[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Regarding the Lag

Comments

• Baldurdash wrote: »
    @LexaShockwave If friends from across the world are getting lag spikes at the same time one could reasonably assume that it's a problem with the server.

your response comes off as obnoxious to me.

That may be your opinion as stated before don't share it . Your also welcome to consider my response in any way you feel like :)
  • BaldurdashBaldurdash ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Baldurdash wrote: »
    @LexaShockwave If friends from across the world are getting lag spikes at the same time one could reasonably assume that it's a problem with the server.

That may be your opinion as stated before don't share it . Your also welcome to consider my response in any way you feel like :)

I'll share my opinion however I like within the rules of the forum thank you. I will further consider your responses as garbage seeing as how you like to give copy paste responses that blame the user.
  • No sense in arguing guys. Lets be honest here. This guy is a clown. End of story.
  • edited April 2017

I'll share my opinion however I like within the rules of the forum thank you. I will further consider your responses as garbage seeing as how you like to give copy paste responses that blame the user.

well when you make a statement disregarding of an opinion i have already covered and ignore it of course im going to copy and paste. And if your so close mined to think that there is no way the lag is on the user side then that just close minded ....and lastly if you are going to take that attitude it matters not what you think any ways.

The fact is there are people out there ( like me and other i see who have stated they are not having any isue) who dont have issues . and another fact is with out hard number including the entire player base no one can factually say this is a "major issue" or it is for a *fact* a problem with the servers.
  • Obs wrote: »
    EME has already asked people about the lag and pretty much confirmed that it's happening in this thread: https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/13256/server-lag

20% of your playerbase having massive lag spikes from around the world on different ISPs is a massive amount. And when it's more than 20%, you have a serious problem. And considering that my entire guild/raid/global is all lagging at once, I doubt it's just a user error.

that is a question...it does not confirm or "prove " anything at most it the first step in seeing if it is a wide spread issue or just an acceptable variance .

Personally 20% would not raise any red flags for me ...if itstarted growing i would watch it and if it got closer to 50 % then its possible there is an issue that needs to be delt with
  • Baldurdash wrote: »

well when you make a statement disregarding of an opinion i have already covered and ignore it of course im going to copy and paste. And if your so close mined to think that there is no way the lag is on the user side then that just close minded ....and lastly if you are going to take that attitude it matters not what you think any ways.

The fact is there are people out there ( like me and other i see who have stated they are not having any isue) who dont have issues . and another fact is with out hard number including the entire player base no one can factually say this is a "major issue" or it is for a *fact* a problem with the servers.

I live in Washington state, one friend lives in Florida, the other lives in Maine. We all get a lagspike at the same every so often in Highwatch and in dungeons. Then I come to read this thread where other people playing the game are having the same issues for months just like us. In other games hosted in Chicago my friends and I have no problems AND low ping. Compared to that Tera is lacking. I spend years knowing the ins and outs of my internet making sure I have no problems, then I read your copy paste microsoft support level comment telling me and several others that it's not a problem, because it's a fault on our end. Maybe you're not having problems but several people I know and many strangers here are lagging just like this SEVERAL TIMES A DAY:

https://clips.twitch.tv/LitigiousFurryScallionNononoCat

This lag warrants an investigation.
  • kamizumakamizuma ✭✭✭✭
    what if many of the people that experienced lag issues already quit so they're no longer here to complain? :thinking:
  • kamizuma wrote: »
    what if many of the people that experienced lag issues already quit so they're no longer here to complain? :thinking:

lmao
  • kamizuma wrote: »

The truth hurts too much, lie to me! Tell me it's all going to be okay!! D:
  • LaemieLaemie ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    My IMS adventure:

eNssHdc.png

I dont even know if those people were from the same server..xD
  • Laemie wrote: »
    My IMS adventure:

eNssHdc.png

I dont even know if those people were from the same server..xD

lmao, DC?
  • LaemieLaemie ✭✭✭
    Yuup! I was asking if they were ready, i saw everyone stood still, i thought i dc'd.. Until they all poofed xD
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    @Obs "Nothing that's lagging me right now has to do with my hardware" yea...of course it isn't .....just like someone saying "well i have no issues with x game ....." that like compering a Toyota with a Ferrari because they are both cars like the example games are each their own unique entity made by different team with different methods, programming styles and cannot factually be compared

you do not have access to server info and since the is a fact that different people are reporting no issues cannot with 100% certainty make that statement where your particular lag is coming form. yes there s lag ...its not a mystery that lag does indeed exist for some people ... its how many and the cause that is in question.

