[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/21 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

closed

edited April 15 in PvE Discussion
closed discussion

Comments

• LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Backstep/fiery escape will be fixed to work with the direction, like Archer change, this one change is great. Priest is love, I love when I die more than DPS :pleased: lol
  • WitchyGirlWitchyGirl ✭✭
    edited April 15
    closed discussion
    WitchyGirl wrote: »
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    Backstep/fiery escape will be fixed to work with the direction, like Archer change, this one change is great. Priest is love, I love when I die more than DPS :pleased: lol

yes exactly what i was thinking.. they revamped archer to backstep and breakway bolt to be able to GO any direction.

since priest's backstep and fiery escape (which is almost exactly like as archer's two skills), should do the same in any directions too .
    especially because sometimes priests are so far away healing....they can go foward direction and heal them faster.
    and also escape damage better.

well next week with Valkyrie release we get this change for all classes, not just priests. =)
  • WitchyGirlWitchyGirl ✭✭
    edited April 15
    closed discussion
  • StevenAnthonyStevenAnthony ✭✭✭✭
    there are about two skills that i wish would be revamped
    and i dont think its asking for much lol

1) Prayer of peace skill
    the cool down is too long. wish it was shorter.
    but worse, is that it takes so long to cast it. wish it was instant.
    when you try to cast it, mobs are hitting you and it interrupts it..so it never works.
    (considering that sorc and archer has an instant-casting-lose-aggro skill, and they are DPS.
    but losing aggro for priest is more important and it doesnt even work. the other healer mystic has a thrall to take aggro)

2) Backstep/fiery escape
    maybe it can backstep in the directions of foward and sideways too.
    I think almost all the classes has either a foward dash /jump/rollor a foward evade skill of some sort.
    this can be useful.

FINALLY,
    as for a skill that Priest doesnt have but would be interesting is
    a MASS RESSURECTION skill. the cooldown can even be long. and even make casting it long.
    i thought that the priest seemed underwelming. i mean its suppose to have some big holy power
    that makes it stand out from the mystic.
    i think the MASS RESS skill should ressurrects a very big AOE ..anyone in that aoe circle will be ressurected !

What do you guys think? and what skills do you think should be revamped or added? or taken out?
    or mabye even just a skill that you are fine with but would want a different look cosmetically?
    priest should have powers that look more "special" since its a magic class even if its just healing.

you can glyp "player of peace " for instand cast

yes exactly what i was thinking.. they revamped archer to backstep and breakway bolt to be able to GO any direction.

since priest's backstep and fiery escape (which is almost exactly like as archer's two skills), should do the same in any directions too .
    especially because sometimes priests are so far away healing....they can go foward direction and heal them faster.
    and also escape damage better.

well next week with Valkyrie release we get this change for all classes, not just priests. =)

what do you mean?
    the things i wrote is what i am hoping for.

is there a list of changes of priest that are actually coming to tera? you saw it somewhere?

Yeah, changes are coming with Valkyrie release :p , you can check EU latest patch notes and see the changes.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    Priest doesn't really need a revamp. BHS just needs to stop trying to constantly buff Priest then over buff Mystic then having to buff Priest then buff Mystic again. Every time Mystic gets buffed they buff Mystic by removing a weakness they have compared to Priest.
  • XandervbXandervb ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Prayer of peace already has a glyph that speeds up casting by 100%. You can also kaia then prayer for dmg reduction and kd immunity,
  • Not to sound harsh, but if you find Priest underwhelming you aren't playing it right.
  • ElyannElyann ✭✭✭
    Priest doesn't actually need fixes apart from backstep's ( which wouldn't need if BHS tested their dungeons properly before releasing them...as well as for many other past changes... ) .
    The class isn't inferior to mystic nor superior, they both excel at their role of defensive and offensive support.
    To cut it short without entering in detail with every single skill comparison....priest is better at keeping your team alive ( more heals , aoe heals and cleanse , kaia, ecc...) while providing support via buffs , ES , TN....while mystic is better at offering offensive support thanks to its auras and debuffs ( implying they are running with a skilled team....otherwise they'll struggle more than priests ) .
    There have always been balancement problems between the two classes....but after Valkyre's patch changes I think that they are going feel way more balanced than they've been in a long time....as for dungeon sets, there have always been dungeons that favored a class over another, this time it was mystic's turn to have it easier, next time maybe will be priest's.... ( MCH was p much the same for both classes while ABH , SCH , TSH were all easier on priest , FIH , SSH and now RMH are now easier on mystic ) .
  • xvctxvct ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Kaias feels like paper again, over the past year of dps power creep. Up the absorption value accordingly.
    And make it apply to at least 8 or 10 people. FFS.
    -observations from pvp priesting
  • JerzyJerzy ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Priest is fine how it is at the moment. Buffs are always welcomed I guess but the only thing I'd like to see is more glyph point reductions.

edit: Triple Nemesis not putting you in combat would be one buff I'd like to see.
  • I think they should make the Glyph for Focus Heal to reduce aggro gain available early levels(like level 20-57 since healer steals aggro with their heals.)... that glyph is kind of useless when you reach level 65, at least imo
  • xvctxvct ✭✭✭
    Jerzy wrote: »
    edit: Triple Nemesis not putting you in combat would be one buff I'd like to see.

not much time left to use hurricane tho :(