[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

When will TERA be optimized?

Comments

• You're all whining about the optimization issues............but I bet you suckers are the same ones with 10+ elins and a wardrobe vault full of cosmetics. Congrats you screwed yourselves and have no reason to complain. Stop buying the cosmetics and you'll force them into sorting the issue once their money begins to dry up.
  • msoltysplmsoltyspl ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    the korean's dont think the game needs to be optimized because their client is infinitely more optimized than our's already.

Their client is the same precise [filtered] we have.
  • edited March 2017
    msoltyspl wrote: »
    the korean's dont think the game needs to be optimized because their client is infinitely more optimized than our's already.

I don't know, for an example you can see fps in this video and it's quite higher then we get here at West.

• EndumenEndumen ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    play with 10 fps like me and u will stop complaining about ur 30-45 fps B)

Pffft, 10 fps is silky smooth, try playing at less than 5 fps during boss battles. That gloroius 0 fps is basically an old friend of mine at this point.

And yes, I HAVE optimized the game, duh. AND I have had a bunch of tech-savy people who know their gaming pc's and all the surrounding tech, and they have done everything they can to update, install, optimize etc my pc. Nothing seems to help.

Seriously, this game would be so much more fun if it was decently optimzied. It is kind of hard to git gud and contribute in end-game dungeons when you get av average of ONE frame per THREE SECONDS (complete with no sound) in certain boss fights (Imperator comes to mind).
  • yimeyime ✭✭
    msoltyspl wrote: »

nah, their client is at least 100x better than our client. more optimized!
  • msoltyspl wrote: »

I don't know, for an example you can see fps in this video and it's quite higher then we get here at West.

I don't think the client is fundamentally difference in kTera.
    I play on an overclocked i7 5930 and I get good FPS.
    You are also looking at more up to date content created toward an end goal of console release.
    It is unlikely, but possible you are seeing some of the performance optimisations we may get in the future.

UNRELATED ISSUE: That DPS is insane... RIP Slayer
  • PixelatorPixelator ✭✭✭✭
    https://moongourd.com/encounter?area=970&boss=1000&log=58d602b524ddb
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pixelator wrote: »

Don't trow taunts to the Slayers haters.

Now they will come and say that a run 11 secs slower becuase a Slayer is a huge dps factor and that class should be deleted and never picked for the new players.
  • Pixelator wrote: »
    Slayer is running with slaying crux and every available food buff.
    Additionally, since he has "Descent of High Dragon" proc it's a good bet he has full behemoth gear and t4 etching.
    I don't know anything about his setup, he has a 72% crit rate (which is consistent with full crit jewellery) but might have gotten lucky and is using crit+power combo jewellery which would give just the DPS for a very lucky high crit run. Valkyrie Crits are consistent even if you go full power which everyone will be.

There is also something I call "fight momentum" which is sort of hard to explain, but whenever I am running with really strong DPS, my DPS is increased as well... significantly, sometimes more then 2:1. I think the reason is because it increases the period in which the boss is enraged and also forces it to performs mechanics which leave it stationary so you can go ham. I see it all the time, but I don't fully understand the technical reasons for it. The slayer is flanked by a sorc doing more DPS then I have ever seen any sorc do and a lancer doing more DPS then I have ever seen any lancer do.

In any event, it's not a valid comparison.
  • You all discuss this under the premise that tera can be "optimized"

...and just to stop pointless answers, building a new client from scratch is not the same as "optimizing", that's my premise
  • Automated wrote: »
    You all discuss this under the premise that tera can be "optimized"

...and just to stop pointless answers, building a new client from scratch is not the same as "optimizing", that's my premise

no one knows, but it is a good bet that if it were a simple matter to optimise (I know, I will just remove these 10 lines of bloat code we have for no reason) they would have already done it. The conjecture is that they would pretty much have to recode it from scratch to fix the performance issues.

• voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    From this content patch, it's obvious that they're trying. RM and LK run spectacularly compared to the endgame dungeons that came before them. What worries me is how they'll be removing those dungeons in the future, and replacing them with poorly optimized content from the past like akeron's inferno and timescape.

That said, besides those two dungeons the rest is pretty bad, yeah. Every time there's a rally quest, I turn my settings down to preset 1 and I still get single digit fps once everyone shows up and starts fighting. I don't really know anyone who's seen harrowhold on a preset above 2. And just idling in velika is enough to make my pc heat up. God help me if I idle in highwatch.
  • KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nootiful wrote: »
    They spend more time making costumes than they do fixing bugs and optimizing the game. Theres bugs that have been around for years which have never been fixed. For a $1500 computer i do expect to hit more than 20 fps in towns... I'm not even on max settings and I've done the "optimization guide". To be honest, there shouldnt even have to be an optimization guide.

Spacecats has said that EME regularly says we want Optimization and new classes that are not gender locked. Our feedback doesnt get listened to.

You do realise the people working on costumes aren't the same who fix bugs and other game issues, right?
  • Nootiful wrote: »
    They spend more time making costumes than they do fixing bugs and optimizing the game. Theres bugs that have been around for years which have never been fixed. For a $1500 computer i do expect to hit more than 20 fps in towns... I'm not even on max settings and I've done the "optimization guide". To be honest, there shouldnt even have to be an optimization guide.

Spacecats has said that EME regularly says we want Optimization and new classes that are not gender locked. Our feedback doesnt get listened to.

You do realise the people working on costumes aren't the same who fix bugs and other game issues, right?

You do realise that by "They" he obviously meant the whole company, right?
  • KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nootiful wrote: »

You do realise that by "They" he obviously meant the whole company, right?

Really? Because he's talking about making costumes and fixing bugs in the same sentence, and one has nothing to do with the other. BHS could be making costumes all the time (and I do mean 24/7) and we'd still get bug fixes (the few that happen).