[TERA PC] Known issue: Little Red Tokens from the Little Red and the Wolf event have an inventory limit of 999 and if receiving a Vanguard Request reward will raise your token quantity over the limit, you will not be able to receive any of the reward items. We apologize for the inconvenience, but ask that you please exchange tokens prior to completing dungeon Vanguard Requests if you are approaching the inventory limit. Event details: https://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/tera-anniversary-little-red-and-the-wolf
[TERA PC] We confirmed that an issue with Civil Unrest persists, so Civil Unrest will remain disabled until further notice. Thank you for understanding.

[UNDER CONSTRUCTION] Tera Compiled FAQ and Guide List (Updated 30 May 2017)

2»

Comments

• aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    XR6GREJ4WD wrote: »
    ^ what language was that before you edited it out?

Anyways, seems like this should have been constructed more before posting it. Hardly anything worthwhile.

late reply, but someone hijacked my pc to trollpost back then. I wouldn't want to explain what that line meant.
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    Bump for April questions
  • 1) Zyrks have 3 crit or 2 power, right? Comparing belts and jewelry, it looks like the item budget for crit relative to power is 2:1. Doesn't that mean power zyrks are the more efficient choice?

2) What's the best/most efficient way to get the dyad structures?

3) There are a lot of currencies with overlapping items (jewelry, glyphs, gear, etc) in the token shops. This also applies to rep and solo dungeon challenge points. I like that there are many progression paths, but TERA has a lot of n00b traps. Is there a fail-safe way to spend these currencies or trap items that should always be avoided?

4) Is the dps meter allowed by EME? If other people have access to that information, I'd like to see it for myself to know when I need to improve, and defend myself/others if they are being attacked unfairly.

5) What jewelry stats are useful for dps and healers? Is there a resource that lists possible stats and roll ranges?

6) For dps, when is it worth breaking crit jewelry set bonuses for ilvl upgrades or perfect rolls? Seems like a 3-set and a 2-set wouldn't be a huge loss, but I don't know how to tell. Even if it's a loss, is it worth doing to hit an ilvl breakpoint for dungeon finder (for either dps or healer)?

7) Dungeon finder ilvl minimums used to be set unreasonably low. Is that still the case, or should I feel comfortable queuing up if I meet the requirement? (Subject to some common sense, like ilvl coming from wep/gloves rather than chest/boots on a dps)

8) In addition to Tree-glade solo dungeon, what sort of things should I be doing daily? I'm moving from Slaughter to Guile right now, so pretty much all I'm doing is queuing dungeons and clearing some IoD vanguard quests in the meantime.

9) Do I need to level my gathering or crafting professions to make Imperator?

10) What is etching, is it important, and how do I go about it?

11) What should I do with soulbound gear that can't be dismantled? Seems to be a lot of that, and I've been vendoring it.

12) How do you farm feedstock? Gear drops don't dismantle for the most part, and a dungeon run gets me like...maybe 20?

13) When enchanting, is auto-enchant the most efficient use of feedstock?

14) With the broker cost of extensive and premium alk being only 2-5g more than the vendor price of tier 10/11 alk, does the enchantment correction and higher success rate make it more efficient to use the better alk from 1-12?

15) MW rates with Master scrolls seems pretty garbo. Should I always try to MW with Blessed scrolls and just use the Master scrolls to reroll stats?

16) I'm totally confused about what happened with Noctenium Infusions. It seems like they're still craftable, but where do you get the mats now? Should I use the Infusion consumable toggle or combine them into the timed buff item?

17) What is the Velika battle, when does it happen, and how do I participate?

18) Is there an Imperator guide anywhere that lists the mats and where to farm them? Do I need to be doing pvp or grinding any reps like we did with VM and NF?

19) Is it worth awakening non-Imperator items? What is the awakening item priority for healers?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm just super lost about a ton of things!
  • @Ryvenn I can't answer all your questions, but I can answer some.
    5) What jewelry stats are useful for dps and healers? Is there a resource that lists possible stats and roll ranges?

