[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Valkyrie Release

@Spacecats @Noesis @Halrath

Okay so, EUTERA has gotten it on the 4th, Russia is getting it on the 5th, Japan is getting it on the 12th, we're getting it on the 11th.

Can we get atleast some kind of explanation as to why the release isn't like the Russian counter part or EU?
Localization issues, still more bugs to work out? I seriously don't get why the release is set to next week, while the reservation event went on about 4/4 and still hasn't been changed. The name reservation event was to start 4/4 or something along those lines or it was final once we hit that date. :confused::unamused:

Comments

• StevenAnthonyStevenAnthony ✭✭✭✭

Okay so, EUTERA has gotten it on the 4th, Russia is getting it on the 5th, Japan is getting it on the 12th, we're getting it on the 11th.

Can we get atleast some kind of explanation as to why the release isn't like the Russian counter part or EU?
    Localization issues, still more bugs to work out? I seriously don't get why the release is set to next week, while the reservation event went on about 4/4 and still hasn't been changed. The name reservation event was to start 4/4 or something along those lines or it was final once we hit that date. :confused::unamused:

unistall pliss
  • ArcherOfEnvyArcherOfEnvy Netherlands ✭✭✭

unistall pliss

Ah yes, come to troll have you?
    Carry on. I'm actually seriously frustrated by this push back (if it's been delayed by a week that is or they receive their build from BHS next week)
  • JBGamingJBGaming ✭✭✭
    http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/it-s-time-to-reserve-your-valkyrie-name

Inconstencies!!!

And they can't even get their own facts straight!

Browser site says the eleventh posted by Halrath that you can use your name for the Valkyrie but no official announcement of it actually being released. Even this inconsistency matches with Spacecats statement on stream. 3-31. IN character screen selection shows: 5/25 for the ability to use the name reservation for your Valkyrie.

This team needs to get their crap in order and in sync including inner communication before making anymore announcements. All we have gotten for the past two months is just a bunch of nonsense and hearsay.
  • MophoMopho ✭✭✭
    How many times have they said that it wasn't coming out on the 4th and that the 4th was just for the name that you could reserve it for any character.
  • edited April 2017
    Inconstencies!!!
    It's just different dates for different things:

4 April: Name reservation deadline. Producer clarified from the start that Valkyrie class would be released no earlier than this date.
    11 April: Valkyrie class to be released
    25 May: The deadline to use reserved names before they re-release into the pool. (it shows "Reserved until..." in game)
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭

unistall pliss

Carry on. I'm actually seriously frustrated by this push back (if it's been delayed by a week that is or they receive their build from BHS next week)

Are you sure he is trolling and not your repetitive pointless thread that was made by now many times?
    LesbianVi wrote: »

unistall pliss

Are you sure he is trolling and not your repetitive pointless thread that was made by now many times?

Given his reply to this thread was a poor thought out reply of Uninstall please. Yeah, I think he is/was.
  • MinimanaMinimana ✭✭✭
    Mopho wrote: »
    How many times have they said that it wasn't coming out on the 4th and that the 4th was just for the name that you could reserve it for any character.

Ever played CS BG? half the player base cant understand simple english.
  • JBGamingJBGaming ✭✭✭

that wasn't said until 3-31 on Twitch Stream!
    It was not announced on the browser site. AND I have yet to actually see a forum post from any of the EmE staff stating this as well.

So without other information I would say only once. But even then that was a day before April fools.

The fact is with Them knowing that people were expecting the 4/4 release and that we could make our character on 4/4 when we made our name reservation....Oh yes I should have saved a picture of that screen when I made the reservation.

The fact is they have not kept us in the LOOP well enough. We've all been expecting the 4/4 release. And suddenly when we expect it. They then decide on maintenance to say....it's not coming till such and such date.

I know I am not the only one that has seen this. Miscommunication or misleading of information.

A lot of people in this forum act like it's no big deal, that it should just be swept under the rug. But I disagree. There are people putting money into this thing. THEY deserve full and honest communication and to not be lead astray by misleading information.

It was not announced on the browser site. AND I have yet to actually see a forum post from any of the EmE staff stating this as well.

So without other information I would say only once. But even then that was a day before April fools.

The fact is with Them knowing that people were expecting the 4/4 release and that we could make our character on 4/4 when we made our name reservation....Oh yes I should have saved a picture of that screen when I made the reservation.

The fact is they have not kept us in the LOOP well enough. We've all been expecting the 4/4 release. And suddenly when we expect it. They then decide on maintenance to say....it's not coming till such and such date.

I know I am not the only one that has seen this. Miscommunication or misleading of information.

A lot of people in this forum act like it's no big deal, that it should just be swept under the rug. But I disagree. There are people putting money into this thing. THEY deserve full and honest communication and to not be lead astray by misleading information.

Something @counterpoint said in another thread.
    Looking at the final schedule, my guess is that BHS wanted to stagger the patch rollouts in different markets (two this week, two next week). That way if anything goes wrong, the entire planet isn't melting down at once.

Piecing together comments by both the NA and EU producers, it sounds like BHS told all markets that the rollout would start on 4 April but they would be staggered, so this is why they all were very careful to say that 4 April was the "earliest possible date" but not the guaranteed launch date (both NA and EU said clearly it might be later). Looks like the final schedule was just resolved within the last short while. And as the producers already explained, they had to set the date for the reservation event to be no later than the earliest possible launch date.

• @Spacecats @Noesis @Halrath

unistall pliss

Why are you so frustrated over one week when they've been very clear in their communication over the past month that it isn't out this week? We got other patches one week ahead of EU so why is it a big deal when they get a patch one week ahead of us? There's probably a lot of issues with localization considering we literally had half a week of people complaining about "Paragon" before they decided to hold a vote on new class name. They needed to probably change all the files.
  • edited April 2017

For your information, here is the forum post on 1 March announcing that 4 April was not the class launch date:
    https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/comment/117659/#Comment_117659

None of the news posts ever stated that 4 April was the class launch date, just the name reservation deadline. The above-linked post clarifies the difference between the two and why they set the 4 April date for the reservation campaign.
  • KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator ✭✭✭✭✭

For your information, here is the forum post on 1 March announcing that 4 April was not the class launch date:

Was looking for that, thanks.
  • JBGamingJBGaming ✭✭✭

None of the news posts ever stated that 4 April was the class launch date, just the name reservation deadline. The above-linked post clarifies the difference between the two and why they set the 4 April date for the reservation campaign.

Well thank you for that. That gives me more of reason to rant. What he should have done was made an announcement post to fix this misunderstanding instead of just assuming that everyone would have seen this.

I mean. Really I don't read each and everythread made in this forum. I would actually never play the game if I did. The only threads I actually would pay any attention to would be those made by the Eme Staff in the News and announcement sections or even that on the patch notes or news page on the browser site.

I mean to have this one bit of information from only a few weeks ago would have been nice to have.

I think what they need to do is assign one of the player council people to be in charge of the news thread so that people are so confused and aggravated in the future.
  • https://gyazo.com/e22deb25a9227e1b9ceb2d02086b7c15

hmmmm i can't wait so i am getting the EU client till it hits NA in a week there is a way to feed the hunger in which you need! why not simply DL the EU client and play it till the 11-12th?