[PC] Naslow's Treasure Map Items have been temporarily disabled while we resolve an issue. We appreciate your patience and understanding!

There will be a loading screen contest for the new class?

Comments

• GinjitsuGinjitsu ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope not, I still have nightmares from the past contest...
  • DelusoDeluso ✭✭✭✭
    Not to mention when someone "copy-paste" official artwork and use it on to win.
    Well, I guess EME's staff didn't have art certification to be "actual" judge on arts.
  • SaphirKanzakiSaphirKanzaki ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Deluso wrote: »
    Well, I guess EME's staff didn't have art certification to be "actual" judge on arts.
    That's a huge flaw.
    I mean, I'm working as a project manager in the chemical industry and there were several requirements for my job.

- bronze medal winner in a country-wide swimming contest to ensure safety in case of flood
    - advanced sommelier training for drinking wine with customers
    - certificate to proof I did single-handed take down a bear in case of bear apocalypse
    - bachelor of fine arts studies in case our PR/marketing comes up with pictures we use to announce our new products

EME should really step up their game and send all their useless employees into advanced trainings! B)
  • I agree with the loading screen contest, there is sometimes some good works by people...

I also think they need to make other loading screens for NA, the ones with Anya and the kids on the starter island are annoying as crap now, and I am tired of seeing them.
  • ^ Same tbh lol

Also I would like to know, because drawing something takes time...
  • edited March 2017
    Really hope they give players an option on what they put on the stupid loading screen if they do this, cause seriously they can pick whatever horrible looking picture they want but I do not want to see the same horrible picture every day for the next 40-60 days until the new class is released.

I mean why the [filtered] do players not get the choice of what they want to look at for weeks/months at a time? It gets worse when most of the contests the "winners" were picked cause of a stupid reason imo or were just flat out picked cause we friendz with them.

Considering the amount of drama with the simple vote for the class name this past time, and the amount of drama that always surrounds art contests, I am a bit worried about how this would go. One of the things that EME tries to do -- whether you agree or not -- is to choose winners with a variety of art styles (some of the past winners that were disliked were probably chosen in large part because they were unique, but deemed by the general public to be ugly/tacky). If you're designing art for public voting, I suspect this diversity in approaches will go down, and it will tend towards the same people winning every time.

Unless you can provide actual evidence, accusing them of picking their "friends" is baseless and unfair. It's just a snide way of delegitimizing the winners with insinuation.
  • BonbonnieBonbonnie ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I'd like to see a return of art contests too. However, I'd suggest pulling from female streamers to judge as well. Maybe Jayney (Keyori's wife?) and a few others as ladies seem to be a bit more keen with art from what I've seen. Heck, I'll judge too for free just so as long as those bright frickin colors that hurt my already weak eyes don't show up again.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really hope they give players an option on what they put on the stupid loading screen if they do this, cause seriously they can pick whatever horrible looking picture they want but I do not want to see the same horrible picture every day for the next 40-60 days until the new class is released.

I mean why the [filtered] do players not get the choice of what they want to look at for weeks/months at a time? It gets worse when most of the contests the "winners" were picked cause of a stupid reason imo or were just flat out picked cause we friendz with them.

Unless you can provide actual evidence, accusing them of picking their "friends" is baseless and unfair. It's just a snide way of delegitimizing the winners with insinuation.

There will be always this kind of thought about publishers staff picking their friends over others on contests. This is becuase it happens on other games.

Even if this was the case is better that the publisher staff has the decision rather than the players for the thing you already said.

If we are free to vote to decide the winners then the winners will win becuase popularity and that won't mean they have quality or they are original.

For this better let EME make the decision, that way we won't see endless flamming between players for something silly as this.
  • Deluso wrote: »
    That's a huge flaw.
    I mean, I'm working as a project manager in the chemical industry and there were several requirements for my job.

- bronze medal winner in a country-wide swimming contest to ensure safety in case of flood
    - advanced sommelier training for drinking wine with customers
    - certificate to proof I did single-handed take down a bear in case of bear apocalypse
    - bachelor of fine arts studies in case our PR/marketing comes up with pictures we use to announce our new products

EME should really step up their game and send all their useless employees into advanced trainings! B)

I lol'd.
  • I am planning a loading screen contest soon, by the way. I want to make sure the timing is right, but get your tablets ready!
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spacecats wrote: »
    I am planning a loading screen contest soon, by the way. I want to make sure the timing is right, but get your tablets ready!

well at least, it won't be an Elin contest this time. Don't foucking choose screens with Elin in it plox ;)
  • LesbianVi wrote: »
    I am planning a loading screen contest soon, by the way. I want to make sure the timing is right, but get your tablets ready!

well at least, it won't be an Elin contest this time. Don't foucking choose screens with Elin in it plox ;)

I'll accept ONLY artwork featuring Femanis.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    LesbianVi wrote: »

I'll accept ONLY artwork featuring Femanis.

<3 <3 <3 <3 With natural original feet ofc :3
  • Spacecats wrote: »

Can't wait!

9ed06d3c2a8175b1.gif
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭

Considering the amount of drama with the simple vote for the class name this past time, and the amount of drama that always surrounds art contests, I am a bit worried about how this would go. One of the things that EME tries to do -- whether you agree or not -- is to choose winners with a variety of art styles (some of the past winners that were disliked were probably chosen in large part because they were unique, but deemed by the general public to be ugly/tacky). If you're designing art for public voting, I suspect this diversity in approaches will go down, and it will tend towards the same people winning every time.

Well, really it doesn't matter if EME is trying to do anything, let alone make sure they pick the winner based on a variety of art styles, what matters is if people can stand looking at the art for weeks/months at a time. I could care less if the ugliest picture gets chosen cause hey it was the best picture used in Paint this round, but I certainly don't want to look at it every time I feel like playing Tera. The very least they could do it put a player voted choice on the forums so player at least feels that they had some choice in what we are looking at while playing even if their choice loses.

I don't think that's asking for too much but of course, EME thinks their choices are always perfect and no need for player feedback cause who the [filtered] would ever think to not like something EME picked?

Yeah right, and we also need a vote to decide if we want to see the ugly transition from server select screen to character select screen, also we need a vote to decide if we wan to see and hear the ugly animation from ninjas chi abilities, etc.

Nope, if that was that important you would have many players complaining but even on forums you can count them with the fingers on one hand.

I can speak for myselft and won't us "we". I would like to see another drawing contest and hope to see the winners on loading screens as always.