[PS4/XB1] Maintenance is now complete!
Watch the En Masse Entertainment stream right here at 2pm PDT!

CPU core 100%

PC Specs
i7 4790k @4.7 load temps 50-55C
asus z97 a/3.1usb mobo
gtx1070
16GB Corsair vengeance 1600mhz ddr3 ram
evga 750 bronze psu
250 samsung evo ssd
4tb sshd
2tb hdd
1tb hdd

After launching and playing Tera for about 30 minutes, my first core hits 100% (all cores are even around 15-25% when i first launch game. also this happens both if i use steam or the actual download launcher) Also, fps and all that are good until the 30 mins. Audio gets distorted and god awful stuttering occurs once the one core hits 95%. The rest of the cores are at 5-10% when this happens. This is the only game where this problem occurs. Did all the things in the old forums that suggested tweaks in the s1 engine place, didn't work out. The -USEALLAVAILABLECORES didn't help. And the unparking of the cores didn't work as everything was already unparked. Soooo does anyone know how I can get it to stop killing the one core that makes it unplayable?

Comments

  • GinjitsuGinjitsu ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unplug controller
  • Sounds like something you should submit a support ticket for. They can help you troubleshoot. Your system specs are very close to what I run at home, and my machine barely hiccups in crowded areas no matter how long I've been playing. Something weird is definitely going on.

    http://support.enmasse.com/tera/tickets/submit

  • Ginjitsu wrote: »
    Unplug controller

    O_O..... I will try this, if it works then I guess I just wont be able to use my controller anymore. Thanks for your response.
    Spacecats wrote: »
    Sounds like something you should submit a support ticket for. They can help you troubleshoot. Your system specs are very close to what I run at home, and my machine barely hiccups in crowded areas no matter how long I've been playing. Something weird is definitely going on.

    http://support.enmasse.com/tera/tickets/submit

    Just submitted one. Thanks for your response.
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    you can still play with your controller, you'll just have to unplug and replug it every once in a while
  • HyddeHydde ✭✭
    metagame wrote: »
    you can still play with your controller, you'll just have to unplug and replug it every once in a while
    This.
    Every session i unplug and plug it every 40 mins or so. It fixes it.

    Also i noticed that the more time u keep playing in the same session, the less u have to unplug and plug it.

    Weird bug but well..


  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hydde wrote: »
    metagame wrote: »
    you can still play with your controller, you'll just have to unplug and replug it every once in a while
    This.
    Every session i unplug and plug it every 40 mins or so. It fixes it.

    Also i noticed that the more time u keep playing in the same session, the less u have to unplug and plug it.

    Weird bug but well..


    Seems to be quite a temperamental case here, I've never ever in the 3 years I play the game, had these kinds of problems, and I always played on controller (Xbox 360 wireless controller). Always plugged, no need to disconnect it. BUT yes, I've seen lots of cases where it leads to a memory leak or such.


    By the way cores being overloaded is NORMAL. This game is heavily single threaded, and in my Core i5 3570k it caps 2 cores to maximum, rest are doing pretty much nothing. CPU usage all in all doesn't go above 60%. What does look weird, is that you have only one out of the 8 (counting HT) doing stuff, if it was 2 it would be normal.
  • Dhrizzit wrote: »
    LH766CL3DA wrote: »
    PC Specs
    i7 4790k @4.7 load temps 50-55C
    asus z97 a/3.1usb mobo
    gtx1070
    16GB Corsair vengeance 1600mhz ddr3 ram
    evga 750 bronze psu
    250 samsung evo ssd
    4tb sshd
    2tb hdd
    1tb hdd

    After launching and playing Tera for about 30 minutes, my first core hits 100% (all cores are even around 15-25% when i first launch game. also this happens both if i use steam or the actual download launcher) Also, fps and all that are good until the 30 mins. Audio gets distorted and god awful stuttering occurs once the one core hits 95%. The rest of the cores are at 5-10% when this happens. This is the only game where this problem occurs. Did all the things in the old forums that suggested tweaks in the s1 engine place, didn't work out. The -USEALLAVAILABLECORES didn't help. And the unparking of the cores didn't work as everything was already unparked. Soooo does anyone know how I can get it to stop killing the one core that makes it unplayable?

    post task manager, and it is on hyperthreading or not?

    HT is on. PC crashed when I was about to take an in-game screenshot. Shocking the unplugging of the controller worked because no core went over 50% and the overall load was around 45ish%. Used rivatuner/afterburner to monitor each core.
Sign In or Register to comment.