Can't say much for dps, as that can change from person to person, but healers atypically go for either Endurance, Crit Factor, or Healing Increase. Endurance is if you get hit a lot in dungeons - it allows you to face tank more mechanics - and Crit Factor and Healing Increase are simply for the heal boost.

You can actually see the entire list of rolls possible in game. When you go to masterwork or enchant your items, there should be some option on the bottom that allows you to see all possible rolls. You'll want to go for the gold rolls, as they're the ones that increase your ilvl. Good gold rolls for healers are usually Decrease Cooldown by X%, Increase Attack Speed by X%, and Increase Healing by X%. (Sorry if it's not word to word - I'm doing this from memory!)

Leveling your gathering skills is useful for the bonuses they award you at the end, but that's pretty much it. If you level your gathering skills, it'll help if you decide to go into Etching or Alchemy, although Etching is the only thing that really makes a profit nowadays. You don't need to level your armorcrafting or weaponcrafting skills to make Imperator or Ambush at all. It would be a waste of PP points and of materials to do so, really.

Etching creates consumable or permanent scrolls that can be applied to your weapon/armor/boots/gloves. They're usually to boost stats like Attack Speed or Endurance. You can go about this by going to any station for Etching in Velika, Allemantheia, Kaiator, or Highwatch. In Highwatch, I believe it's on the lower floors of the city. It can be a little tricky, but once you start, I think it's a bit instinctual. It can take a while - scarabs are kinda expensive - but if you're willing to put in the money, it can pay off really well. I would suggest looking up an etching guide, as I'm not too familiar with it myself.

Auto-enchanting takes the 'recommended' levels of feedstock and alkahest to enchant your weapons. I would suggest doing this, because as you go onto higher tiers of gear you'll see that you want the best possible opportunity to enchant to the next +. It's hard to do that using only 12 feedstock at a time for enchanting - it lowers the possibilities greatly, and you'll be doing this many times anyway for mid-tier and Best-in-Slot gear. It also prevents you from having to click the same things over and over again.
    15) MW rates with Master scrolls seems pretty garbo. Should I always try to MW with Blessed scrolls and just use the Master scrolls to reroll stats?

RNG is nobody's friend.

Blessed scrolls can be pretty expensive. They do have a greater chance of masterworking, but if your RNG is [filtered], it's [filtered], my dude. I know someone who took 20 blesseds to masterwork their Guile weapon, but only took 2 to masterwork their chest with regular MWA. I have no idea what the number gods are doing. Maybe someone else can add onto this, but in my opinion, it's not worth it.

There are noble masterwork scrolls, but people usually use those for BiS gear.
    18) Is there an Imperator guide anywhere that lists the mats and where to farm them? Do I need to be doing pvp or grinding any reps like we did with VM and NF?

There is indeed a guide for Imperator (VM7), Ambush (VM8), and Behemoth (VM 8.5).

Imperator is far easier to get materials wise. They all come from endgame dungeons. As far as I know, all three sets are hybrid PVPVE sets as well. (Nothing like back in Tensus and Lucid days - was that the pair? I don't remember, RIP.)
    19) Is it worth awakening non-Imperator items? What is the awakening item priority for healers?

General rule of thumb; if it's not a VM set, it's not worth awakening. I'm pretty sure it's weapons > chest > gloves > boots for healers, though some may switch around the chest and gloves. Depends on the set. Sometimes BiS gear can be [filtered] toward healers.

Hope I answered some questions!
  • Thanks! Also oops, because I thought Ambush was lower than Imp. =/
  • ArcherOfEnvyArcherOfEnvy Netherlands ✭✭✭
    Zosmathyn wrote: »
    @Ryvenn I can't answer all your questions, but I can answer some.

Can't say much for dps, as that can change from person to person, but healers atypically go for either Endurance, Crit Factor, or Healing Increase. Endurance is if you get hit a lot in dungeons - it allows you to face tank more mechanics - and Crit Factor and Healing Increase are simply for the heal boost.

