[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

What if IoD BAMs were more powerful and rare?

edited March 2017 in PvE Discussion
I read somewhere on forums someone had a great time fighting BAMs in an old version of the game. It took a long time and was dangerous.

So I'm farming IoD BAMs for dailies, as usual 10x each BAM.

Then I was wondering, what if BAMs were special and not a dime a dozen. What if they had 10 times more HP and, while not 10 times more damage, they had dangerous attacks we needed to evade to actually survive?

So instead of farming 10 everyday and feeling like each BAM is a common monster, we'd fight only one of each for dailies and the fight would be more long and exciting.

EDIT: instead of the IoD populated by several BAMs of each type, we could have them in less numbers (1 or 2) in a special area that could have minions and hazards. For example, Basiliks could be surrounded by smaller basilisk younglings (minions), the terrain could have spikes in some areas and stuff. All in all a sort of a mini quest instead of *yawn* kill the same BAM for the 10th time.
«1

Comments

  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Old BAM needed a party, some of them party of 5, some could be done with just a healer but was taking longer. So soloing was taking forever, so Bams get boring at some points. But new BAMS can be done solo anywhere and you can hunt them w/o waiting for party or a healer.

    I want some party BAMs, even world bosses can be soloed now mostly, would be nice to have powerful party bams like old world bosses which were dropping mats to enchant gears. I like to see this.

    About IOD, it sucks =) Old IOD was amazing, talking about Original IOD.
  • Soloable BAMs are ok, I just wish it could be more exciting and I didnt have to kill 10 for dailies (not time or effort but boring, Id rather kill 1 that took the same time, i.e. 10 times longer)

    WOW the game as you described was really awesome. Too bad I didnt get to experience it.

    We definitly need party only BAMs!

  • StevenAnthonyStevenAnthony ✭✭✭✭
    Merkraad wrote: »
    Soloable BAMs are ok, I just wish it could be more exciting and I didnt have to kill 10 for dailies (not time or effort but boring, Id rather kill 1 that took the same time, i.e. 10 times longer)

    WOW the game as you described was really awesome. Too bad I didnt get to experience it.

    We definitly need party only BAMs!

    is because you never soloed world boss when you are lowie ( example anansha lv 52, and you are lv 50 )
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fighting a single BAM for 20 minutes is less appealing than just killing them faster more than one time. BAMs were not hard to solo back then, the community simply didn't know how to play an action combat rpg.
  • Honestly I'd be happy if we just buffed the IoD BAMs a bit because they're really easy now.
  • I remember my first battle with a lv 20 basilisk near BoL entrance... He kick my [filtered] in 3 hits.
    Not all classes can kill a BAM for their own before. Warrior, Berserker and Lancer, but with a big time.

    Some of them was impossible, even with that classes, and you need at least a healer. I always hated osirisk and teraliths. Basilisk, Nagas and Kumas was more doable
  • msoltysplmsoltyspl ✭✭✭
    All of them were possible, but some fights could get really close - and required good tactics to survive.

    For once bams actually did damage compared to now, they behaved properly during enrage phases, there were more of those as well - and without insulting motes vomited all the time. Classes weren't buffed to [filtered] levels as they are now either.

    It was a far better game experience back then, as it felt like a game.
  • I'd like to see them reintroduce party bams. Keep the undercede/intercede bams soloable with mid tier gear. Buff the supercede bams so it requires at least 2/3 people to kill. Also change the daily requirement to like 3 bams. It's more enjoyable doing bams in parties and you get a better sense of accomplishment even if its a small daily quest.

  • Try being a new player to TERA and I can tell you for a fact IoD BAM's are not a walk up and they die.
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe try focusing on hm dungeons if the IOD BAMs are so easy for you. There is no way they would make the current BAMs harder without numerous complaints; so maybe, they could make a new island with the super toughest of all BAMs for you go-getters out there.
  • Based12Based12 ✭✭✭
    I returned to the game, i have only guile weapon +12 rest is slaughter +12, and iron giants take a while if they start spamming that stupid charge. In fact, the last time i played around when imperator was new and only few people had it, iron giants would melt. Now it seems they actually got stronger (i assume having old gear doesn't help ethier), specially nagas.

