[PC] Maintenance is now complete!

Odd suggestion

This is only a suggestion, mind you. I'm not really expecting anyone to really take it seriously.

But it's come to my attention recently that the only iFrame priests have is the basic Backstep. That one skill that every class gets. Hell, I didn't even know that Fiery Escape was not an Iframe until after I did Demokron Factory with it's iframable 1-hit-KO moves.

I then took a careful look at the majority of the priest's offensive skills. The ones that do the most dmg are very close range CC. I've gotten used to this when running Celestial Arena. (Rank 1 consistently! Woo!) The long range ones offer a debuff if you glyph it right. The majority of the long range skills are healing skills. Besides Backstep (THAT ONE IFRAME), our biggest defensive skill is Kaia's shield.

Talking with a friend got me thinking. What if a priest could Block? Like a Lancer, Berserker, Warrior, or Brawler? I know it's a pretty random suggestion, but it would make sense to me. Some skills can be Blocked but not Iframed. And there will be times when you're playing a priest that you're not with a party and you're forced to rely on your few combat skills get things done. At the very least it would make the class more survivable while soloing IoD or most dungeons.

So.... umm... thoughts?

Comments

• AnivayAnivay ✭✭
    That wouldn't really fit into the priest style... turning fiery escape into an iframe like they did with archer's breakaway bolt would be better.

Your idea would be interesting though for a new healing class o:
  • Anivay wrote: »
    That wouldn't really fit into the priest style... turning fiery escape into an iframe like they did with archer's breakaway bolt would be better.

Your idea would be interesting though for a new healing class o:

Like I said, it's odd. I thought it was a funny idea, actually. Blocking priests! But it can only be used to save their own butt.

I would very much like it if they made Fiery Escape an iframe. So you could use both to Iframe, which would make dungeons like Domokron Factory and Forsaken Island more manageable for Priests. I mean... Mystics gets a teleport! Why are we stuck with just jumping backwards??
  • JBGamingJBGaming ✭✭✭
    Kind of like a talk to the hand hold up style block. It would be cool if we could do that with an after effect of pushing them back.
  • Kind of like a talk to the hand hold up style block. It would be cool if we could do that with an after effect of pushing them back.

Yeah! That would be cool. Like you put out your hand and a divine dome shield forms infront of you, and when you let up the block then you push outwards and the shield moves outward. It would push them back, while also having a chance of a pushback/stagger. :3
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usually, attacks that need an actual i-frame (one-shots or DFNM's laser that's not one shot but does enough fast damage that it seems like one) come few and far between, so a single i-frame is usually the only thing needed, while the rest of the attacks give the option to block, move out of range or i-frame. Now, I could use an extra movement skill on a priest. But if you check mystic skills, teleport is their only movement and i-frame skill, and it goes on a slightly longer cooldown than back step.