[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Character direction skills

Okay, so I thought maybe it was just the Valkyrie that a lot of the skills were "Camera direction", but I was just in a Kumas Royal, and when I press a skill, my kumas just does it in the camera direction, no matter what way I'm turned

Anyone else have this problem? Should I re-log or is it just a bug?

Comments

• Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    And before you ask, yes I do have the skill option set to "Character direction". I even changed it to camera direction, hit apply, then back to character to see if it went back to before the patch. Nope
  • If you have a controller connected (or have in the past), it's possible that the default setting may have been changed. You could plugin a controller and pull up the /controller menu to check this.

I'm not sure if this could be the issue in your case, obviously, but it's one thing to check if you've used a controller before.
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭
    I do use a controller. I said, I had it checked and I even ticked the "Camera direction", applied it, and re-did it to see it it worked.
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Also, are most of the val's skills supposed to do the camera direction? I know the vertical spin skill goes in the character direction. If so, it's annoying..
  • its every melee class and any class with a backstep
  • im having the same issue and this is borderline unplayable on some classes
  • Yup, I noticed this too. I'm getting used to it but I'm not a huge fan of having to turn the camera every time..
  • as a warrior main this is cancer
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    I'm honestly never noticed this and I have every class. Then again I don't play priest/archer/warrior a lot

But why is this happening in Kumas now? It didn't before...

@Spacecats could you bring this up to someone?
  • Same here, it's a huge problem for me. might be a deal breaker.
  • Having the same issue here too. My back step on my lancer turns and goes toward the boss. When I was tanking on a my Warrior my cross pary turned me when i had my chr facing the camera. I sent a ticket in but we will see whats up with this mess, but I have a feeling I won't hear anything for a bit with a new character release.
  • Wow. I didnt even touch my other toons yesterday and thought it was a valk thing.
    Please look into this
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭
    Glad I'm not the only one with this issue.
  • nhatnhat ✭✭
    I checked backstep on my lancer and it works fine with the directional. I thought this update was only for dodge
  • nhatnhat ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    its every melee class and any class with a backstep

http://tera.enmasse.com/news-page/patch-notes/patch-540-honorbound

It's only for backstep from what the patch notes say.
    Tenshi1 wrote: »
    I do use a controller. I said, I had it checked and I even ticked the "Camera direction", applied it, and re-did it to see it it worked.

Where do you see that in options?