Races And Classes Popularity/Populations

So, I know this has been asked in the past, multiple times lol, but I haven't been able to find anything recent, and for that I apologize to those probably getting annoyed with the question. But on best guesstimate in TERA,what is the listing of the races by popularity? As well as the classes? I know healers are always in short demand, but that's pretty much every MMORPG, but aside from that what are they? I have a few ideas of what I want at least one of my characters to be and do, but at the same time I don't want to do the same thing everybody is doing cause that's never any fun.

Comments

• ikiteforfreeikiteforfree ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I can give you the race information.
    1. Elin
    2. Elin
    3. Elin
    4. Popo
    4. Castanic
    5. Everything else
  • Elin is by far the most common race (sadly).
    As for class, maybe archer, sort and warrior cuz they're op dps. Healers are always on demand on leveling dungeons and sometimes in end game, along with tanks.

Just pick whatever suits you best, do pick based on other people. Who knows you might become one of the best of your class!
  • RotomuRotomu ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Also if you want to eventually become elitist (xP)

The best race for each class:

Lancer: Elin/High Elf M
    Zerker: Elin
    Gunner: Castanic F (for 1%crit passive)
    Warrior: [Edit] Elin
    Slayer: Castanic F
    Archer: Baraka or Popo (one has less knock back when casting thunderbolt, forgot which)
    Priest: Any
    Mystic: Any
    Sorc: Any (preferably castanic for crit passive).

The other classes are race locked so it wouldn't matter.
  • ikiteforfreeikiteforfree ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Warrior is elin btw. Castanic female warriors vortex is a hard animation lock.

Edit: also for Archer in this guide it shows animation times for each skill per race. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-QiiXdcwm696l3XdLvhv5CORvPfPetLWpV02Q7yxKII/edit?usp=sharing
    As well as here is one for Slayer(might be dated though but has information about race comparisons) https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CyJcWV31B_BmVieTRPlFoYvbJX2eWk2EaDilDXmMncg
  • ShikineShikine ✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer is elin too for faster animations, castanic female has the longest animations for which 1% doesnt even come close dps wise.
  • YuxibrYuxibr ✭✭✭
    Sorcerer Castanic Female has the best Nova animation. <3:3
  • Wasn't aware that there were differences in animation for sorc races. And yea forgot elin is best warrior, mb :v
  • PagesPages ✭✭✭✭
    Rotomu wrote: »
    Wasn't aware that there were differences in animation for sorc races. And yea forgot elin is best warrior, mb :v

It's been tested that on a pure race-only level Castanics will lose around 5-10% of the DPS that Elins can put out because of their animations iirc.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    cute elin ninja

cute elin ninja popo

cute elin ninja elin

other races are too ugly for my cute elin ninja to clone them B)
  • Dont care wich is bettter for MINIMUN differences, but i will not make an Elin :p
    Hate them
  • GrievuuzGrievuuz ✭✭✭
    Rotomu wrote: »
    Elin is by far the most common race (sadly).

Playerbase perpetuating the stereotype quite nicely ><
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Casta female warrior, is an artist, best animation on skills. Best Rain of blows. added: Slayer also sexy.

Anyway, Popo has the most detailed animation on any class, I considered them best designed race. ( Elin players gonna disagree lol)

Femani is also amazing on any thing.

Male Aman is a tough Slayer, looks steady, looks like he can handle the Greatsword pretty well, I love it. Aman Zerk is great also. Except Casta (F/M) and HE male, all zerks look good.

Lancer, Elin/Popo cute as hell. But if you want full potential, you need huge races, So Aman and Baraka.

Baraka Priest, if you don't have a Baraka Priest, you are not a true Tera player. Master Race, Master Class.

As long as HE male is skinny af I don't think ppl pick'em much But their leather armor looks good on them, So any leather wearing class you can try them. Sorc also looks good for them. Some bulky costumes also might help lol Ghey boys like'em tho B)

HE female, they need a better @ss : :p Zerk pretty cool b/c the animation of Flatten is gorgeous on them. Slayer, how they hold the sword and using Knockdown strike also cool. Any magic class, it is good, they have a special elegant which I like when it comes to magical classes. I like warrior tank too, it seems that they can take the hits, the way their animation and standing works, I like it.

Elins, many people wanna give a lotta logic, but the most reason they pick'em is Loli with short short very short too short skirts. Cute as heck, Elin Sorc amazing, Elin healer cause you hear Nya a lotta times lol, Elin Zerk, cool animation, Elin Slayer, not so appealing and not so different. Elin warrior, very cool, great in pvp. Lancer as said, little loli yelling at bosses cute, but if I wanna pick a tiny race, I pick Popori for sure.

Human female, so good, I like them a lot, Great Emote, running/walking animation, dance, very compatible with costumes, only class I don't recommend is Zerk, their zerk is doll compare to other classes.

lots of stuff remained, they were my feelings. I don't play HE male, Human male and Casta male at all. I have lots of friends picking HE male, so I could talk about them a bit lol

At the end, Popori is master race. If they could wear short short very short too short skirts too, we would have seen a lotta Popo around :3
  • Rotomu wrote: »
    Also if you want to eventually become elitist (xP)

The best race for each class:

Lancer: Elin/High Elf M
    Zerker: Elin
    Gunner: Castanic F (for 1%crit passive)
    Warrior: [Edit] Elin
    Slayer: Castanic F
    Archer: Baraka or Popo (one has less knock back when casting thunderbolt, forgot which)
    Priest: Any
    Mystic: Any
    Sorc: Any (preferably castanic for crit passive).

The other classes are race locked so it wouldn't matter.

I have tried almost all the races being mystic, and all of them cancel the motes while running, except elins, some animations seem slower also.
  • Dont care wich is bettter for MINIMUN differences, but i will not make an Elin :p
    Hate them

10% dmg isn't really a minimum difference. Thats greater than the difference between vm sets.
  • i just hope one day i can see Elin Brawler and Baraka Reaper :)