[PC] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 12/10 at 8am PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

4/28 Twitch Stream: Valkyrie Loading Screen Contest

Comments

• Our real name and country will be disclosed? I thought only character name and server name are needed for the entry?
    How and why is it only open for 3 countries.. *cries*
  • StarSpriteStarSprite ✭✭✭✭
    I know people have asked in the past why that rule is there but I've forgotten what the answer is. Someone said it had to do with laws but I'll try to get a confirmation.
  • There are a lot of laws that govern promotions and contest prizes, and the rules companies have to follow. These laws are different in every jurisdiction (sometime even down to the county/state/province/etc.), and EME's legal team doesn't want to risk falling afoul of laws in countries where they have no legal jurisdiction or understanding. So this is why companies (not just EME by any means) have these sorts of contest rules whenever there are prizes involved. They don't want someone who's upset about not winning a contest to complain to their local government that EME's contest fell afoul of their laws and get fined or entangled in a mess.

But as was said, this only applies to the person who enters the contest and is legally eligible to get the prize.

• roxxapoxxroxxapoxx ✭✭✭
    @Spacecats
    I made the mistake of starting my entry off as i guess 12 or 16 bit because 24 was not an option in the rgb thing... will this be an issue? I have no access to anything to make a 24 bit rbg file...
  • TianaTiana ✭✭✭
    Come on guys! You got this!

H92vI1m.png
  • roxxapoxx wrote: »
    @Spacecats
    I made the mistake of starting my entry off as i guess 12 or 16 bit because 24 was not an option in the rgb thing... will this be an issue? I have no access to anything to make a 24 bit rbg file...
    This is just a wording issue. In Photoshop, this is called "8-bit color", because it's 8-bits per channel x 3 channels = 24-bits. Microsoft Paint and some other programs call it "24-bit color" because it's counting all channels together.

Anyway, I can basically guarantee that you'll be fine. The only thing you can't do is alpha transparency, but I think that's pretty obvious.
  • roxxapoxxroxxapoxx ✭✭✭
    roxxapoxx wrote: »
    @Spacecats
    This is just a wording issue. In Photoshop, this is called "8-bit color", because it's 8-bits per channel x 3 channels = 24-bits. Microsoft Paint and some other programs call it "24-bit color" because it's counting all channels together.

Anyway, I can basically guarantee that you'll be fine. The only thing you can't do is alpha transparency, but I think that's pretty obvious.

!! Thank you so much. I already am almost finished and was like oh god
  • Tiana wrote: »
    Come on guys! You got this!

H92vI1m.png

Winner, winner, valkyrie dinner.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did anyone submit a screenshot of Spacecats with all that makeup and horns photoshopped into a Valkyrie body yet?

That sure would be at least an honorable mention
  • Just a quick question, can it have like dialogue text on it? Was gonna make a real moody scene but it would look weird without any dialogue on it.
  • Just a quick question, can it have like dialogue text on it? Was gonna make a real moody scene but it would look weird without any dialogue on it.

It would be out of the ordinary, but not against the forum rules. If you think it fits your artwork, go for it!
  • StarSprite wrote: »
    I know people have asked in the past why that rule is there but I've forgotten what the answer is. Someone said it had to do with laws but I'll try to get a confirmation.

Part of it is market area, EME can't have a promotion in another publishers area. SO it's only open to the area that is designated as EME territory even though EME's servers are open to every region. Suck for EU and Australia as I know some great artist from both.
  • In short, contest rules have to follow certain legal restrictions. Those restrictions change from country to country, so it's not uncommon to have online contests that can only include specific world regions.
  • Removed several posts that were steering the conversation off-topic. Please use this thread to talk about the contest.
  • Started my sketch process today, eager to give this my all and see everyone else's entries!