[PS4/XB1] Due to an error, we have extended current events (such as dungeon highlights) by one day. The new end time is now 10/15 at 0500 UTC. Thanks for your patience!

Character direction skills

Okay, so I thought maybe it was just the Valkyrie that a lot of the skills were "Camera direction", but I was just in a Kumas Royal, and when I press a skill, my kumas just does it in the camera direction, no matter what way I'm turned

Anyone else have this problem? Should I re-log or is it just a bug?

Comments

• Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    And before you ask, yes I do have the skill option set to "Character direction". I even changed it to camera direction, hit apply, then back to character to see if it went back to before the patch. Nope
  • If you have a controller connected (or have in the past), it's possible that the default setting may have been changed. You could plugin a controller and pull up the /controller menu to check this.

I'm not sure if this could be the issue in your case, obviously, but it's one thing to check if you've used a controller before.
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭
    I do use a controller. I said, I had it checked and I even ticked the "Camera direction", applied it, and re-did it to see it it worked.
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Also, are most of the val's skills supposed to do the camera direction? I know the vertical spin skill goes in the character direction. If so, it's annoying..
  • its every melee class and any class with a backstep
  • im having the same issue and this is borderline unplayable on some classes
  • Yup, I noticed this too. I'm getting used to it but I'm not a huge fan of having to turn the camera every time..
  • as a warrior main this is cancer
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    I'm honestly never noticed this and I have every class. Then again I don't play priest/archer/warrior a lot

But why is this happening in Kumas now? It didn't before...

@Spacecats could you bring this up to someone?
  • Same here, it's a huge problem for me. might be a deal breaker.
  • Having the same issue here too. My back step on my lancer turns and goes toward the boss. When I was tanking on a my Warrior my cross pary turned me when i had my chr facing the camera. I sent a ticket in but we will see whats up with this mess, but I have a feeling I won't hear anything for a bit with a new character release.
  • Wow. I didnt even touch my other toons yesterday and thought it was a valk thing.
    Please look into this
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭
    Glad I'm not the only one with this issue.
  • nhatnhat ✭✭
    I checked backstep on my lancer and it works fine with the directional. I thought this update was only for dodge
  • nhatnhat ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    its every melee class and any class with a backstep

http://tera.enmasse.com/news-page/patch-notes/patch-540-honorbound

It's only for backstep from what the patch notes say.
    Tenshi1 wrote: »
    I do use a controller. I said, I had it checked and I even ticked the "Camera direction", applied it, and re-did it to see it it worked.

Where do you see that in options?