[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Ping EU to NA ?

Hey, just wanted to know if i'm playing from EU it will be fine for PvP as a Slayer. I don't really want to have a hard delay on all skill and become unplayable. :anguished:

Comments

• ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    It isn't unplayable but you will have headaches becuase lots of desyncs on combos that you will have.
  • Yeah so it's not a really good idea. desyncs come from server or client ?
  • My ping in Mount Tyrannas from Europe is 150-170ms
  • Under 200ms is pretty OK for a lot of games, but on Tera idk if it's possible to PvP with this ping. :expressionless:
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    PvP in general try for below 130ms. Anything above means that you are almost always one action behind anyone who is below 130, unless you are playing classes that don't have to melee range for mass pvp (sorc, archer, gunner)
  • msoltysplmsoltyspl ✭✭✭
    CGAGX5XFPL wrote: »
    Hey, just wanted to know if i'm playing from EU it will be fine for PvP as a Slayer. I don't really want to have a hard delay on all skill and become unplayable. :anguished:

You will have 130ms+ RTT. It makes pve at least irritating and pvp borderline pointless.

But there are workarounds to the ping dependency issue.
  • CGAGX5XFPL wrote: »

110ms is the threshold I found for Stunning Backhand=>Evis. Higher than this you will not be able to perform this as your Evis will simply hit nothing, and it's quite a key combo if you want efficient KD chains.
  • MinimanaMinimana ✭✭✭
    EU player here with stable 120ms, i can PvP and PvE with ease, even combo reliant classes. You dont need really low ms for combo classes just a stable connection, if you are on wifi then yeah forget it, what really ruins PvP is lag spikes. This my experience atleast.
  • JohanidesJohanides ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    CGAGX5XFPL wrote: »

Hi CGAGX5XFPL, i am from EU country and I've been playing here for at least 2.5 years. Ping is most of the time constantly at 130ms and it's not a problem (except CS) even for warrior (I've played slayer too and it was OK).
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have a stable connection it will be fine. Fluctuating ping is worse than just high ping as that's what normally causes a lot of the desync problems.
  • I'm from EU and i play on NA for a few years now, i'm around 200 ms but honestly, it doesn't even feel like it, in other games i have big problems with that ping but it just doesn't feel like it in tera... maybe because i play sorcerer, but for other classes i don't have really big problem either.
  • You can also try a port forward on your router to lower your ping. It helps some people.
  • VirtualONVirtualON ✭✭✭
    All the people, who say 100+ms is OK, probably never PvP or are incredibly bad at it.

Stay away from PVP on NA or play on EU if you are even half-serious.

It doesn't help that Slayer is the weakest class in PvP and very ping dependant because their stuns are pathetically short and they rely on stagger lock.
  • One of my chars is slayer Im from Eu and i beat anyone even if they use speed tools no animatiion skills no cooldowns and and lotta shi we are used to see all over the lawless place , i experience some desync sometimes but note that almost the 80% of NA population uses several programs of many different sorts and uses nodes injectors and many other stuff to alter and increase their combat values and well to make it short to abuse, their excuse will be often '' I have high ping '' or ''servers optimizations fault'' never call them cheaters they get really mad lmao never call cheater to someoen who uses cheat tools they can't handle it they'll enrage more than any brawler.
    But the truth is they lack of real ingame skill so just be unpredictable during fights and you'll beat them all often even with higher ping cause those guys are repetitive and copy what they watch in videos and and do exactly what guides say, I heard they use macro to reload those webpages where they donwload the tools for cowards every 5 seconds to see if there are updateds , fear is a bad thing and free to play games often face these kind of issues..
    And that's about 1vs 1 when it comes to PVP in group u'll have probably a worse visual experience , yes higher desync but some classes work quite well in group so it shouldn't be a problem hit all it moves
    Ping here around-140 and all fine
    If you can barely play just set all video graphics values to 0 and may work fine
  • Ooook thank you all for these reply. I just created my char and i'm around 140 to 190ms, it's playable atm, but dunno if in large PvP group the connection won't be really bad. I'm gonna up my char max level and see myself. If I can't play fine so back in EU, but with some tear. :scream: