[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Help with gold...?

As a player who spends A TON of Vanguard Credits and Gold for new level 65's, is there anyway to earn more than you spent? (I'm flat broke with only around 2k). Also, I am a Priest and stuck with my slaughter gear (iLevel 411). Is there an easier way to achieve my guile gear other than dungeon-ing for days?

I was told to do etchings and sell scarabs, but that doesn't work for me. My etchings are only T1 and I don't have any good luck so it is hard for me to find scarabs, even with max gathering and high tier plants/ores/essences. People also told me to do armorcrafting. I DO have some dreadnaught and slaughter armor recipe (?) but I don't have the "mastery" to acquire it.

So the whole thing in short:
How do I earn gold quick with an iLevel of 411? Does etchings, scarabs, gathering materials and armor sell well? How do I get my guile gear quickly?

Comments

• allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    only thing I can tell you is make some alts and level them up and run island of dawn dailies and as many dailies you can then save up the tokens, and use the credits to buy whatever people are needing the most. even using only 3 characters, you can make decent gold. you wont make 100k everyday, but maybe a few thousand a day. you basically have to treat it as you would a normal job, putting in 8 or more hours a day for serious gold unless you play the trade broker or sell emp.
  • SupaPrinceSupaPrince ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    That's the problem you're spending too much gold.
    You can't do etching because that's expensive.
    Can't play the broker you don't have enough money.

What I would recommend:
    First option: Is to make a dps or Mystic or tank and do I.O.D to your nose bleeds. Because Priest aren't good at killing the BAMs efficiently.
    Second option: You can make gold selling tier 3 feedstock.
    Third option: If you have some extra cash siting around, sell emp. 10$, 20$ how ever much you want. Very quick and simple.
    Fourth option: Events, events, events!
    Fifth option: Battlegrounds! Yes, you can make gold pvping. Do Kuma's or which ever bg you want. Save up and sell Bonanza box. You can also sell Conflate gear or Blubred jewelry.

There's a sixth option I can pm you, If you want.

Enmasse nerfed other ways to make gold, you didn't have to run dungeons all day long. But that was a long time ago... :(

EDIT: Forgot to answer Guile gear. If you want to get Guile equipment without doing dungeons, you can do the arena and buy the gear with tokens. The more alts the better.
  • KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator ✭✭✭✭✭
    The question is, why do you spend that much? New level 65's get a lot of free stuff, including a whole set of niveots suitable for their class and a few emeralds, so that shouldn't be that much of a gold sink to gear them. Remember that the Arena and CW get you jewellery, too.

For Guile: do IoD Bams, use the tokens to get the gear (you also get tier 10 feedstock from those IoD vanguards). Or if you prefer getting gold, use the tokens to get Goddess' Tears and sell those.
  • StevenAnthonyStevenAnthony ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Necrai wrote: »
    As a player who spends A TON of Vanguard Credits and Gold for new level 65's, is there anyway to earn more than you spent? (I'm flat broke with only around 2k). Also, I am a Priest and stuck with my slaughter gear (iLevel 411). Is there an easier way to achieve my guile gear other than dungeon-ing for days?

I was told to do etchings and sell scarabs, but that doesn't work for me. My etchings are only T1 and I don't have any good luck so it is hard for me to find scarabs, even with max gathering and high tier plants/ores/essences. People also told me to do armorcrafting. I DO have some dreadnaught and slaughter armor recipe (?) but I don't have the "mastery" to acquire it.

