Watch the En Masse Entertainment stream right here at 2pm PDT!

The TERA Launcher is unable to update game

unknown.png

Is anyone else having this problem?

- I've tried restarting my system 3 times
- I've tried reseting thet network in network settings
- I've ran the diagnostic and it says that it cannot connect to eme ports:
=================================
=== OVERVIEW
=================================
OVERALL RESULTS:
Your system meets the recommended system requirements.

DETAILS:

NETSTAT: OK
  DNS: OK
  PORTS: FAIL

We were unable to connect to our servers in a timely manner from this computer.  Please check your internet connection is active and functioning.

- But i can connect to the internet including tera.enmasse.com and its forums (posting now)

Any help for this? thanks o/

:: Update ::
- 12:50pm : Reset network again through settings
- 12:13pm : No update, still failing to update
- 12:23pm : Still trying, but failing so decided to watch something
- 12:27pm : Still trying, but failing and i'm now debating whether i should place a support ticket in..
- 12:31pm : What if i use a proxy to log in?
- 12:39pm : Tried using Freegate again, with no success.. rememberd that i still have a support ticket waiting for reply
- 12:52pm : Tried turning off virus scanner.. nope
- 12:59pm : Removed what might be potential read-only files, including tweaks to S1Engine.ini (deleted)
- WORKED.
-- removed mods, tweaks to language font, tweaks to UI, etc.

Comments

• LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    where you using any proxy before? I think it is some IP block thing, IDK. O.o hopefully it get fixed,
  • seraphinushseraphinush ✭✭✭✭
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    where you using any proxy before? I think it is some IP block thing, IDK. O.o hopefully it get fixed,
    I did update shinra.. :/
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turn firewall off and use Admin RUN manually, simple things might make it work.
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    [filtered], you are unlucky as heck :(

I know another person with the same problem and she gave up sadly :/

• I have exactly the same problem
  • Most likely, you have some sort of modified file, something set to read-only, or you have interference from your anti-virus or anti-spyware software. You can check launcher.log to get a sense of what file is causing the problem.
    Most likely, you have some sort of modified file, something set to read-only, or you have interference from your anti-virus or anti-spyware software. You can check launcher.log to get a sense of what file is causing the problem.

Hmmmm, i'll try removing any junk i might have :o
  • If you delete your EN.version and Live2-Launcher.version files within your TERA directory, it will force the launcher to check and re-download some files. It may fix your problem. If not, I suggest filling out a support ticket so one of our CS members can help you troubleshoot.
  • Deleted some content from this thread regarding proxies and 3rd party programs. Please remember that discussing these is against the forum rules, and using them violates the TERA Terms of Service.