You can actually see the entire list of rolls possible in game. When you go to masterwork or enchant your items, there should be some option on the bottom that allows you to see all possible rolls. You'll want to go for the gold rolls, as they're the ones that increase your ilvl. Good gold rolls for healers are usually Decrease Cooldown by X%, Increase Attack Speed by X%, and Increase Healing by X%. (Sorry if it's not word to word - I'm doing this from memory!)

Leveling your gathering skills is useful for the bonuses they award you at the end, but that's pretty much it. If you level your gathering skills, it'll help if you decide to go into Etching or Alchemy, although Etching is the only thing that really makes a profit nowadays. You don't need to level your armorcrafting or weaponcrafting skills to make Imperator or Ambush at all. It would be a waste of PP points and of materials to do so, really.

Etching creates consumable or permanent scrolls that can be applied to your weapon/armor/boots/gloves. They're usually to boost stats like Attack Speed or Endurance. You can go about this by going to any station for Etching in Velika, Allemantheia, Kaiator, or Highwatch. In Highwatch, I believe it's on the lower floors of the city. It can be a little tricky, but once you start, I think it's a bit instinctual. It can take a while - scarabs are kinda expensive - but if you're willing to put in the money, it can pay off really well. I would suggest looking up an etching guide, as I'm not too familiar with it myself.

Auto-enchanting takes the 'recommended' levels of feedstock and alkahest to enchant your weapons. I would suggest doing this, because as you go onto higher tiers of gear you'll see that you want the best possible opportunity to enchant to the next +. It's hard to do that using only 12 feedstock at a time for enchanting - it lowers the possibilities greatly, and you'll be doing this many times anyway for mid-tier and Best-in-Slot gear. It also prevents you from having to click the same things over and over again.

RNG is nobody's friend.

Blessed scrolls can be pretty expensive. They do have a greater chance of masterworking, but if your RNG is [filtered], it's [filtered], my dude. I know someone who took 20 blesseds to masterwork their Guile weapon, but only took 2 to masterwork their chest with regular MWA. I have no idea what the number gods are doing. Maybe someone else can add onto this, but in my opinion, it's not worth it.

There are noble masterwork scrolls, but people usually use those for BiS gear.

There is indeed a guide for Imperator (VM7), Ambush (VM8), and Behemoth (VM 8.5).

Imperator is far easier to get materials wise. They all come from endgame dungeons. As far as I know, all three sets are hybrid PVPVE sets as well. (Nothing like back in Tensus and Lucid days - was that the pair? I don't remember, RIP.)

General rule of thumb; if it's not a VM set, it's not worth awakening. I'm pretty sure it's weapons > chest > gloves > boots for healers, though some may switch around the chest and gloves. Depends on the set. Sometimes BiS gear can be [filtered] toward healers.

Hope I answered some questions!

4) No. Any third party software isn't allowed, wether it's for cheating or checking your DPS. However, most members have a DPS Meter, now I don't have a problem with that and I'll ask for my DPS if I am curious about it, but when I see someone suddenly drop DPS stats in chat, without anyone asking, I just report said player. Most people use it, but it's not actually legal to do so.
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    Ryvenn wrote: »
    1) Zyrks have 3 crit or 2 power, right? Comparing belts and jewelry, it looks like the item budget for crit relative to power is 2:1. Doesn't that mean power zyrks are the more efficient choice?

2) What's the best/most efficient way to get the dyad structures?

3) There are a lot of currencies with overlapping items (jewelry, glyphs, gear, etc) in the token shops. This also applies to rep and solo dungeon challenge points. I like that there are many progression paths, but TERA has a lot of n00b traps. Is there a fail-safe way to spend these currencies or trap items that should always be avoided?

4) Is the dps meter allowed by EME? If other people have access to that information, I'd like to see it for myself to know when I need to improve, and defend myself/others if they are being attacked unfairly.

6) For dps, when is it worth breaking crit jewelry set bonuses for ilvl upgrades or perfect rolls? Seems like a 3-set and a 2-set wouldn't be a huge loss, but I don't know how to tell. Even if it's a loss, is it worth doing to hit an ilvl breakpoint for dungeon finder (for either dps or healer)?

