fair and balanced, and a way of providing customization beyond the level cap without inescapably advantaging people who farm endlessly, then maybe it could be considered. But, for a community that complains so much about fairness and balance, this only makes it worse.
  • I'd love if talents could give more end-game build options(build power, aspd, focus on diff skills and still do comparable damage) but tera is pretty much stack crit everywhere, same crystals same everything.
    Miss ragnarok online where you could build ur toon in so many ways.