[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance on 9/23 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

If a new healer class was made, what unique skills that will set it apart...

from the other healer classes? I been enjoying the new valk class and it's actually the first DPS class I enjoy in this game oddly enough because I normally don't tank in other MMOs but for some reason I think tanking is great here and healing/DPS is ok.

I really do want to be a healer but I think I have to wait for a new healer class to come but I'm not sure what ideas that would set it apart from the 2 we have currently

Comments

• I always thought it would be cool to have a necromancer or blood mage type class. You would have damage/steal health from monsters or other players(in pvp) to heal. Or perhaps sacrifice you health to heal others.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think healer class skills are almost covered well between priest and mystic.

Priest is like we know on almost everygame as healer and Mystic is more like a Bard type healing class without the rogue threats that they usually have.

I guess we won't see new healer classes at all becuase the only kind that I can think about are dps/healers classes as Druid or tanks healer classes as paladins.
  • b-but i want a new healer... :(
  • Taybat wrote: »
    I always thought it would be cool to have a necromancer or blood mage type class. You would have damage/steal health from monsters or other players(in pvp) to heal. Or perhaps sacrifice you health to heal others.

Combine both maybe? Deal damage to heal self, sacrifice your health to heal others. Siphoning the boss' HP for your allies basically. Pseudo-dps & healing class, very self sustainable.

If not that, then we should get a healing class that primarily focuses on debuffing the target. Their skillset could be something like a weaker TN/contagion, reducing the boss's power like an anti-Energy Stars, a slow skill, plague, and other reasonable debuffs. Of course they should still carry lock-on heals and healing immersion, but instead of fortifying allies, the class would make targets more vulnerable.

Heck, combine those two ideas. Toss some debuffs like lowered endurance. Throw a debuff on the boss that lets you leech HP either through DoT or damage dealt modified by your attack. Sacrifice some of your HP to heal others through a charge up skill - 1 tick = 5% for up to 3 ticks. Repeat. The only missing things are the weapon and how said class would fit into the lore.

There are so many ideas for a new healing non-dps class, but let's be real here: BHS will never create another non-genderlocked non-fanservice non-dps class lul.
  • A metal wearing [filtered] healer with a shield. A Cleric per se with high [filtered] def, a combination of Priest and Mystic skills but better.
  • That's literally a Paladin, which would be competing with the Lancer for primary tank slot. WoW Paladins use multiple styles of weapons depending on spec for your class, which TERA doesn't implement, and adding it in for one class would be cumbersome, so a single class with both a healing and tank spec would be an interesting challenge to the developers.
  • LYC14LYC14 ✭✭✭
    ^^ This. We so far have classes that queue as DPS or tank, why not have classes that can queue as heal or DPS, or heal or tank? Heck why not a class that can queue as tank, DPS or heal?
  • DPS/Heal char would be either too popular if they have decent dps and buff/debuff or useless if they have both mediocre dps and lake of utilities.
    Think about it if the class can boost dps, cast debuff and deal good damage the same time, then in high score run who needs priest and mystic.
  • FaunBaitFaunBait ✭✭✭
    The most unique part would be that its male gender locked. hahaha
  • DokibunDokibun ✭✭✭✭
    I honestly don't want another healer class. A DPS/Heal would be the final nail in the coffin for priests, except for hardmodes.
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Hmm , I like the sound of a necromancer
    to add to some of the ideas already
    and as a necromancer , they could for a short period maybe be able to control so to say a dead (what ever) and its skill set for fighting , but at a cost
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    if they made a combined priest and mystic and made it a dps and tank, i don't think anyone would ever play the other classes again. the salt mines would open back up working to full operation working around the clock, if they genderlock the fore mentioned to elins only so i doubt they would do that. they would have to make it a male class only or make it for male and female of a certain race at least. but as a female player of tera, i do think the next class should either be male locked or for all races male and female.
    i can play a male character or female. it doesn't matter to me. ive created male characters , mainly cause of the names i chose. but please eme , talk to bhs and ask them not to make the next class female only. i would like to see the males get some love also, but bring out more costumes for them. i think that would help smooth things over a little, just a little.
    as far as i would like to see as a new healing class, make it where they would be more like priest and sorc combined, like a wizard and witch class. maybe summon a cat to run around the players healing them or buffing them. eagles attacking enemies, fire, water , electricity shooting out their fingers and can turn around while doing it killing mobs. smoke puffs for teleporting skills, open a book of spells while casting and words fly out attacking. but you would have to bring back the witch hat that used to be in the fed bill shop, the sorting hat looking hat. that would go very well. or have it in the fashion coupon shop just for that class only if nothing else.
  • GrievuuzGrievuuz ✭✭✭
    We could use a bard type support buffer/healer, or a shielding based class that didnt heal as much as it just mitigated damage.
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    There shouldn't be a 3rd healer. In case you haven't noticed, they've spent the last 5 years trying to make priests and mystics as similar as possible without flat out deleting one of the classes.
  • NPCPakNPCPak ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    In my mind, I believe true healers to be with little to no DPS skills, like an Astral Class. I'm not sure how that would work, and it could be over-powered... but it's just an idea I have so it doesn't conflict with the other classes.

Original Skills
    - Barriers similar to Auras (Regen HP Barrier, Reduce Damage Barrier, Regen MP Barrier)
    - Shooting Star similar to Target-Healing
    - Space-Time buffs to Movement Speed, Attack-Speed, Stun/Stagger Resistance
    - Debuffs like Slow-Moving, Weaken-State, Stun
    - Astral Resurrection, Target-Healing Purification (Similar to Mystic)
    - Field of Astral Magic that does DPS to the monster, which gives the player HP
    - Gravity gives temporary KD Immunity (?)
    - Anti-Gravity (Araise)

DPS Skills
    - Meteor Strike
    - Star Pulse (Divine Radiance)
    - Lilith's Moves (Astral Wave, Astral Orbs)
    - Yana's Moves (Clap)

Weapson
    - Orb, Wand, Paddle, Book