7) Dungeon finder ilvl minimums used to be set unreasonably low. Is that still the case, or should I feel comfortable queuing up if I meet the requirement? (Subject to some common sense, like ilvl coming from wep/gloves rather than chest/boots on a dps)

8) In addition to Tree-glade solo dungeon, what sort of things should I be doing daily? I'm moving from Slaughter to Guile right now, so pretty much all I'm doing is queuing dungeons and clearing some IoD vanguard quests in the meantime.

11) What should I do with soulbound gear that can't be dismantled? Seems to be a lot of that, and I've been vendoring it.

12) How do you farm feedstock? Gear drops don't dismantle for the most part, and a dungeon run gets me like...maybe 20?

14) With the broker cost of extensive and premium alk being only 2-5g more than the vendor price of tier 10/11 alk, does the enchantment correction and higher success rate make it more efficient to use the better alk from 1-12?

16) I'm totally confused about what happened with Noctenium Infusions. It seems like they're still craftable, but where do you get the mats now? Should I use the Infusion consumable toggle or combine them into the timed buff item?

17) What is the Velika battle, when does it happen, and how do I participate?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm just super lost about a ton of things!

1) While levelling, Power is indefinitely more efficient due to avatar weapons. Crit crystals was seen as a joke back in the level 60 days too. At level 65, most classes won't do any damage if they don't crit due to the standard backcrit/frontcrittank setup. The new Vyrsks provide a whooping 6 Critical Factor and is given to most dps when you finish the Highwatch storyline.

You only switch to powerful vyrsks (3 Power) if you hit the crit cap without Keen and you can still benefit from the powercrystal (In some cases, even Swift aka 1% Attack Speed gives more DPS)

3) My own personal opinion: Glyphs are top priority. Once you finish your rare glyphs, you don't need to get them again. Dungeon tokens and high-tier IoD give both the boxes and guarenteed glyphs, although you can just gamble with dungeon tokens since they are farmable.

Endgame jewelry can be considered from dungeon tokens if you can't do 4 star dungeons.

Ace dungeons has only one viable thing to buy: Permanent Etchings

PvP credits should be spent on either bonanza boxes or pvp tokens for jewelry crafting, both of which are sellable or usable

Vanguard Credits nowadays are used for Velik's Opportunity (if you don't have elite), crystals and occasionally reset scrolls. There is no reason to get masterwork alkahest box at this patch due to how cheap they are in the broker.

5) DPS for rings has always been 4 Crit/4 Power or 4+2 Crit, Healers can opt for 4+2Crit or 4+Healing. Necklace should give the roll you want the most (either 4 crit, 4 power or healing depending on your crit cap). Earrings is dependent on whether you OWPvP or not, but usually it is 4% HP 4 Endurance (PvP players can consider 10% stun reduction and 10 crit resist (if my memory serves me right there is a 10 so correct me if I am wrong)

6) You shouldnt be relying on jewelry to gain iLvl at all, so yes double crit jewelry is viable.

7) It is intentional. As long as you have all pieces of the low tier gear, you can already advance to mid-tier provided you are good with game sense. If you feel uncomfortable just put the extra effort to gearing up before continuing. In my case I have brought my priest to LKNM with gloves and boots being Slaughter +9 (that is minimum requirement actually) and have not died so far.

8) If you can go for battlegrounds, go for it. PvP crystals are always worth the investment no matter how skilled or unskilled you are.

14) Only from +9 to +12. I personally only use gear copies to gear enchant from 1-9 due to how easy gear is farmed nowadays.

15) With blessed enigmatic scroll prices being very low, it is a wise choice to use this for masterworking and using the regulars to roll. In the past there was no such luxury, blessed were 750g a piece and you have to farm on ends just to masterwork one gear. So yeah, it is way easier now.

16) You can't craft it anymore unless you have old alliance material. Most of the noctenium you see today come from vanguard requests and events.

I won't answer the other questions for now.
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    Bumping it up to accept questions for the month of June :D