[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

VM8 vs VM9?

I have a full Ambush +15 weapon, would there be a difference large enough to spend million+ gold on trying to +15 VM9 weapon? Or will it be fine to just use Ambush and save gold for VM10? Has anyone got the charts comparing Ambush, Behemoth and VM9?

Comments

• PamcakePamcake ✭✭✭
    There's always a resound to spend millions of gold to make next hot gear and wonder where you send your time or money.
  • I don't have plans to replace my ambush. My guile yes. People this patch were doing just fine with imperator, same will apply next patch with ambush.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rotomu wrote: »
    I don't have plans to replace my ambush. My guile yes. People this patch were doing just fine with imperator, same will apply next patch with ambush.

yeah, some even did fine with SF =) , unless you have 1 or 2 chars. so you can get the new set if you like. +15 usually works around 1 year
  • MuggslyMuggsly ✭✭✭
    That choice is really up to you and I imagine that most people in 8/8.5 will be going to 9 and 9.5 because that's what keeps people playing. It's up to you to decide if it's worth it and the way it works is you say well I will just get the vm9 weapon and oh that's done so let me work on the gloves ok now that is done let me ... etc. My goal is my main in VM9 with my alts with vm9 weapon. If history is a good marker we have a good 6months of VM9 and if we don't upgrade there really is no carrot to chase to keep us playing. And I can only do so many vans with no reward to reach for before boredom just sucks the life out of me.
  • StevenAnthonyStevenAnthony ✭✭✭✭
    Evergarden wrote: »
    I have a full Ambush +15 weapon, would there be a difference large enough to spend million+ gold on trying to +15 VM9 weapon? Or will it be fine to just use Ambush and save gold for VM10? Has anyone got the charts comparing Ambush, Behemoth and VM9?

now in this pacht, starfall +15 is only a bit more weak vs guille +12, and this was release since december 2015.

But is up to you only upgrade to 8.5, with buffs.
  • I will throw in the math later but the difference between vm8 and vm9 is looking to be huge. Typically each VM set has been a jump of about 3% in modifiers. But vm8 to vm9 is a jump of almost 7%, to give you an idea that's like going from Starfall to ambush. It's been a while since I looked at the numbers but I'll do the math and see how it turns out.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ambush will receive a buff after VM9 is avaliable.
  • GrievuuzGrievuuz ✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »

This. It gets a 3.5% buff ;o
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grievuuz wrote: »
    ElinUsagi wrote: »

This. It gets a 3.5% buff ;o

The same happened with Imperator when Guile and Ambush arrived to the game.

I think Ambush will be more than enought for anyone who wants to do all content in next patch, I even wonder if I need to change the Imperator on my toons becuase of the 5th lines and the blacksmith mercy.

Looking at the overall stats VM7 gives you I think I will stick on it for dungeons, I will made a mid tier 11 gear for Solo content and dualize it with a PvP settings. That way I will cover more of the things I can do in game for the next patch.

If mats for Ambush become less grindy next patch maybe I will get full set for all my toons but I won't have as much time like before to spend on gaming.
  • If the designs are going to be the same case as the ones this patch (before Broken Prison), I can imagine that VM8(.5) will at least last you half the lifetime of next patch because, well.. weapon designs are going to go for 500K apiece again. That alone makes VM8(.5) still worth it to craft if you want to enjoy next patch's content. The same will be the case for VM9.

Plus, VM10 isn't even literally here yet; and if you keep thinking about the next VM you're never going to enjoy the game as you play it in the "now".
  • StevenAnthonyStevenAnthony ✭✭✭✭
    Montblanck wrote: »
    If the designs are going to be the same case as the ones this patch (before Broken Prison), I can imagine that VM8(.5) will at least last you half the lifetime of next patch because, well.. weapon designs are going to go for 500K apiece again. That alone makes VM8(.5) still worth it to craft if you want to enjoy next patch's content. The same will be the case for VM9.

Plus, VM10 isn't even literally here yet; and if you keep thinking about the next VM you're never going to enjoy the game as you play it in the "now".

vergos tokens shop change after paragon release, soo after new pacht , you cant get 8.5 vm
  • Ya went through the math, same thing over again, basically the same difference in stats from 8 to 9 as it was for 7 to 8. Nothing new. Boring.