[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

If a new healer class was made, what unique skills that will set it apart...

Comments

• StevenAnthonyStevenAnthony ✭✭✭✭
    no spacebar broken healer plissto
  • Taybat wrote: »
    I always thought it would be cool to have a necromancer or blood mage type class. You would have damage/steal health from monsters or other players(in pvp) to heal. Or perhaps sacrifice you health to heal others.

Someone tell the Koreans to download "Rift" and loosely copy a chloromancer (mage healer). The most unique healing class I have ever played with a high skill cap and floor.
  • xvctxvct ✭✭✭
    A healer with 2 stagger skills, 1 group-em-up ability like Valk's Maelstrom / Valk's Dark Herald / Ninja's Bladestorm, 1 knock-up, 1 stun, and 1 knockdown

No one cares about sleep in FWC

• xvctxvct ✭✭✭
    Heck I'll settle for a healer with 1 stagger and 1 group-em-up.
  • EndevaEndeva ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    nhat wrote: »
    from the other healer classes? I been enjoying the new valk class and it's actually the first DPS class I enjoy in this game oddly enough because I normally don't tank in other MMOs but for some reason I think tanking is great here and healing/DPS is ok.

I really do want to be a healer but I think I have to wait for a new healer class to come but I'm not sure what ideas that would set it apart from the 2 we have currently

A Necromancer, raises bad players from the dead and controls them to "git gud"!

GENIUS!!!
  • TewiiTewii ✭✭✭
    We have an AoE healer, we have a lockon healer (primarily), but we don't have a healer with a surplus of healing over time abilities, or one with many skillshots.

Skill based healer lets go.
  • KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator ✭✭✭✭✭
    KentaGrace wrote: »
    That's literally a Paladin, which would be competing with the Lancer for primary tank slot. WoW Paladins use multiple styles of weapons depending on spec for your class, which TERA doesn't implement, and adding it in for one class would be cumbersome, so a single class with both a healing and tank spec would be an interesting challenge to the developers.

Keep in mind this is a developer who thinks that more HP and one shot mechanics make a good challenge.
  • Don't break my healer please!

Sincerely, a concerned Priest.
  • YuxibrYuxibr ✭✭✭
    I would love a necromancer class, with green skills. Stealing enemy's blood and healing people. BHS PLZ! :anguished:
  • NubmNubm ✭✭
    A tank healer would make sense and could be pretty unique in tera gameplay imo. Combining healer and tank in one person would make room for another DPS, therefore the tank healers primary role is NOT DPS at all.
    A (magic?) shield and/or barriers + some smart aggro mechanics could work nice. As far as healing goes, maybe an aura, or a monster debuff that grants attacking players health regeneration. Or heal puddles. Anything that is less 'direct' towards other players.

Queueing as tank AND healer would also greatly help dungeon queue times on low and mid tier dungeons.
  • KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nubm wrote: »
    A tank healer would make sense and could be pretty unique in tera gameplay imo. Combining healer and tank in one person would make room for another DPS, therefore the tank healers primary role is NOT DPS at all.
    A (magic?) shield and/or barriers + some smart aggro mechanics could work nice. As far as healing goes, maybe an aura, or a monster debuff that grants attacking players health regeneration. Or heal puddles. Anything that is less 'direct' towards other players.

Queueing as tank AND healer would also greatly help dungeon queue times on low and mid tier dungeons.

They'd need to change how aggro works for this to be viable.
  • While I wouldn't mind another healer (there's a whole array of ideas just in this thread alone), what I would like to see is a fourth role in the DPS/Heal/Tank meta. Maybe a Buffer, or a utility-based class, let me build on both ideas:

-I always compare this game to Lineage 2, mostly because Bluehole is the group of dev that broke from NCSoft to make their own companies and they are essentially the same team behind the two games; and l2 is a game that once rivaled with WoW itself (there was so much hope for TERA then ...). Regardless, in l2 not only do you have several classes entirely dedicated to buffing (one of which being stripped completely of any sort of offensive spells), but you have these 2 fighters that add another type of buffs, namely Dances and Songs. Unlike regular buffs, these have a 2-minutes time and have to be repeated throughout a fight. I'll pass on the specific such as the MP consumption (the more of these buffs added, the more MP consumed to quote but one), but one of this class alone could make a gigantic difference in a team, while being pretty crappy a DPS themselves. Basically, as a DPS, you see one of them join your party you're already shouting hallelujah I'm gonna kick [filtered]. The concept however was fit for parties of 9, and would need a lot of adjustment to be viable and balanced in TERA ... especially in these dire times where no one dares to step in RMHM without double healer; I can just foresee such a potent buffer becoming mandatory for any party.

-By "utility-based class", I mean a class turned solely on helping others, by other means than heals. What about a class that could reduce your cooldowns for you ? We play in a very ping dependent, fast paced game, how about go as far as enable a class to cancel any animation lock ? A lot of utility has been brought by new skills, Ninja's glitter puddle, Archer's next hit being a back attack no matter the direction, these are suitable buffs ideas for a class that would dedicate to utility. Overpower and old Overchannel are also relevant ideas for a buff, and would promote team play (hell, even the way these skills work are perfectly suited for them to be buffed from another party member). You get the jist. A class turned to others, but not a healer.
  • HysphericalHyspherical ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Personally I'd like a tank/healer hybrid class since everyone and their grandma is already a dpser. And the main heal is an AoE (similar to shout AoE). Needs some form of heal over time skill as well. Would probably try to avoid lock-on skills in most cases here. But then I start to rationally think about it - nobody seems to like being either of these roles much less both at the same time which means you get ALL of the blame since you're both healer and tank. And it'd upset the current balance of party comp since you could bring 4 dps.