    And this would be a bad idea because you don't have 1 or 2 people hunting IoD bams, you have plenty, so in order to make vanguards you'd have to take turns to kill bams.
  • GWKPKKGCM9 wrote: »
    I'd like to see them reintroduce party bams. Keep the undercede/intercede bams soloable with mid tier gear. Buff the supercede bams so it requires at least 2/3 people to kill. Also change the daily requirement to like 3 bams. It's more enjoyable doing bams in parties and you get a better sense of accomplishment even if its a small daily quest.

    I would still solo these. Its about skill and knowing your character, not about dps or crits or any other thing. I agree with your daily requirement of 3 though. I would love to get my dailies done faster.
  • KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator ✭✭✭✭✭
    Based12 wrote: »
    I returned to the game, i have only guile weapon +12 rest is slaughter +12, and iron giants take a while if they start spamming that stupid charge. In fact, the last time i played around when imperator was new and only few people had it, iron giants would melt. Now it seems they actually got stronger (i assume having old gear doesn't help ethier), specially nagas.

    Tier 3 BAMs got buffed when Ambush came out.

  • Merkraad wrote: »
    I read somewhere on forums someone had a great time fighting BAMs in an old version of the game. It took a long time and was dangerous.

    Good for them. Their "great time" isn't anyone else's.
    So I'm farming IoD BAMs for dailies, as usual 10x each BAM.

    Then I was wondering, what if BAMs were special and not a dime a dozen. What if they had 10 times more HP and, while not 10 times more damage, they had dangerous attacks we needed to evade to actually survive?

    It would take longer, it would be more tedious than it already is, and less people would bother, because it wouldn't be any more fun as a result. People do these because it's something they can get done on their own (usually) and move on to something else, or something they do while waiting in a queue. And you're expecting Bluehole, the worst offender of recycling things I've seen, to give these creatures new attacks at this point? They can't even do that for their dungeons most of the time.
    So instead of farming 10 everyday and feeling like each BAM is a common monster, we'd fight only one of each for dailies and the fight would be more long and exciting.

    While making us only fight one monster versus ten would be a welcome improvement, depending on what these rarer monsters get in terms of attacks or just how long it takes to kill them means there's no guarantee that this would be a better method. And, bear in mind that these are meant to be done solo ; credit for killing the BAMs is not shared with everybody. If these new monsters are made so strong that being in a party is the only good way to kill them, it would invalidate the point of these dailies to begin with. And I don't expect Bluehole to be able to do this well. And, if the monsters are too rare or their respawn rate is much slower than the norm, it could end up being That Ain't Right all over again, even with the number of channels being higher and larger area.
    EDIT: instead of the IoD populated by several BAMs of each type, we could have them in less numbers (1 or 2) in a special area that could have minions and hazards. For example, Basiliks could be surrounded by smaller basilisk younglings (minions), the terrain could have spikes in some areas and stuff. All in all a sort of a mini quest instead of *yawn* kill the same BAM for the 10th time.

    No. Interesting on paper, but knowing Bluehole, they'd find a way to screw it up. And, this would potentially invalidate the point of these dailies to begin with, and that's before even considering the class of one's character. Certain classes have it hard enough with these types of dailies as it is, I don't think making it worse is worth the risk for some supposed excitement. Hard does not equal fun.

  • Dhrizzit wrote: »
    farm iod always was easy for me, from the first day of IOD, to this day.

    why do you want do more powerfull it? do you really want lose more time of your life farming there for the same rewards?

    x10+ hp

    whats your point? do you really play the game? seriusly, because if it takes you 20 minutes to end all iod, why do you want end it in 200 minutes?

    are you sure of what are you suggesting? do you really play the game? or are you quitting and giving this kind of suggestion? lol

    What I proposed was that instead of killing 10 BAMs for daily we killed 1; it would take around the same time.
Sign In or Register to comment.