The "Paragon" Valkyrie?

No new posts or notice to update anybody, but in case you've been AFK for a couple weeks, here's an update.

A new class has been announced (a glaive-wielding female Castanic), a lot of users didn't like the name (Paragon), and En Masse had a poll for the class' new name (Valkyrie took 47% with Moon Dancer shy about a hundred votes). They announced the reserve your name event for the Valkyrie, and (as of last night) have edited the original post to read Paragon Valkyrie.

FYI, the original post mentioned Valkyrie maybe twice, with no capital letters. En Masse didn't seem very excited about the vote pulling Valkyrie as the users' preference.

My question, is the class going to be released as Paragon Valkyrie, like in the article? Or just Valkyrie, as the consumers picked?
And if En Masse wanted Paragon so badly, why not just leave it as announced, instead of giving us an option?
«1

Comments

  • MelyodisMelyodis ✭✭✭
    you can't see things and just leave it you know they can't use 2 words for a name and still coming to question them, lord.
  • If they could use 2 words the name would probably be lunar dancer. But spaghetti code makes them use a 1 word name so it's valkyrie.
  • Dont care about the name (I like Valkyrie and also Moon danver) but the class seems like a warrior with croud control.
    I like it. I will have one for sure. And the better thing IT IS NOT A FKIN ELIN!! Castanic Female, my favorite.
  • They should have just done "Paragon/Valkyrie" so that people would know the two names were equivalent (but then people would wonder if it was both with a slash).

    The official name is just Valkyrie.
  • I am newly returned to Tera after about 5 years away, and while I am enjoying the new content and lack of Nexus as the only end game event I cant figure out why all the new classes race specific? All the Castanic females and their micro skirts
  • Don't get me wrong, I'm super excited about the class launch, I reserved my name the first day!
    Just curious as to their process of giving us a vote then demeaning the winning option!

    And yeah, race-specifics are getting to be a bit much. BUT I'm super excited it's not another Elin! Even more excited about it being a Castanic - they're definitely my favorite too lol.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now we can create our Valkyrie class with the rank of Paragon.
  • D4RDHPFA5G wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong, I'm super excited about the class launch, I reserved my name the first day!
    Just curious as to their process of giving us a vote then demeaning the winning option!
    Incidentally, it's fixed now. I think it was probably unintentional -- either they were trying to do some formatting thing or find/replace fail.
  • Yeah it was unintentional. Including "Paragon" was pretty much to avoid confusing people that didn't realize the class will now have a different name. We're really excited about the result of the vote, and Valkyrie is a pretty cool class name. The missed capitalization was honestly just a typo and nothing more.
  • D4RDHPFA5G wrote: »
    Valkyrie took 47%
    Actually, it was 42% for Valkyrie and 58% against.
    Spacecats wrote: »
    We're really excited about the result of the vote
    Excited about what exactly? The fact that the majority chose a different name?
    Aren't you going to close this thread too, now that you've cleared up the double name 'confusion'? Very disappointing indeed.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sunflare wrote: »
    D4RDHPFA5G wrote: »
    Valkyrie took 47%
    Actually, it was 42% for Valkyrie and 58% against.
    Spacecats wrote: »
    We're really excited about the result of the vote
    Excited about what exactly? The fact that the majority chose a different name?
    Aren't you going to close this thread too, now that you've cleared up the double name 'confusion'? Very disappointing indeed.

    42% is enough to rule a big country B)
  • Sunflare wrote: »
    D4RDHPFA5G wrote: »
    Valkyrie took 47%
    Actually, it was 42% for Valkyrie and 58% against.
    That's not how a first-past-the-post voting system works; more people voted for Valkyrie than any of the other choices. And even if you did up a second round with just the two top choices (so that a majority vote would be required to win), people would still be bitter that their picks (whatever they are) were eliminated in the earlier round. You can't exactly put it on perpetual stalemate either until a "choice the majority can all agree on" arises.

    I don't see the alternative that would have made everyone happy.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sunflare wrote: »
    D4RDHPFA5G wrote: »
    Valkyrie took 47%
    Actually, it was 42% for Valkyrie and 58% against.
    That's not how a first-past-the-post voting system works; more people voted for Valkyrie than any of the other choices. And even if you did up a second round with just the two top choices (so that a majority vote would be required to win), people would still be bitter that their picks (whatever they are) were eliminated in the earlier round. You can't exactly put it on perpetual stalemate either until a "choice the majority can all agree on" arises.

    I don't see the alternative that would have made everyone happy.

    elimination by round if we have one month, the last round will be the 2 final name
  • vkobe wrote: »
    Sunflare wrote: »
    D4RDHPFA5G wrote: »
    Valkyrie took 47%
    Actually, it was 42% for Valkyrie and 58% against.
    That's not how a first-past-the-post voting system works; more people voted for Valkyrie than any of the other choices. And even if you did up a second round with just the two top choices (so that a majority vote would be required to win), people would still be bitter that their picks (whatever they are) were eliminated in the earlier round. You can't exactly put it on perpetual stalemate either until a "choice the majority can all agree on" arises.

    I don't see the alternative that would have made everyone happy.

    elimination by round if we have one month, the last round will be the 2 final name

    But like I said, that still won't make everyone happy because people's choices will get rejected in earlier rounds and then they'll either not vote, or vote for a choice they didn't like out of spite (and be bitter about it still).
  • GinjitsuGinjitsu ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sunflare wrote: »
    D4RDHPFA5G wrote: »
    Valkyrie took 47%
    Actually, it was 42% for Valkyrie and 58% against.
    Spacecats wrote: »
    We're really excited about the result of the vote
    Excited about what exactly? The fact that the majority chose a different name?
    Aren't you going to close this thread too, now that you've cleared up the double name 'confusion'? Very disappointing indeed.

    @Sunflare
    Wrong...
    • 42% voted for Valkyrie.
    • 41% voted for Moon Dancer.
    • 6% voted for Glaive Dancer.
    • 5% voted for Sentinel.
    • 4% voted for Paragon.

    There was no option to vote against any of the names. In most cases, people liked several of the names and voted for the name they liked best.
This discussion has been closed.