You want to win CS, you don't want a trap RUN, you want a successful RUN. It is easy

Do NOT PVP ON OFFENSE ROUND. Yeah, this simple. Enemy team tried to make you PVP, you fall for it, you lose it.

DO NOT PVP ON OFFENSE ROUND. Simple rule that can stop a lotta pain and toxicity and hate lol

On defense RUN, Hold the ladders, every one goes to PVP , empty ladders = Loss.

So CS needs strategy and it is not a pure PVP, kill and kill BG.

Hope these simple stuff clarify things for those just joined Tera or reached 65. Unfortunately you don't get to learn BGs before 65.

Good Luck

Comments

• metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    if only there was a pvp section for discussion regarding pvp

cs is too ded for it tho
  • The thing is, I've had so many people say 'I'd rather have fun PVPing and risk losing than having a boring CS'.
    Not sure if those are the ones who complain in the end (and blame it on the healers) :unamused:
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    The funny thing is it only works nowadays because nobody knows how to actually break up a mob properly.

In real experienced rounds you actually need people to pvp for distraction in offense, full knowledge of the map and likely player distribution across the map (even if the leader is too stupid to scan). Pure PvP is of course bad, but knowing when to PvP and when not to makes or breaks the higher levels of play which sadly no one has now.
  • MarcusCrassusMarcusCrassus ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Dont botter.
    Im ve been educating peopple to win CS for years.
    They dont care.

Most of the raidmembers are there just to hit somebody.
    Objetive is meaningless to them. (Usually, as a fact, they re Brazilians who dont speak an english word) .

YOu know it is a lost cause when:
    -1: io, wtf re u doing? They re taking mid
    -2: stfu, look at you, sorcerer with 0/4/1 noob

...... It is all said :p

• LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    aeee98 wrote: »
    The funny thing is it only works nowadays because nobody knows how to actually break up a mob properly.

In real experienced rounds you actually need people to pvp for distraction in offense, full knowledge of the map and likely player distribution across the map (even if the leader is too stupid to scan). Pure PvP is of course bad, but knowing when to PvP and when not to makes or breaks the higher levels of play which sadly no one has now.

When no one is at gate then you know there is something very wrong.
    HowAboutNo wrote: »
    The thing is, I've had so many people say 'I'd rather have fun PVPing and risk losing than having a boring CS'.
    Not sure if those are the ones who complain in the end (and blame it on the healers) :unamused:

Exactly, I was a healer and they said where are heals. I said, you are all scattered to be healed and also when healers are unprotected, what do they expect?

I realized, PM power hours are better since have more EU/NA players.
  • KiraboshiKiraboshi ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    OP is actually wrong.

You need at least a few people PvPing on offense to peel for your healers, or else a competent team will just wipe you at gate.

The only problem is, in order for this to work those PvPers actually have to understand how and why they are doing what they are doing, which 95% of the Tera population can't do. Thus came the "You shouldn't PvP on offense" rumor, because while technically false for good players... for most players it is realistically true.

Kiraboshi wrote: »
    OP is actually wrong.

You need at least a few people PvPing on offense to peel for your healers, or else a competent team will just wipe you at gate.

The only problem is, in order for this to work those PvPers actually have to understand how and why they are doing what they are doing, which 95% of the Tera population can't do. Thus came the "You shouldn't PvP on offense" rumor, because while technically false for good players... for most players it is realistically true.

You don't need PVP now, ZERO pvp, you can break each door in seconds, it was when those gates actually could last. You can break both gates and end the round in 3 mins, that was impossible before but it is very possible now.

Pvp on offense now is a great mistake and waste of time. 3 to 3:30 mins is enough to break gates and win, if you passed 4:30 mins, then you did something wrong.
  • KiraboshiKiraboshi ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Sure you can ignore PvP... if the other team is bad. If they have a competent premade of actual PvPers, you absolutely need at least a few people peeling for your healers. If you do nothing to manage them they will wipe you and you will not break the gate.

This is common sense amongst literally every 1200+ rated player.
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Most players are bad anyway. I hit 1300 rating before and even then I think I am bad in front of actual experienced pvpers when 1.5-1.6k ratings were considered good.

As I said, if you want real 1.2k average premade CS, you won't be able to win with just gates. Even when gates will drop in seconds. Because in that same few seconds you can get wiped. Most CS games nowadays are 900rated anyways, mostly because they lack the knowledge of PvP, bombs etc.

Most consistent win players (not those half-baked 60% winrate players) rely on PvP in at least one form. But these players are usually efficient as well. Gone are the days where you see a very clean wipe on defense and they have to walk out from base.

If you hit 4:30, it doesn't always mean you did something wrong. I have seen people rush outers in 50s, and they die in innergate right after, lost their pyre because of an actual organised pyre capping squad, and then enemy struggles for the next 7 minutes barely doing anything to the inner gate. Just because you see that games can end in 2:14 or less doesn't mean that all rounds can end at that time. It all depends on whether the opponent can actually show what a defense round is supposed to be.

Your advice is not wrong in a sense, but it is not the best way to go if you are facing a group of people who actually know what they are doing.
    Sure you can ignore PvP... if the other team is bad. If they have a competent premade of actual PvPers, you absolutely need at least a few people peeling for your healers. If you do nothing to manage them they will wipe you and you will not break the gate.

That is the case here, Current CS, specially power hour, ppl are there to gain stuff to make gold or just get the jackpots. I made the thread about the casual, I barely see pvpers, there are very few in each team that can be ignored by heavy dps.

In premade CS, or higher tier you are right about pvp but the casual crap I saw that ignoring pvp worked better.
  • sanj66sanj66 ✭✭✭✭

you dont need people to pvp at the outer gate, if you have a competent team even against a competent pvp defence team you can break the outer gate before they have time to get to you and then its minimal effort to break the inner gate, both can be broken with less than 2 minutes on the clock.
  • Just mash button cs is easy pvp pew pew pew oneshot things real skill do hh hard game cs just mash button on people gearcarry elitist think they good and trash talk