Rally Loot scammers

As some of you may have experienced lately a lot of rigged loot in rally raids has been happening so the raid leader picks and gets the loot box guaranteed effectively steeling the loot you potentially may have gotten via Rngesus.

TERA_ScreenShot_20170323_214148.png

When you check the dice for the loot options and it doesn't look like this the raid is most likely rigged and i would advise to leave and join another raid if you don't want to be robbed of potential loot (key is the green randomly text), just wanted to spread the word so less people don't get scammed.

Comments

• TooooruTooooru
    edited March 2017
    Also telling the rest of the people who joined its rigged would be polite :P
  • Was just discussing this with some people and decided to post on here in hopes that someone who can do something about it will choose to. People are changing up loot options before recruiting people in rally raids in order to get the ambush box all to themselves. People do rally in hopes for a chance to even ROLL on a box; most people don't think to check loot rules after joining a raid.. especially when everything is so rushed since the bam spawns a freaking minute after announcement. They probably didn't even know this exploit was possible.

Bottom line it's just a really [filtered] thing to do. If you do this as a raid leader, you're an [filtered] and shame on you. If you're one of those who LFGs raids, just make sure to be careful.

• YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    The main issue is the limited time, a minute, to really prepare. This is probably why a lot of people don't check since they are rushed to get into a group quickly.
  • yimeyime ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    while i agree that you're a d-bag of you do that as a raid leader to ensure your chances at an ambush box, it still is a really smart way to make money. hate them or not.

besides, what's stopping you from making a rally raid?

also its kinda ur fault for not checking loot rolls before joining/doing rally
  • I do make my own raids. This isn't a thread about ME complaining that this happened to me. It sucks seeing those who don't know about it or aren't as familiar with the game to realize that the raid they joined was rigged. I am just asking if anything can be done or changed.
  • McOnosRepMcOnosRep ✭✭✭
    Thanks a lot for highlighting this problem streettacos. Also Yamazuki also made a VERY good point that because there is so little time to prepare this sort of thing is much harder to spot.

One thing I heard which is worrying is that at least two of the characters that have done this on my server were (alt) members of the same guild, so it is possible that a group of friends/guildies are abusing this systematically.

But many thanks for those who are trying to help spread awareness about this problem.

• McOnosRepMcOnosRep ✭✭✭
    Thanks a lot for highlighting this problem and a possible way to avoid being caught out by this Tooooru .

It is good to see that there are decent people around who are trying to help out others and help spread awareness about this problem.
  • Merged two identical threads.
  • PamcakePamcake ✭✭✭
    In TR our "fav" "holly" trinity guilds do the same thing. If you're in TR, don't trust either of those top guilds (can't name, because forum rules). Today I join raid, I didn't checked looting options and of course the leader scammed us all in the raid by changing looting.
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    any other top 5 placing raid does it too
    either give up box or dont get anything and waste your time

or, you know, make your own raid and invite all the ppl against "scammers"
  • This is why I bust out my pet while I tank the rally bam. :)
    I don't even bother checking the loot, cuz of time constraint. At least having the pet out is a good counter measure of you getting screwed over.
  • PamcakePamcake ✭✭✭
    I bet all servers have their pain in the lower body part guilds that are all about being terrible to not only others, but to their own guild members.
    Not gonna call names, but one of the top guilds in TR don't even help out their own guild folks, so that's what kind of people are in those guilds. All about themselves and their ego.
  • I'd suggest you guys start banding together, the second these people figure out you're onto the. They will do their utmost to protect their epeens. Good luck at rally.
  • Pamcake wrote: »
    I bet all servers have their pain in the lower body part guilds that are all about being terrible to not only others, but to their own guild members.
    Not gonna call names, but one of the top guilds in TR don't even help out their own guild folks, so that's what kind of people are in those guilds. All about themselves and their ego.

Since when was it mandatory to help people in your guild? You also realize the people in the top guilds on TR are the ones that work to help the game the most. For example, the people that help translate the Ktera patch notes are members in the guild that you're referring to and consistently work to help the tera community.
    YJGDCY4KHF wrote: »
    I'd suggest you guys start banding together, the second these people figure out you're onto the. They will do their utmost to protect their epeens. Good luck at rally.

I mean, it's just a free ambush box, not that big of a deal. You realize that when 4/5 of the rally raids on TR have loot changed, it doesn't really make a difference. You're not gonna have time to find and fill a raid with other people when most of the raids have changed loot. And if you do, you'll usually waste enough time that other preformed raids will rank higher.
  • Pamcake wrote: »
    In TR our "fav" "holly" trinity guilds do the same thing. If you're in TR, don't trust either of those top guilds (can't name, because forum rules). Today I join raid, I didn't checked looting options and of course the leader scammed us all in the raid by changing looting.

Someone from your guild is also known to change rally loot. You can stop hating on these "trinity" guilds, when plenty of other people do the same.