[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance for EU servers at 2:00 UTC. We will be entering into maintenance for NA servers at 1:00 AM PDT. We appreciate your understanding, and ask that you plan accordingly.

Name reservation was only for name and not character slot?

According to this article http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/it-s-time-to-reserve-your-valkyrie-name "As part of the event, you’ll receive a free character slot (if you’re not already at maximum). This will be awarded when the Valkyrie is released." but according to this article http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/new-class-the-valkyrie "For starters, we’re sending you a free character slot to get things going. After maintenance on April 11 until April 30, log in to the server you want to make a valkyrie on and check your item claim. There will be a character slot item there for you to use. Don’t worry if you’re max out; with this update we’re raising the maximum number of characters per server to 17.". Seems I was led to believe (from first article) that if I reserved a name I'd get a character slot for my efforts but that doesn't seem to be true according to the second article.

My questions are:

1) The name reservation was not for the extra character slot? I wouldn't have reserved one if it was only for the name.

2) Do I have to use the reserved name for my Valkyrie? Made a lame one just for the character slot the first article said I would get for the event.

3) Do reserved name Valkyrie get anything non-reserved name Valkyrie won't have? The second article mentions "If you advance your first valkyrie to level 2 by April 30, you’ll receive a Valkyrie Rewards Box with some very useful items" which does mention only reserved Valkyrie names.

Thanks to all answers / responses.

Comments

  • My understanding is that originally they thought they could provide the rewards via the name reservation campaign. But it turns out that doesn't work, so now they've changed it to be in-game events that grant you a character slot per account and then various reward box items just for reaching a level (via parcel post). So now the reservation campaign is just for the use of the name, and you can use it for your Valkyrie or for any other character you want (or just let it expire).
  • Yes, the name reservation event is just to set aside a character name for later use. You can use it on April 11 to make a Valkyrie.

    The Character Slot voucher will be delivered to your account via Item Claim after the Valkyrie goes live the morning of the 11th. Claim it on the server you want the extra character slot on to get a free one. If you're already at 16 characters on a server (the current max) don't worry, the April 11th update is also upping the maximum number of characters from 16 to 17 per server. Just log on to an existing character, claim the voucher, and unlock your 17th slot for your new character.
  • KillstyleKillstyle ✭✭✭
    @counterpoint I appreciate the info / response.

    @Spacecats Thanks for clearification. If you could close this thread I would appreciate it. The both of you answered my questions.
  • Spacecats wrote: »
    Yes, the name reservation event is just to set aside a character name for later use. You can use it on April 11 to make a Valkyrie.

    The Character Slot voucher will be delivered to your account via Item Claim after the Valkyrie goes live the morning of the 11th. Claim it on the server you want the extra character slot on to get a free one. If you're already at 16 characters on a server (the current max) don't worry, the April 11th update is also upping the maximum number of characters from 16 to 17 per server. Just log on to an existing character, claim the voucher, and unlock your 17th slot for your new character.

    Speaking of in the morning Spacecats, will the patch take place after regular maintenace? (7-9 am PDT)
  • Killstyle wrote: »
    If you could close this thread I would appreciate it.
    lol Seriously, dude? Why is there a need for the thread to be closed? You got 1-2 replies and the matter's closed for you? I actually found your questions quite reasonable, unlike the quoted request. Hope I manage to reply before someone's actually closed the thread. o_O
    Killstyle wrote: »
    1) The name reservation was not for the extra character slot?

    2) Do I have to use the reserved name for my Valkyrie?

    3) Do reserved name Valkyrie get anything non-reserved name Valkyrie won't have?
    1) Actually, it was meant for that. And it would have been that way if TERA EU hadn't changed the extra slot delivery system. So EnMasse have aslo changed the terms of the name reservation event with the difference that they didn't deem necessary to explain. They just wrote a new article with new conditions which basically rescinds the first one. Here's what the name reservation event would've been about in EU:
    You will be rewarded with items for reserving a name and creating a Valkyrie with this name during the event period. Among others, you will receive a coupon for an additional character slot (3-16) and will be able to change your appearance as many times as you like for 24 hours. You will also receive Fashion Coupons and glyph crates.
    This would've likely been the case here as well. EU players, however, called for a change as it made no sense asking people to delete characters first (if full), so that they could create Valkyries and after that receive char slots.

    2) You will get the extra slot upon logging in between 11th April (after the maintenance) and 30th April regardless of whether you create a Valkyrie or not.

    3) @Spacecats didn't address this question either, so here's my opinion based on the unclear and insufficient information from both news articles.
    Since they didn't announce extra rewards for participating in the name reservation event, there will be no advantage for using your reserved name. The only incentive will be you get to use the reserved name which will remain unavailable for other players until 11th May.
    In addition, the 'if you advance your first Valkyrie' part probably means you can get only one Valkyrie Rewards Box per account - for the first Valkyrie character you create, irrespective of name. Of course, there's a chance, however slim, that this could well mean 'if you advance your name reserved Valkyrie' which would make it compulsory for you to use your reserved name if you want to get the rewards boxes. This is something only @Spacecats can confirm or deny.
  • GinjitsuGinjitsu ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dhrizzit wrote: »
    Spacecats wrote: »
    Yes, the name reservation event is just to set aside a character name for later use. You can use it on April 11 to make a Valkyrie.

    The Character Slot voucher will be delivered to your account via Item Claim after the Valkyrie goes live the morning of the 11th. Claim it on the server you want the extra character slot on to get a free one. If you're already at 16 characters on a server (the current max) don't worry, the April 11th update is also upping the maximum number of characters from 16 to 17 per server. Just log on to an existing character, claim the voucher, and unlock your 17th slot for your new character.

    can we change the name reservation?

    Yes
Sign In or Register to comment.