[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Cooler Master Case Fans

Cooler Master case fans come in 3 models:
-Balance: half and half.
-Air Flow: less pressure, more volume.
-Air Pressure: more pressure, less volume.

While I understand what each model actually does, I don't know what scenario is best for each.

Comments

• ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    I myself use a Cooler Master full tower with Air Flow, because this way it allows me to create a positive air flow that will keep the most important parts of the computer cool and almost free of dust. Only downside of this is that i cannot have it facing a wall, cause then the hot air wont have nowhere where to escape and will only create a very hot area at the back of the Tower.
  • Why would anyone use air pressure?
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because is cheaper than Liquid Cooling, and it works.
  • Ok...

I guess I want to know why there are 3 different models if it doesn't matter what you use.
  • You need to keep in mind that you can silence normal fans with 7 volt cable adapters. My 200mm megaflows are actualy quiet with them spinning at 500rpm providing decent airflow (and led light) in case.