[PS4/XB1] Maintenance has completed! Thank you for your patience!

Valkyrie Release Date

13»

Comments

  • VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭
    I like the localized skill names for some of them...Class named Valkyrie...using Ragnarok....Titansbane....Balder's tears....they all seem like nice words to say...almost fitting
  • edited March 2017
    Muggsly wrote: »
    Yep he definitely said not on the 4th which mostly likely means the 11th unless there is some precedent for a non Tuesday release.
    They have released major builds like this on Thursday before, so that is another possibility. They don't prefer to do it, but perhaps BHS does not want all the global markets to deploy the new build on the very same day.
    Zestroia wrote: »
    4th of April 2017, don't mislead people [...]
    Both EME and Gameforge clearly stated at the start of both their reservation campaigns that the day was not final and could slip, and the reason why the date had to be the soonest possible release date. It doesn't mean it would slip until May/June/whatever, but it might not be the 4th. If that happens, it won't be because they didn't tell us so.
  • Muggsly wrote: »
    Yep he definitely said not on the 4th which mostly likely means the 11th unless there is some precedent for a non Tuesday release.
    They have released major builds like this on Thursday before, so that is another possibility. They don't prefer to do it, but perhaps BHS does not want all the global markets to deploy the new build on the very same day.
    Zestroia wrote: »
    4th of April 2017, don't mislead people [...]
    Both EME and Gameforge clearly stated at the start of both their reservation campaigns that the day was not final and could slip, and the reason why the date had to be the soonest possible release date. It doesn't mean it would slip until May/June/whatever, but it might not be the 4th. If that happens, it won't be because they didn't tell us so.


    ^If that is true, then they wouldn't have put a date at all, and more importantly, they wouldn't have it as "official date" on their sites, instead they could - and to be honest SHOULD - keep it completely obscured and not giving reservation name events hyping people about and whatnot. If there wasn't anything that points to that date 4th of April 2017, then I would've agree with you and with anyone that says it won't come out that day or it may slip for another day, but since both their sites and the game itself says 4th of April 2017, it is definitely that date.
  • edited March 2017
    Zestroia wrote: »
    Muggsly wrote: »
    Yep he definitely said not on the 4th which mostly likely means the 11th unless there is some precedent for a non Tuesday release.
    They have released major builds like this on Thursday before, so that is another possibility. They don't prefer to do it, but perhaps BHS does not want all the global markets to deploy the new build on the very same day.
    Zestroia wrote: »
    4th of April 2017, don't mislead people [...]
    Both EME and Gameforge clearly stated at the start of both their reservation campaigns that the day was not final and could slip, and the reason why the date had to be the soonest possible release date. It doesn't mean it would slip until May/June/whatever, but it might not be the 4th. If that happens, it won't be because they didn't tell us so.


    ^If that is true, then they wouldn't have put a date at all, and more importantly, they wouldn't have it as "official date" on their sites, instead they could - and to be honest SHOULD - keep it completely obscured and not giving reservation name events hyping people about and whatnot. If there wasn't anything that points to that date 4th of April 2017, then I would've agree with you and with anyone that says it won't come out that day or it may slip for another day, but since both their sites and the game itself says 4th of April 2017, it is definitely that date.

    They made it clear that the 4th is not the official launch date of the class. For example, consider the MMORPG news post:
    The Paragon class will be coming in sometime after the conclusion of the naming event.
    (This was before the renaming to Valkyrie, which they also reported separately.)

    There is also the post by Noesis (TERA product manager/producer):
    4/4 is not a confirmed date for the new class launch, sorry to disappoint.

    The EU news post announcing the name reservation campaign said:
    Note: If Patch 54 is postponed a few days, you will be able to use the reserved name on 4th April to create a character for an existing class. However, you will not receive any rewards in this case.
    This agrees with what Noesis clarified on the forum.

