[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 11/18 at 6pm PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Directional backstep for priest/lancer/sorc

In KTERA the following changes came along with Lunar Dancer in 22/dec patch:

The follow skills will change to be directional via input rather than the direction the camera is facing:

Priest: Backstep, Fiery Escape
Lancer: Backstep
Sorcerer: Backstep, Glacial Retreat

However, these changes are not listed in the latest EU patch notes (which introduces the lunar/valkyrie)

Does anyone know if these changes are effective in EU and were just not listed in the patch notes somehow? If not, does anyone know if they'll be brought to the west someday? (Soon™, probably)

Comments

• AimoveraAimovera ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Yes! These changes also went through on the EU servers :)
    I actually just went on the EU servers to test it, and for all 3 classes they can now dodge in the direction input by the player.

These changes will most likely get applied to NA too when the Valkyrie comes ^_^
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love those changes also.
  • I like the change but I have become so accustomed to the way it is now that this will be an adjustment for sure.
  • StevenAnthonyStevenAnthony ✭✭✭✭
    is a pain backstep/ice retreat without move camera direction in somes mecanics
  • I like the change but I have become so accustomed to the way it is now that this will be an adjustment for sure.

It's really not. I found it to be a very natural transition on my priest. You'll love it.
  • YuxibrYuxibr ✭✭✭
    I tested it and I really like it. Ty BHS. :3
  • Thanks for the confirmations!
  • OMG Finally! Really good news.
  • Finally! !!
  • Will the name be changed? Because backstep is no longer fixed to backstepping, so..
    Will they call it 'evasive' step? Or 'don't hit me plox' step?
    :pleased:
  • Will the name be changed? Because backstep is no longer fixed to backstepping, so..

No. If you don't aim in a specific direction, the skill still backsteps by default.
  • Halrath wrote: »
    Will the name be changed? Because backstep is no longer fixed to backstepping, so..

No. If you don't aim in a specific direction, the skill still backsteps by default.

Oh good. This is primarily what I was worried about tbh.
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    It made all the difference in the world on my archer's playability, I am really looking forward to it for my sorc.
  • Of the now 4 classes affected by this change, I play priest (daily), archer and lancer (both regularly). I'd imagine long-term sorcerers will feel the same about it like archers did when this was applied for them - awkward and annoying at first, later to e level of it becoming less enjoyable to play the class.

While this will be liked by players who will be playing on consoles or are currently using controllers, I personally dislike these changes. I've been playing priest for over 3 years. Having the ability to dodge in any direction (with BACKstep and even Fiery Escape) makes playing the class less challenging, therefore less fun. The complexity of the class, the skill barrier is now lower. Thankfully, being able to dodge in any direction comes with the major inconvenience of having to press an extra key or make sure you're not pressing any directional key which somewhat compensates for dumbing down the class.

I suppose it's a matter of time before they make mystic's Jaunt also multi-directional. o_O What's the logic changing priest's dodging skills but not mystic's? Or making archer's rush skill (Chase) also multi-directional but leaving slayer's etc unchanged?

Nothing will change anyway.