@canikizu @KentaGrace [sarcasm] of course i mistaken a fps drop for lag ...this is the very first mmo i have played and I know nothing about how mmo's work or computers in general geeze thanks for clearing that confusion up ....[/sarcasm]

how much is alot ? " its all over chat" are these unique people bringing up this ? is it the same ones ?

Lets try another example

lets say 1 million players play a game and 200 000 complain about lag or poor optimisation .

is that alot? Sure 200 000 sound like a big number ... not really it is not not when you compare it to 800 000 that are not having any issues

In reality it is only 20% of the player base and if the tech team is looking at that one could reasonably assume that the fault with the user in some fashion.

As no player has those numbers No one can say factually that its a "major problem" as far as game or server wide in the general population is concerned

Also its been said that i may be "closer to the server" that is also not a "server problem" but a user problem its not the "servers"fault you don't live closer to it.

and lastly " you haven't done enough dungeon" if you read my last post on my other thread i specifically state up and including Lilith which I only did once because I did not find it fun but even in that one i did not have any issues.

so don't try the "I'm just to new and don't know" the only dungeons cant speak on are broken prison ..and the "hard mode " ones but i wont ever find out because i have no interest in "hard mode"

But if you whole argument is going to rest on "but hard mode"....well then....shakes head.

I hate to be honest, if even 5% of the population is having issues it is a real issue. This is the truth of any online game tbh. This means that for 5% of the playerbase there is something hindering them from playing, and there could be people from the other 95% waiting for the said 5% to go on and play etc.

As long as you are rubberbanding even just once, it is guarenteed either a server lag or a node-side lag. In most regular MMOs it dosen't make too much of a difference, you can probably play something like runescape with 800ms ping fine as long as you don't spike, but for Tera, desyncs and hitbox missing will occur. Some of your skills will push you into the boss. The very fact that there are mutiple reports at the same time actually saying that it is a problem means that there is a problem, especially when it is not isolated to a region, ISP or location.

When it is on the user end, they will probably know it. It isn't just about game comparison. Just check your clock to see the ping value.

Although truth be told the past few days when I was playing I really didn't receive any real lag despite many people complaining so perhaps the both of us are lucky I guess? There will eventually be a time where you will feel the lag, and you will understand why we mean that.
    kamizuma wrote: »

It is actually a reason why some people left in the past lol.
  • msoltysplmsoltyspl ✭✭✭
    Personally 20% would not raise any red flags for me ...if itstarted growing i would watch it and if it got closer to 50 % then its possible there is an issue that needs to be delt with

Please never start a business providing any kind of service to anyone.

Also it's 100%. The thing is on EME side and happens randomly - but when it does the whole party spread over the [filtered] world (particularly 30 men HH raids) is affected. And that is proven by now.

If someone is idling in highwatch or casualing in CW or DFNM without noticing anything - possibly being on different machine handling whatever they are doing - that doesn't mean that servers are automagically fine.
  • @LexaShockwave

Not to be disrespectful but you're a fairly new player recently in Tera after seeing your thread in the intro section last week. Most of us here who have played for 1-2 years or more, we know what has been going on here in terms of server lag issues. 20 percent of the population is quite a big amount actually. Even if 5 percent of the player base experiences these latency issues, it's a problem. There are numerous threads on this forum and also on the old forum regarding these problems for many reasons.

We have had these spiking going on since ninja patch last year. Yes if you were playing that time, there were moments during the day everyone would experience a terrible spikes for 1 or 2 hours at certain time of day. Even if you were near the server room as well. These spikes would wipe a party in dungeons, that's how bad it was. After sometime later, EME switched to another provider which helped alleviate the problem for the most part. But I can tell you for sure that the server lag has been incredibly worse since the recent new patch. There were also some DDOS attacks through out at some points last year, so it's very complicated.

When all 30 ppl in harrowhold experiences a 1-2 second delay, then you know that is a problem and it's happening on every server. I know someone who lives like 20 minutes from the servers, has like the best ISP and still experiences latency issues, which only occurs in Tera. I don't know what other clues we should give to convince that it's more server sided. You can have the best pc or the best internet but still will experience latency problems in this game due to the inconsistencies on the server side. And this game depends more on cpu than gpu btw. While you can still make tweaks to efficiently optimize game play, the game itself has never been fully optimized even on the best machines.

There have been random spikings going on for last few months but since last week it has gotten worse. I can't even run a regular perfect rmhm on lancer. During each boss, I can experience a sudden 1 or 2 second lag at least once. I'm not the only one experiencing this.