[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance for EU servers at 2:00 UTC. We will be entering into maintenance for NA servers at 1:00 AM PDT. We appreciate your understanding, and ask that you plan accordingly.

5th anniversary date?

I can't remember for how long anniversary events go. Is it a one day long event, a week or is it a month? Does it start the 1st of May or is there a specific day it happens? Really hoping it is something to remember like @Spacecats said cause I haven't been part of a Tera anniversary event since the 1st anniversary. Any info you guys / gals can give me would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance. =)

Comments

• We're planning things for at least a week if not the whole month of May. It won't just be a single day of celebration.
  • KillstyleKillstyle ✭✭✭
    @Spacecats awesome! Thanks for all you and the other forum moderators (whatever you guys are called) do. I got my answer so you can close this thread. Thanks again. =)
  • yeah, Spacecats is proving to be by far the best community manager i have seen in a long time for online games. keep up the great work!
  • Xuekao wrote: »
    yeah, Spacecats is proving to be by far the best community manager i have seen in a long time for online games. keep up the great work!

I guess you were not around when Tonka was CM, or played many games that have CMs.
  • FaunBaitFaunBait ✭✭✭
    HAKP4FNNEX wrote: »
    Xuekao wrote: »
    yeah, Spacecats is proving to be by far the best community manager i have seen in a long time for online games. keep up the great work!

I guess you were not around when Tonka was CM, or played many games that have CMs.

I miss my Tonka bear. But I love my Spacecats just as much. I'm sure we won't be disappointed for the Anniversary Event. <3
  • HAKP4FNNEX wrote: »

I have played a lot of games with cms and been active in those forums. Most games cms disappear after taking x (ever how much they can stand) amount of abuse over things they have little to no control over. Many games cms never / not even once respond to any thread. In my experience you should generally be pleased when there is a glimmer of hope that a cm will see / respond, to your opinion / complaint / question.
  • OtsoOtso ✭✭
    edited April 2017

As much people loved Tonka and so on, you guys should atleast give Spacecats a chance, instead being overly negative for his every effort.
    I for one look foward to what they have planned, it is intresting to see how this game has changed in the past 5 years since the first beta's.
    edit: fixed typos
  • HAKP4FNNEXHAKP4FNNEX ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Otso wrote: »

As much people loved Tonka and so on, you guys should atleast give Spacecats a chance, instead being overly negative for his every effort.
    I for one look foward to what they have planned, it is intresting to see how this game has changed in the past 5 years since the first beta's.

I think Tonka also played TERA. He wasn't introduced as someone who has multiple level 65's, high gear score, done many of the dungeons by the previous CM. To not even know how to play Reaper or basic mechanics in Tera. Now apparently Spacecats put some [email protected] in one of the lowbe areas that would kill them over and over.
  • HAKP4FNNEXHAKP4FNNEX ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    don't know how to delete this
  • StevenAnthonyStevenAnthony ✭✭✭✭

I think Tonka also played TERA. He wasn't introduced as someone who has multiple level 65's, high gear score, done many of the dungeons by the previous CM. To not even know how to play Reaper or basic mechanics in Tera. Now apparently Spacecats put some [email protected] in one of the lowbe areas that would kill them over and over.

him have a youtube channel
  • XuekaoXuekao ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    i was not around for Tonka. i have had dealings with CMs on other games i have played. no need to talk to me like im inexperienced with devs/CMs either.
  • MirakaelMirakael ✭✭✭
    I would be happy if they'll give some masks just like "Alliance Mask" x)
  • Spacecats wrote: »
    We're planning things for at least a week if not the whole month of May. It won't just be a single day of celebration.

Please have the permanent version of this bad boy for the event. MustHave_zpsredjrlog.png
  • Permanent DISCO BALL that's TRADEABLE... PLEASE Spacecats!!!
  • HAKP4FNNEX wrote: »

This is off-topic, but you're wearing rose-colored glasses a bit. The previous CM started his employment with EME as a tester before he moved to a CM role. So sure, he had played TERA -- because he had been paid to do that originally. He also had the support of two other people just focused on TERA at the time, so he has more opportunity to focus on playing TERA during working hours. The current CM came in straight to the role as the only one to focus on TERA (and shortly after became the entire team even beyond TERA), and never made any claims about being a great player (see their intro thread). Due to circumstances, they never had any time before they were thrown right in the deep end. And the issue with the current incident was fully addressed. It's not as if there were never any issues or controversies with the previous team either.

I think it's not fair to either the previous team or the current team to compare them. They all tried their best to do what they could within the constraints they were given, and have different personalities and styles. Bringing this up whenever something happens is just an attempt to further poison the well without considering the very different circumstances involved. Ultimately it solves nothing.