So the whole thing in short:
    How do I earn gold quick with an iLevel of 411? Does etchings, scarabs, gathering materials and armor sell well? How do I get my guile gear quickly?

many wasy
    but i curius about how much gold spend and, why?
    you are priest, if you want guile gear you can be obtain from many sources ( priest dont need the better weapon ),
    etching is realy hard to main, for the tons of mats you need for be a aviable master craft ( weapon/armor are very spensive get to master)

the better way you farm gold with priest is run dungeons, or lear how do bg and sell credits
  • xvctxvct ✭✭✭
    don't use your priest as a way of making gold
    you need to make dps alts
    if you go the iod farming route to sell goddess tears and eau, roll brawler or the current fotm (archer). invest resources to get them in +12 guile weapon and one more guile piece, like a belt. the rest of your equipment can be slaughter. do your best to hit the ilvl for high-tier IOD BAMs and put on your waders it's rice picking time

you said you made a ton of 65's? are you just keeping them on a shelf in idoneal? if you have multiple alts in idoneal and a main priest in slaughter and hardly any resources saved up.. ok time to designate one of your dps as your new main. but if you want to continue maining priest.. then yes. yes, you have to stick with dungeons. you can't solo farm anything. however, smooth and continuous dungeon'ing requires an active guild or some pve friends to make sure you keep doing dungeons instead of waiting in queue all day, and ensure you're not spending 30+ minutes each run.

i'd stay away from crafting in your current situation. so sell any crafting materials you can on the tb (scarabs, god tears, idyll leaves, etc)

if you truly like to heal in pvp, go the battleground credit route. note you have a 200k credit cap per week. also note how long it's taking you to queue. manage your time:profit ratio

and regardless of what someone else has said....you do need the guile weapon. priests need the better healing bonus that comes with better staves, if they want to heal dungeons. just do a week of SSNM and LKNM to get your priest in guile
  • you basically have to treat it as you would a normal job, putting in 8 or more hours a day for serious gold unless you play the trade broker or sell emp.

I will try, but it would be hard balancing school and "work" XD
    SupaPrince wrote: »
    Second option: You can make gold selling tier 3 feedstock.

Why T3? I have a tons of T9 feedstock sitting around...
    The question is, why do you spend that much? New level 65's get a lot of free stuff, including a whole set of niveots suitable for their class and a few emeralds, so that shouldn't be that much of a gold sink to gear them. Remember that the Arena and CW get you jewellery, too.

For Guile: do IoD Bams, use the tokens to get the gear (you also get tier 10 feedstock from those IoD vanguards). Or if you prefer getting gold, use the tokens to get Goddess' Tears and sell those.

I just like to help players xD And I just like to help them to get their slaughter quickly. I am not sure what are Goddess' Tears though.
    many wasy
    but i curius about how much gold spend and, why?
    you are priest, if you want guile gear you can be obtain from many sources ( priest dont need the better weapon ),
    etching is realy hard to main, for the tons of mats you need for be a aviable master craft ( weapon/armor are very spensive get to master)

the better way you farm gold with priest is run dungeons, or lear how do bg and sell credits

I am talking about the temporary etchings. So yeah. I get the scarabs from guild gather quests.
    xvct wrote: »
    don't use your priest as a way of making gold
    you need to make dps alts
    if you go the iod farming route to sell goddess tears and eau, roll brawler or the current fotm (archer). invest resources to get them in +12 guile weapon and one more guile piece, like a belt. the rest of your equipment can be slaughter. do your best to hit the ilvl for high-tier IOD BAMs and put on your waders it's rice picking time

you said you made a ton of 65's? are you just keeping them on a shelf in idoneal? if you have multiple alts in idoneal and a main priest in slaughter and hardly any resources saved up.. ok time to designate one of your dps as your new main. but if you want to continue maining priest.. then yes. yes, you have to stick with dungeons. you can't solo farm anything. however, smooth and continuous dungeon'ing requires an active guild or some pve friends to make sure you keep doing dungeons instead of waiting in queue all day, and ensure you're not spending 30+ minutes each run.

i'd stay away from crafting in your current situation. so sell any crafting materials you can on the tb (scarabs, god tears, idyll leaves, etc)

if you truly like to heal in pvp, go the battleground credit route. note you have a 200k credit cap per week. also note how long it's taking you to queue. manage your time:profit ratio

and regardless of what someone else has said....you do need the guile weapon. priests need the better healing bonus that comes with better staves, if they want to heal dungeons. just do a week of SSNM and LKNM to get your priest in guile

I am trying to make a ninja and archer alt. I can't play tank as good as healer or dps. I have a reaper which is still on dreadnaught gear. I gave up on the dungeons and got my final guile piece. The only missing components are the alkahest now and as for the feedstock, I saved up T9 to convert and a few thousand T10. About 9000 of them.
  • KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right-click the inter- and supercede tokens, go into the general goods tab. Goddess's tears are in there, they're materials for the Quatrefoil Brooch (you need 300 of them for one brooch, so they sell well).