Otherwise I think a new healer class would need some form of hybrid play. Like a dps stance and a heal stance (similar to how war/zerk works).
  • How about an alchemist? Something fast like a ninja but a healer. Throws potions at short range. The range and speed make it different from the other two healers.

A variety of potions like healing, regen, short duration buffs, debuffs, sleep and that sort of things. Small aoe.
  • KillstyleKillstyle ✭✭✭
    Obs wrote: »
    Bonbonnie wrote: »
    Killstyle wrote: »
    How bout just a support class and not a new healer class? The support class could be dps / off heals. Could be a necromancer type class that can take from enemies and give to your allies whether it be health or mana. Possibly dropping circles on ground that any enemy inside of it loses health or mana (2 separate circles, one for health leach and one for mana leach). Could also have dot's that tick off health / mana and you see little bubbles (like the xp bubbles that follow you) give health / mana to allies. It should also have other dot's / skills that either reduce endurance (like warrior or Thrall glyph), slow enemies (which other classes have but don't use much) possibly with summons that latch onto enemy and that's what causes slow, possibly reduce enemy power / crit, etc. The class would have to be more for buffing allies and debuffing enemies then straight dps. The class would have dps skills obviously but it would be more tuned for assisting group rather then just dps. Maybe even a projectile resist dome skill, non-knockdown zone, non-stun zone, etc. The skills to assist a group can be quite large so you would be leaching from enemy, adding dot's for dps, duffing allies, debuffing enemy, and laying zones of varying resistances (aka knockdown, stun, poison, etc.). Could be complex yet fun and different. Just don't want it to be female only class and if it is then no more Elins. Throw it to the human females, Amani females.

Anything that heals the party a decent amount and gives more dps than a Priest or Mystic will just be overpowered.

That didn't stop them from releasing several broken DPS and a tank.

DPS are rated just on their DPS. Valkyries are honestly pretty fine. They have a lot of potential DPS but are easily the most punished for dying or messing up their rotation due to mistakes/boss movement. As for tanks, Lancers are even more broken than Brawlers right now.
    How bout just a support class and not a new healer class? The support class could be dps / off heals. Could be a necromancer type class that can take from enemies and give to your allies whether it be health or mana. Possibly dropping circles on ground that any enemy inside of it loses health or mana (2 separate circles, one for health leach and one for mana leach). Could also have dot's that tick off health / mana and you see little bubbles (like the xp bubbles that follow you) give health / mana to allies. It should also have other dot's / skills that either reduce endurance (like warrior or Thrall glyph), slow enemies (which other classes have but don't use much) possibly with summons that latch onto enemy and that's what causes slow, possibly reduce enemy power / crit, etc. The class would have to be more for buffing allies and debuffing enemies then straight dps. The class would have dps skills obviously but it would be more tuned for assisting group rather then just dps. Maybe even a projectile resist dome skill, non-knockdown zone, non-stun zone, etc. The skills to assist a group can be quite large so you would be leaching from enemy, adding dot's for dps, duffing allies, debuffing enemy, and laying zones of varying resistances (aka knockdown, stun, poison, etc.). Could be complex yet fun and different. Just don't want it to be female only class and if it is then no more Elins. Throw it to the human females, Amani females.

Anything that heals the party a decent amount and gives more dps than a Priest or Mystic will just be overpowered.

It's not meant to be a better or even equal healer as Priest or Mystic. I don't want to remove any of the classes. It's suppose to be a half as good healer that buffs / debuffs and dot's. A pure support or support / dps class. Not a healer class. Think kinda like Druid in WoW (but not as good at healing), which I loved cause it was hybrid. Love hybrid classes.

I know what you mean, but you still have to admit that when a class is released that could debuff/buff/deal decent dps with some alright healing (Mystic during DS3/SSHM patch), it made Priests useless. If a new class comes out that can heal just enough and debuff/buff/deal damage, then it would make priests/mystics unwanted for most content.

The problem comes from the fact that our healers are already massive supports with TN/Estars/Shakan and Aura of the Merciless/Contagion. If you don't make it good enough, then no one will want you in the party because you don't heal/debuff enough. If you make it too good, then no one will ever want to run with priests/mystics again.

Unfortunately, any new class will be the flavor of the month no matter if it's a new heals, tank or dps. I would just prefer a hybrid that can tank, heal and dps but not better or even equal to any of the current classes. Something that offers a different variation like a heal over time only healer, a ranged tank or a dot only dps. Or even a class that encourages solo play, as much as most players don't like that, or the class only gets stronger if you're grouped with the same class so a dungeon run with 5 of said class would get a buff to heals, aggro and dmg. You would have 5 hybrid players taking aggro, healing and dealing damage. A class that encourages solo play means it won't be sought after for groups and no current class would lose out to it in lfg. Could always make it get a buff when no players are X distance from the class it can deal / heal / resist X more damage and monsters deal X less damage. Unless it's a hybrid class that doesn't make it more sought after then current classes (unless they make it bring something to only certain fights) then I don't see it being better for Tera.