[PC] Maintenance is now complete!

Free EMP

Comments

• GinjitsuGinjitsu ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jerichow wrote: »
    Pamcake wrote: »
    LancerJiva wrote: »
    They should have given out free emp with elite along time ago.

This is why we can't have nice things. EME does something like this (effectively giving us free money in EMP) and someone just has to whine about it. I for one actually appreciate this, it's nice that they're giving people a currency they can use to buy what they want by simply having elite status.

It's not free money, we are paying for that.

You forgot that we pay actual money for elite. At least most of us who don't spend framing 24/7 to buy with gold.

No, that's exactly what I said, we are paying to get those 'free' EMP (which Jerichow referred to as free money).

You were already paying a certain amount of money per month for the existing elite status. EME adding EMP to it without changing the price IS giving it to you for free. You're still getting what you were paying for before, you're just getting the EMP added on for free on top of it.

That's not how it works...
  • KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator ✭✭✭✭✭

This is why we can't have nice things. EME does something like this (effectively giving us free money in EMP) and someone just has to whine about it. I for one actually appreciate this, it's nice that they're giving people a currency they can use to buy what they want by simply having elite status.

You forgot that we pay actual money for elite. At least most of us who don't spend framing 24/7 to buy with gold.

No, that's exactly what I said, we are paying to get those 'free' EMP (which Jerichow referred to as free money).

You were already paying a certain amount of money per month for the existing elite status. EME adding EMP to it without changing the price IS giving it to you for free. You're still getting what you were paying for before, you're just getting the EMP added on for free on top of it.

It doesn't matter what they add to it, we are paying for it, therefore it's not free.
  • yimeyime ✭✭

It doesn't matter what they add to it, we are paying for it, therefore it's not free.

if you pay for 5 chicken tenders and they give you 1 more chicken tender on the house, are you paying for the 6th chicken tender?
    no.

so if you're paying for elite and you get emp for free, you're not paying for it.
  • DarJir wrote: »
    15 emp a day, so 1 weapon smart box every 4 months. Uh... K

Appreciate the gesture but all I ever wanted was account wide pets and a 7 day temp skin/costume when they release something new so I can take it out for a spin to see if I wanna have it perm.

Love this game, but they seem so dead set on getting sub folks to pay regularly to their cash shop. And that doesn't feel nice at all. Either let me pay my sub and give the stuff (don't even care if you take it away when I unsub) then leave me alone, or take the random cash shop money. Both just isn't going to happen, which why they see these huge swings in sub numbers.

Smartest way to play now is to play the broker and buy everything with ingame currency, and I don't see how that's good for enmasse long term. People who don't want to do that just quit until the next patch, then the cycle repeats. Do it right the first time so people sub and let it chill, rather than scramble to change it bit by bit when subs tank.

The 7-day cosmetic idea is a good one, and I'll forward it on, but please keep in mind that when you say "all I ever wanted was..." the ending of that sentence is different for everyone with Elite status. You want pets, other people want mounts, are in it for the extra dungeon runs, no broker fee, extra XP, etc...

We like hearing new ideas for Elite because it keeps us thinking about ways to improve the system, but remember that just because we added a different benefit from your suggestion doesn't mean other ideas won't later be used. A lot of this stuff is not mutually exclusive.
  • yimeyime ✭✭
    i agree with the trial cosmetic items when new ones come out, but people should still be thankful that they're getting free emp just for logging in.
  • MinazukiMinazuki ✭✭✭
    Being greedy wont be happy
    yime wrote: »

if you pay for 5 chicken tenders and they give you 1 more chicken tender on the house, are you paying for the 6th chicken tender?
    no.

so if you're paying for elite and you get emp for free, you're not paying for it.

You're paying for chicken tenders. You don't get any if you don't pay. Therefore, not free.
  • yimeyime ✭✭
    you're paying for FIVE chicken tenders. and you get an EXTRA one for FREE.

if you need a different example, in pokemon, if you buy 10 or more pokeballs, you get a FREE premier ball.

if you're paying for elite and NO EMP, and you get FREE EMP, you're not paying for the FREE EMP
    No, you don't. You're getting one extra one by paying for 5. You are still paying for that 6th one, and the price is the 5 others.
  • Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you!
  • yimeyime ✭✭
    okay, let's say you have a job, and your boss decides to give you a bonus in your salary as a gift. you're saying you paid for that bonus by working there? that simply doesn't make any sense.

i don't usually break out this example, but i'll do it just for you

let's say you buy an elite 30 days voucher with in-game gold. you payed no real currency for that gold.

as a result of using the 30 days elite voucher, at the end of the month you have accumulated 450 emp. cool, right?

you payed for the elite 30 days voucher. as an added bonus, you also get 450 FREE EMP to spend. you didn't PAY for the EMP, you PAYED for the ELITE VOUCHER. you're not paying for the EMP. the price is not the elite voucher.
    yime wrote: »
    okay, let's say you have a job, and your boss decides to give you a bonus in your salary as a gift. you're saying you paid for that bonus by working there? that simply doesn't make any sense.

i don't usually break out this example, but i'll do it just for you

let's say you buy an elite 30 days voucher with in-game gold. you payed no real currency for that gold.

as a result of using the 30 days elite voucher, at the end of the month you have accumulated 450 emp. cool, right?

you payed for the elite 30 days voucher. as an added bonus, you also get 450 FREE EMP to spend. you didn't PAY for the EMP, you PAYED for the ELITE VOUCHER. you're not paying for the EMP. the price is not the elite voucher.

While you didn't pay for that voucher, someone did. It didn't appear on the broker by magic. And yes, since you wouldn't have gotten those EMP without the elite voucher, the voucher was the price to get those EMP.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    DarJir wrote: »
    15 emp a day, so 1 weapon smart box every 4 months. Uh... K

Dude, you getting free money from EME literally. Take it or leave it. There are many other things in the shop you could spent that monthly 420 EMP. You could also hoard it for when there is a really nice sale, for Black Friday, for the new upcoming Skeleton Dragons and maid outfits, the list goes on. I myself will save it. I very much appreciate this change.
  • yimeyime ✭✭
    people complaining about the free emp make no sense

"yeah sure but 15 emp isn't that great man. it's too late for this"

i'd personally rather have free emp and no emp so.....

you take what you can get i suppose
  • NPCPakNPCPak ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    skBK7u3.png

I know that I'd probably never see this elite monthly item again, but any variant, I would be grateful for. The EMP alone has made me decide that I do want to subscribe for an elite membership again. Thank you, En Masse.