It's very commendable that you help new 65's (I do, too), but you really should only do so if you can afford it if you don't want to go bankrupt.
  • yimeyime ✭✭
    don't spend what you don't need to.

do your highwatch starting quests for level 65 all the way through. you'll get a considerable amount of personal rare and extensive alkahest, all of which are bank-able. you also get a large amount of feedstock. there should be no reason that you should spend gold on resources for enchanting unless you're going for guile.

i recommend gearing all of your alts in at least slaughter.

don't spend your gold if you don't need to. just do your tier 2's and 1 iod bams and then use your two other vg's for whatever else. you'll get 1.1k and a considerable amount of vanguard creds. either save them up or buy masterwork boxes and open/sell them.

it won't take long for your gold to stack if you're frugal about your money. only worry about guile once you have enough gold to splurge, or else you'll always be poor.
  • SupaPrinceSupaPrince ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    "Why T3? I have a tons of T9 feedstock sitting around..."

Well they are easy to get and sell. People are always making new characters. That was more of a leveling option..
    Just sell everything you're not really using. That's money you could be making.
  • SupaPrince wrote: »
    Well they are easy to get and sell. People are always making new characters. That was more of a leveling option..
    Just sell everything you're not really using. That's money you could be making.

I might try both to experiment which sells better I guess? Since I don't really do Manaya's Core, Balder's Temple and such xD
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    My own honest opinion on how to properly sustain yourself (which doesn't rely solely on creating alts).

1) Abuse the heck out of PvP credits: Learn how to PvP, a good PvP priest does very well in PvE too, killing two birds with one stone. This may take long, but during battleground hours you can get into weekly cap fast if you are good at your job. (Minimum Prerequistic: 4x Indomitable zyrks, PvP cruxes). PvP credits is the fastest way to make money if you can consistently win in power hours because most people ignore this source of income.

2) Sell off mats you don't need. It is not much but they are solid gold. This includes the boxes you get from clearing LKNM. You shouldn't be dying in LKNM even if you are in slaughter.

3) Stop trying to fund newer 65s. They have really way too many ways to get to Slaughter +12, and anyone who knows how to ask questions on how to gear up will get the simplest answer of +12ing Slaughter in a day with just their opening gold. Hint: Reset scroll and gear enchant

I am personally not telling you to switch mains, because it is possible to earn lots being a priest main alone. And IoD while a good source of income is interestingly still not the most efficient way if you don't have mid-tier gear or good ping to abuse back damage. However, make full use of your alts: Even if they are in outdated gear CW/DFNM still pops pretty often and that is really free gold right there. Your healer will still have a decent queue time compared to a DPS, which is good if you don't LFG.

4) During 2x drop rate spam level 60+ dungeons, they drop an absurd amount of gold lol and you don't need an extremely geared dps to solo them.

How to be frugal:

Avoid using mats if you don't have to: Gear Enchant for +1-+9 (unless it is VM), jewellery and belts are both farmable, so don't waste semis.

Gear up before even thinking about getting costumes: I have seen one too many people with costumes but trash rolls on the gear.

Think about maximising your time earning whenever you don't have much to play. If you think a dungeon queue takes too long and you can't finish your badges, rush ace dungeons/Celestial arena instead. Getting 180g for clearing that weaker vanguard is better than 0g for clearing nothing. If you can clear IoD while queuing for dungeons as a dps, go for it. If you are LFGing and waiting for a tank to come, gather mats. It is all about maximising your time spent on the game