[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

What is EME's plan on fixing server lag?

Are you just waiting to lose enough players so the population will die off, decreasing server lag? If so, then great, it's well on track.

Dungeons are unplayable in TR, and lag spikes for the past few months have literally become a part of common dungeon mechanics for raids and parties. It's pathetic. This game has went from one I'd highly recommended to people to one where people should avoid at all costs.

And no, it's not personal internet/ISP issues. When entire raids with members locations ranging from Europe to across North America all lag at the same time, there is definiately something wrong with the game itself.

Comments

• Can confirm, TR - server lag still a thing.
  • My guess is nothing. They claim it's nothing on their part but we know it is, like when we're in a raid doing harrowhold and on voice chat everyone from different parts of the world agrees on huge lag spikes. They've said it has to do with the internet infrastructure surrounding their data bases, ddos attacks and such. The thing is, this doesn't happen in most other games as far as I know. I so think they downgraded their servers to a cheaper service or something not so long ago, foreseeing the game would begin to lose players and such. The servers couldn't even handle the new dreamstorm thing and they took it down, any news on that EME?
  • Vxi wrote: »
    Are you just waiting to lose enough players so the population will die off, decreasing server lag? If so, then great, it's well on track.

Dungeons are unplayable in TR, and lag spikes for the past few months have literally become a part of common dungeon mechanics for raids and parties. It's pathetic. This game has went from one I'd highly recommended to people to one where people should avoid at all costs.

And no, it's not personal internet/ISP issues. When entire raids with members locations ranging from Europe to across North America all lag at the same time, there is definiately something wrong with the game itself.

The lag is most related to the current easter event. The servers are being strained by the nonstop spawning and despawning of caimans. Same reason why servers couldn't handle Dreamstorm or are always laggy af during Mongos and Kyras.
  • MidokuPastaMidokuPasta ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not really having any lag at all everything is running as normal and I am on TR
  • msoltysplmsoltyspl ✭✭✭
    They've said it has to do with the internet infrastructure surrounding their data bases, ddos attacks and such.

What a load of [filtered].

SYN ping to TR is crystal clear while the game regresses to utterly unplayable levels regularly. It's their infrastructure that is at fault - either servers themselves or anything behind the proxy/balancer that presents the IPs to the outside.
  • ikiteforfreeikiteforfree ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    I live within 2 miles of their data center and the lag spikes for me as well are terrible. This hasn't happened in any other game I have played. I have seen spikes in the 1000s.
  • I cant even log in right now.
    :(
  • Multiple wipes on TR in HH and even in rmhm cause of spikes... freezing... rubberbanding T.T
  • TR - I would describe this lag as 50 seconds of normal game play every minute. It is the most discussed issue in /c on TR and has been since Valk patch. It is not as bad as valk patch day, but it is still really bad.

This issue isnt my isp or a routing issue. My wtfast constantly is showing solid numbers with 0 packet loss and ping plotter thinks all is well as well.
  • VxiVxi ✭✭
    Bump, can we get a response from EME?
  • edited April 2017
    Just like every cheap Publisher, they will just wait until people get bored instead of trying to keep them by updating the servers.
  • SeanceSeance ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    I imagine their plan is that, once more people start subbing and spending money in the cash shop instead of so many playing for free, they can afford better server architecture and services. ;)

So now the ball is in the players' court. It's so easy to make demands when you're not the one paying to make it all happen.
  • I think their plan is to do nothing. This is likely due to a temporary surge in players due to introduction of a new class. Too bad they'll likely lose a good deal of players that are just fed up with this [filtered] business tactics. In the end it just hurts everyone.