[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

From girl gamers...

17810121317

Comments

  • AvignonAvignon ✭✭
    Mobius1 wrote: »
    I assumed the feminism part she spoke of, had to do with some of the derogatory statements made towards men.

    Yes, that would be it.
  • I just wanted to say, this thread is hilarious and funny read; And I think that alot of girls that replied in here are exaggerating way too much/experienced really bad guilds which I don't even know why they tolerate this if they suffer so much, no one holds them in the guild by force, they can just leave to another guild who will treat them as a human being.
    And this is being said from a girl.

    That being said, this also means that guys should stop acting "white knights", because "white knights" breed "attention [filtered]" and vise versa. I do not respect men that protect women as if we need to be protected, nor do I respect women that turn over the "victim" card so easily.

    Girls, we're strong, we can protect ourselves and handle these situations by ourselves. Don't seek for help from other men. This kills the purpose of equality. And yes, Man Up. I Don't understand why this is insulting (someone said it here). Be strong, don't show weakness.

    This is not sexism, this is survival. The real world is even worse, so if you can't ignore comments from people that are not even worth to reply to, then, maybe, you're in the wrong game.
  • KertainKertain ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    I said it but I was making fun of it because it was Man Up and not Woman Up, in my country theres these females in politics that QQ because we are called Mankind and they say that is degrading for women. All i can do at times like this is being sarcastic/troll but i guess my sarcasm didn't pass through in text.
  • KaidunKaidun
    edited May 2016
    Kertain wrote: »
    I said it but I was making fun of it because it was Man Up and not Woman Up, in my country theres these females in politics that QQ because we are called Mankind and they say that is degrading for women. All i can do at times like this is being sarcastic/troll but i guess my sarcasm didn't pass through in text.

    In my country we have people who complain about there not being enough ''feminine'' words in or language because most words end with o and e


    They are basically fighting sexism with other sexism , idiots exist from all parties .

  • AvignonAvignon ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    I've just read what happened after my post yesterday and damn. I still keeping thinking radical feminists and bs.

    I have seen some things people have said that I agree with. Like when someone pointed out that by accepting gifts you kinda do encourage guys perhaps, lead them on even.

    And also about not going into a Team Speak and giving the reason for it. That does sound rather rude and like your making an asumption/judging your new guildies without really meeting/getting to know them.

    I know if I had someone who whispered me and told me they didn't want to get into team speak cause they were female, and a few guildies might be creeps, I'd toss them from the guild for making that assumption and wanting to judge members like that. It's rude and out of line - in my opinion.

    One of the guys I mentioned, briefly, yesterday who was creepy with me...I did mess up with .he sent me a gift and I accepted it, too embarrassed to not accept something so nice (they had crafted me a weapon, got it to plus 12, rolled it right and had it at 3% masterwork) so I didn't want to throw all the work they'd done in their face, since they could do nothing with the weapon as it wasn't for their class, and it did encourage them. I accepted that and dealt with them in the long run.

    The females...I did nothing with aside from be in their guild and be friends to them and they went at me.

    The other male also kept trying to offer gifts and I kept turning him down - that's what ended that friendship in fact.

    So women, in my opinion, can be worse than guys. The one I mentioned who told another guildie I was a lesbian (which is/was a lie) and that it was the only important thing to know about me, aside from apparent thing for her (the guild master herself). She also told me I had a voice fit for a 1-900 operator...So yeah females...worse experience with them.

    The guys I've played with have all been cool and while there are jokes that go about I do participate myself. I'm not offended/bothered/embarrassed by them and I poke fun at them at times as well. We all joke together, me, several male guildies, and several female guildies. We're a nice mix.

    Maybe it's just that we're all adults and our feels aren't so easily upset/bothered.
  • Mobius1Mobius1 ✭✭✭
    @Shinku89

    My wife is a very strong woman, but she still wants me to be her White Knight.

    Women are not men, and I'm damn glad they aren't. Women have qualities that make them beautiful and different than men, and there's nothing wrong with that.

    Quit trying to equate equality, to women being the same as men in every aspect. Equality has to do with rights and dignity, but not your attitude, emotions, or other traits.

    Men act like White Knights because they VALUE women. It's as a part of our nature, as a woman's sensitive and empathetic side is a part of their nature.

    And don't even try to say that women aren't more sensitive and emotional than men (there's always exceptions, of course.). I'm married to one, so i experience it first hand on a daily basis! And the fact that I realize that, helps me to be a better husband, and better attend to my wife's emotional needs.

    So yeah, women are not as thick skinned as men, overall. And I personally like it that way. A woman fills a void in a man's life, and vise versa, because if it.
  • KaidunKaidun
    edited May 2016
    Mobius1 wrote: »
    @Shinku89
    So yeah, women are not as thick skinned as men, overall. And I personally like it that way. A woman fills a void in a man's life, and vise versa, because if it.

    girls are as thick skinned as boys and boys are as fragile as girls , A woman doesn't need a man and a man doesn't need a woman , thinking otherwise is sexism



    Post scriptum : this isn't 1400 After death , you don't have to believe everything your parents told you on baseless science
  • KertainKertain ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    @Mobius1
    Just to make it clear when I appeal, I'm talking about rights and duties, like a women has the right not to be insulted, same as men, a women as a duty to work to get a paycheck, same as a man, and that paycheck should be the same IF the work done by both IS the same. You agree your wife has the right to vote same as you right? One is not above the other.

