[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

New Class: The Valkyrie

13»

Comments

• KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vesporax wrote: »
    Either valk is weak as [filtered] or they really buffed the hp in instances. It takes me like 45 min to run bol and sm solo as soon as I can run it. Doesn't help that charms/120% stamina boost are gone and the buff pots suck something fierce.

Read the patch notes, they did buff the dungeons. The idea behind it was to make people party up and learn their class a bit more than not a all.

As for the 120% stamina boost, they're included by default (we all count as having 120% at all times, now).
  • Tenshi1 wrote: »
    Moonpelt wrote: »
    @Spacecats Looky at Luna.Nightwhisp she is so pretty!
    17862768_1818189125113258_4553317010708636745_n.jpg?oh=0081dee6598fef003fc71b17db7dffc9&oe=594D3C02

17883864_1818189005113270_4780061937789112240_n.jpg?oh=74ab9646dc545cffc118c9dfa30f695c&oe=59900811

17757360_1818188968446607_570924378715415530_n.jpg?oh=32d2bf04b5ab18e21ae1da3ae3bd89ca&oe=5985E359

Luna.Glade :)

x1a9m1.png

Omg you look so pretty too!
  • Vesporax wrote: »
    Either valk is weak as [filtered] or they really buffed the hp in instances. It takes me like 45 min to run bol and sm solo as soon as I can run it. Doesn't help that charms/120% stamina boost are gone and the buff pots suck something fierce.

Read the patch notes, they did buff the dungeons. The idea behind it was to make people party up and learn their class a bit more than not a all.

As for the 120% stamina boost, they're included by default (we all count as having 120% at all times, now).

I know they did. But they don't mention what they buffed or how much. They could've just buffed enrage, hp or everything.
  • JBGamingJBGaming ✭✭✭
    The thing is you can solo the lower level dungeons for the most part. Even if they are buffed it only takes longer to solo it. And so what if they buffed it. you can still solo it. It just takes longer. But then again its the usual issue that no body cares about lower level content being a challenge for new players. New players don't matter anymore just the old players. After all they are the ones spending the money on the game and encourage others to do so also. So yeah don't even bother with the low level content. Only worry about end game content.
  • The thing is you can solo the lower level dungeons for the most part. Even if they are buffed it only takes longer to solo it. And so what if they buffed it. you can still solo it. It just takes longer. But then again its the usual issue that no body cares about lower level content being a challenge for new players. New players don't matter anymore just the old players. After all they are the ones spending the money on the game and encourage others to do so also. So yeah don't even bother with the low level content. Only worry about end game content.

They did make the leveling dungeons significantly more challenging in this patch, but in principle it should always be possible to solo most content in the game if you know your class and good at dodging telegraphs, excepting for a) DPS checks, and b) mechanics that absolutely require a team. But most leveling dungeons won't have these (and ideally they'd avoid too much of this in anything except raids). And even being able to solo these dungeons doesn't mean it's the most efficient way to do it. If people want challenge even beyond this, they can always choose to forgo avatar weapons as well; it'll still just take longer, of course, as long as they're good at dodging (which is a key skill in this game).

So I'm not really sure your argument. Make the dungeons impossible to do without a party? Will the average leveling player then be able to complete it (even if in a party)? Leveling dungeons are mostly a training ground for end-game, and it should be progressive to some degree. Maybe the curve isn't right yet, but I think they took a step in a good direction with these buffs.
  • JBGamingJBGaming ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    The thing is you can solo the lower level dungeons for the most part. Even if they are buffed it only takes longer to solo it. And so what if they buffed it. you can still solo it. It just takes longer. But then again its the usual issue that no body cares about lower level content being a challenge for new players. New players don't matter anymore just the old players. After all they are the ones spending the money on the game and encourage others to do so also. So yeah don't even bother with the low level content. Only worry about end game content.

They did make the leveling dungeons significantly more challenging in this patch, but in principle it should always be possible to solo most content in the game if you know your class and good at dodging telegraphs, excepting for a) DPS checks, and b) mechanics that absolutely require a team. But most leveling dungeons won't have these (and ideally they'd avoid too much of this in anything except raids). And even being able to solo these dungeons doesn't mean it's the most efficient way to do it. If people want challenge even beyond this, they can always choose to forgo avatar weapons as well; it'll still just take longer, of course, as long as they're good at dodging (which is a key skill in this game).

So I'm not really sure your argument. Make the dungeons impossible to do without a party? Will the average leveling player then be able to complete it (even if in a party)? Leveling dungeons are mostly a training ground for end-game, and it should be progressive to some degree. Maybe the curve isn't right yet, but I think they took a step in a good direction with these buffs.

I wasn't coming up with some form of debate or argument. I was actually being sarcastic. To be honest I am probably like that one spoiled rotten egg you don't want in a basket with your fresh fruits. I don't care about end game content. End game is nothing but a bunch of plebs hanging out dueling each other and grinding dungeons for the next strongest gear which serves no purpose in "anymore" actual story quest. Technically at 65 the game is actually OVER. It's done. The story quest is completed.

So the actual "Story content" should be challenging and I do agree that the did a good thing with this buff. Again I was being sarcastic because everyone rushes to 65 for what? So they can pvp. Kind of lame.

Everybody looks The whole of the game of being nothing but a training ground for PVP really. That's all that matters to so many people when they get to 65 anyway. I mean there really is nothing else to do but that right? PVP. Kind of makes it boring to a quester.

Take Final Fantasy. ONce you have played the first game, you don't stick around to play it again or pvp with anyone. The game is over you beat it. Then you wait for the next Stage of Final Fantasy.

BHS really didn't think things through when they made this game. They really didn't. To each their own though. My thing is I have played every class now. And What is more important in my opinion is story content. We need more to do. More to enjoy rather than just pvp and dueling. I'm sorry but I get really bored with pvp. Win, Lose or Draw at the end it's just that playing against another player. That does nothing for me. BHS needs to start thinking about Content chapters and break things up.

I would go so far as to say that maybe they could take inspiration from games like DnD. Or even the Elder Scrolls.
  • edited April 2017
    I wasn't coming up with some form of debate or argument. I was actually being sarcastic.
    Yes, I did get the sarcasm about people not valuing leveling, but I didn't quite see how that related to the dungeon buff. But I see what you're saying now.

And, well... to be honest, given what you prioritize, I honestly wonder if TERA just was never going to quite be a good fit for your preferences. TERA is really a game that revolves around the battle system, and creating different ways to exploit that. But if I wanted an MMO that really focused on an evolving story, TERA just isn't that game. The story is there and serviceable -- it has some interesting characters and lore -- but it's not a story-driven game. If you're not into doing combat content, there's nothing else at end-game. But, it's got the arguably best combat in the medium.

In the end, I'm a firm believer that people don't have to make a single MMO their whole world; playing multiple MMOs can scratch different itches. And besides that, there's a whole world of single-player games, and some really great ones recently. People who try to make any one game their entire gaming world just end up disappointed, I think. But that's just me...