    And the NA news post announcing the same also precised:
    The name reservation event officially begins on Tuesday, February 28, and lasts until Tuesday April 4.
    The name reservation event lasts until that day, but they did not say the class would release on that day. In fact, they have not yet released any press release, news report, or anything else that announced the date of the class release. They haven't released any promotional material for the new class on their site yet either, and it's getting pretty late if it were to hit on the 4th.

    Basically the only thing that has ever implied that the class may release on the 4th is the in-game button. But both EU and NA already clarified what will happen if the class doesn't actually release on that date (you'll be able to create a character with that name, but not the new class if it isn't released yet).

    It may well be that it does make it on the 4th, and if it does, great. But they've basically taken every step possible to prepare us for the fact it might be late, and to be able to say "I told you so" when it happens.

    (Your point that they shouldn't have done a name reservation event if they weren't sure is well-taken, but that seems to be what they've done... At this point they have no benefit to delay announcing it if the 4th really is the date.)
  • Zestroia wrote: »
    Muggsly wrote: »
    Yep he definitely said not on the 4th which mostly likely means the 11th unless there is some precedent for a non Tuesday release.
    They have released major builds like this on Thursday before, so that is another possibility. They don't prefer to do it, but perhaps BHS does not want all the global markets to deploy the new build on the very same day.
    Zestroia wrote: »
    4th of April 2017, don't mislead people [...]
    Both EME and Gameforge clearly stated at the start of both their reservation campaigns that the day was not final and could slip, and the reason why the date had to be the soonest possible release date. It doesn't mean it would slip until May/June/whatever, but it might not be the 4th. If that happens, it won't be because they didn't tell us so.


    ^If that is true, then they wouldn't have put a date at all, and more importantly, they wouldn't have it as "official date" on their sites, instead they could - and to be honest SHOULD - keep it completely obscured and not giving reservation name events hyping people about and whatnot. If there wasn't anything that points to that date 4th of April 2017, then I would've agree with you and with anyone that says it won't come out that day or it may slip for another day, but since both their sites and the game itself says 4th of April 2017, it is definitely that date.

    They made it clear that the 4th is not the official launch date of the class. For example, consider the MMORPG news post:
    The Paragon class will be coming in sometime after the conclusion of the naming event.
    (This was before the renaming to Valkyrie, which they also reported separately.)

    There is also the post by Noesis (TERA product manager/producer):
    4/4 is not a confirmed date for the new class launch, sorry to disappoint.

    The EU news post announcing the name reservation campaign said:
    Note: If Patch 54 is postponed a few days, you will be able to use the reserved name on 4th April to create a character for an existing class. However, you will not receive any rewards in this case.
    This agrees with what Noesis clarified on the forum.

    And the NA news post announcing the same also precised:
    The name reservation event officially begins on Tuesday, February 28, and lasts until Tuesday April 4.
    The name reservation event lasts until that day, but they did not say the class would release on that day. In fact, they have not yet released any press release, news report, or anything else that announced the date of the class release. They haven't released any promotional material for the new class on their site yet either, and it's getting pretty late if it were to hit on the 4th.

    Basically the only thing that has ever implied that the class may release on the 4th is the in-game button. But both EU and NA already clarified what will happen if the class doesn't actually release on that date (you'll be able to create a character with that name, but not the new class if it isn't released yet).

    It may well be that it does make it on the 4th, and if it does, great. But they've basically taken every step possible to prepare us for the fact it might be late, and to be able to say "I told you so" when it happens.

    (Your point that they shouldn't have done a name reservation event if they weren't sure is well-taken, but that seems to be what they've done... At this point they have no benefit to delay announcing it if the 4th really is the date.)

    ^Thank you for explaining this, clearly the devs like to troll us hard and then keep their hands "clean". I guess we'll have to wait and see when it will be available, hopefully not in May or later, they really should stop showing and promising things one day and the next day change literally everything and trying to obscure by correcting the mess they did to the community.
Sign In or Register to comment.