    If we were all the same this would be boring and dull like sh*t.
  • Mobius1Mobius1 ✭✭✭
    No, a woman does not need a man, nor vice versa. I never said otherwise.

    The Straw men are strong in this thread!

    But I definitely know men are more thick skinned. At least based on how I define "thick skinned."

    The problem is when someone looks at that as being inferior, or as being a bad thing.
  • KaidunKaidun
    edited May 2016
    Mobius1 wrote: »
    No, a woman does not need a man, nor vice versa. I never said otherwise.

    The Straw men are strong in this thread!

    But I definitely know men are more thick skinned. At least based on how I define "thick skinned."

    The problem is when someone looks at that as being inferior, or as being a bad thing.

    Any prejudice is bad regardless of it not being offensive .

    An example , what if i say ;
    ''all black people like basketball because it's in their nature''

    See ? it's not offensive but still a prejudice and it's racist
  • Mobius1Mobius1 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    If I told you that men are, on average, 4% taller and 8% heavier than women, in the United States, it would not be prejudice, because it is a fact.

    But that doesn't mean that there aren't some women that are taller or heavier than some men. Using that as an argument is, yet again, a straw man.
  • AnivayAnivay ✭✭
    I usually never mention it or bring it up b/c gender doesn't matter to me, but it still irks me when a friend invites me to their guild's teamspeak for a dungeon run and everyone gasps when I talk >-<
  • Mobius1 wrote: »
    If I told you that men are, on average, 4% taller and 8% heavier than women, in the United States, it would not be prejudice, because it is a fact.

    But that doesn't mean that there are some women that are taller or heavier than some men. Using that as an argument is, yet again, a straw man.

    straw man is you changing the argument from psychology to physiology
  • cuzcuz ✭✭
    "This is not sexism, this is survival"

    That quote right there is the reason why this is such an issue. The fact that women have to change how they act in order to survive. That's not okay. From a young age, girls are told not to act a certain way or do certain things to try to keep them safe from becoming a victim from different things like harassment to assault to worse. Why? Because it's not safe to be a woman. Because women are taught from a young age that men might mistreat them. And instead of women getting to voice their opinion, to raise an issue into light, to try to make a change, they are told to adjust who they are in order to survive. If an entire group of people has to change how they act to accommodate another group of people out of fear that the second group could mistreat them, that is not okay.

    Also, to everyone who is saying men have it bad also (or this doesn't matter because there's people starving in Africa etc.), here's a fun lil snippet for you: [spoiler]

    "The problem occurs when conversations about women can’t happen without someone showing up and saying, 'but [x] happens to men, too!' When this happens, it becomes disruptive of the discussion that’s trying to happen, and has the effect (intended or otherwise) of silencing women’s voices on important issues.

    1) Understand that if lots of women say something is important, it is. Your opinion, as a man, about the extent and nature of the problem is not valuable when the specific problem pertains to women’s experience.

    2) Always consider the distinction between a class and individual members of a class. If you don’t care about this, and when conversations about class-based oppression you come up with examples of weaker members of the dominant class and more powerful members of the subordinate class, you look an awful lot like someone who doesn’t care about justice.

    3) When you tell us about the male perspective on the issue (“Men don’t intend it this way!” “Men feel weak in relation to women!”) consider that we already understand. And then consider that the reason it looks to you like the male perspective is being excluded or misunderstood is that we’re actually talking about ourselves, and the effect your actions have on us.

    4) Do not draw up a bunch of hierarchies about which form of oppression is worse than which other. When you do this, you’re not responding to a claim that what we experience is the worst thing ever; you just show up and start talking about why what the women say they experience is not as big of a deal as X, Y, or Z. […] Being a woman, no matter what demographic you come from, is an overwhelmingly structuring and determining aspect of your life. In some ways it functions differently depending on your demographic, and in other ways there are striking commonalities, but in no sense is it dominated by other inequalities.

    5) Don't say, 'Men have problems too! Women are always doing mean things to men! [stamps foot] And we don't complain about it as much!'

    You sound an awful lot like you're talking about men's problems to say 'oh well, we all have something to be upset about, I guess there's not much reason to think anything's that unfair'. We bring up men's problems because we want things to change. You bring them up because you're invested in the current system, and you want to tell us we don't have that much to complain about. And when you constantly bring up that "men have problems too!" you often indicate that not only do you not understand women's experience, you don't really understand that you don't understand. You minimize what women experience by describing them in terms that don't begin to be accurate. You probably don’t understand the extent to which women are conditioned to see ourselves through an abstracted male gaze or the real one that’s often present. You can’t understand how women react to male judgment solely by introspection about how you react to female judgment, or judgment of any kind."

    -not my writing, just relevant [/spoiler]
  • KertainKertain ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    @Anivay
    I understand that it irks you (whatever irks means), but tell me something, do you think/believe they are doing that to degrade you in any way?
    I don't think so they are just messing about because at the very least it USED to be rare, but i don't believe they mean to belittle you or insult you in any way.

    @cuz
    What you are saying makes no sense at all, she said women have to change to survive without bowing down to anyone, and you are saying women are taught to change to bow down and not be messed about with, so please clear this up.

    If you want a change something you have to indeed "Man up" and make that desire noticeable, if don't do anything everyone will think it's ok the way it is and nothing will happen, the simple fact you posted what you posted is already considered "manning up".
This discussion has been closed.