[PC] We will be entering into maintenance on 7/23 at 7am PDT, and have an expected downtime of approx. 4 hours. For details, visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/2Ocm9O4

Differences in FF shops

Comments

• GrievuuzGrievuuz ✭✭✭
    Cataclysma wrote: »
    >What's up with this
    >post 2 pictures

Can you perhaps elaborate a bit? Is there a bug? Do you want new shop items? Does the system need an overhaul?
    Grievuuz wrote: »
    For those whose schools seemingly failed them.

Oh no, if you need someone to elaborate, then apparently your school failed you. You're supposed to automatically know what server the person is on and what message they're trying to get across from the screenshot alone. *scoff* Everyone knows that! ¯\(◔‿◔)/¯

Some people got it, some people didn't. The common denominator here are people not actually bothering to look at the screenshots.

They had the option to stay silent, but not the ability.
  • I've changed the title of this thread to reflect the topic of conversation.
  • GrievuuzGrievuuz ✭✭✭
    @spacecats How about Velik's Opportunity still costing 1.000 vg credits as well? That was already fixed on the other servers.
  • edited April 2017
    Teekz wrote: »
    @Spacecats surely you have more to say then that, can't imagine it taking that much to simply correct the store with bow you guys are able to manipulate the game.

The thing that upsets me the most is, I know someone who mentioned this around the time the sorc revamp was and nothing happened. What's the point of finding out differences if they're never fixed.

Kinda just disappointed with the lack of care here, after the whole thing about more communication between EME and the player base. Just doesn't seem to much care from you guys.

I mean I could go on and on about EME and BHS releasing content just to take it away.

You guys have had a game with such great potential and just seemed to have not understood what could be done simply by greed.

I understand your frustration when it comes to items like this but please believe me when I say greed is not our motivation for not fixing Ace token shops on FF (or anything else, honestly). There's no grand plan to ignore FF or somehow make it worse and there's no point in making TERA less fun to play for anyone, so I apologize if this particular issue is something that regularly affects you personally.

This is a case where an odd issue is affecting one server but not others, a setting somewhere in the configuration tool that unfortunately used some default price and content values on FF instead of the ones customized by the En Masse staff upon localization. I'm certain this particular issue is fixable on our end (unlike some odd problems TERA encounters which can be a lot of work to correct), but it's not an urgent issue. TERA is a big game, and sometimes there are things that we receive feedback on but are not able to dedicate time to fixing immediately. There's a constant "to-do" list for maintaining an MMO and we have to first act on issues that have the highest impact.

That said, I am looking into a way I can adjust the shop in the next couple days, so your forum thread is definitely appreciated and I hope you don't feel ignored. It's just a matter of time.
  • GrievuuzGrievuuz ✭✭✭
    Spacecats wrote: »
    Teekz wrote: »
    @Spacecats surely you have more to say then that, can't imagine it taking that much to simply correct the store with bow you guys are able to manipulate the game.

The thing that upsets me the most is, I know someone who mentioned this around the time the sorc revamp was and nothing happened. What's the point of finding out differences if they're never fixed.

Kinda just disappointed with the lack of care here, after the whole thing about more communication between EME and the player base. Just doesn't seem to much care from you guys.

I mean I could go on and on about EME and BHS releasing content just to take it away.

You guys have had a game with such great potential and just seemed to have not understood what could be done simply by greed.

That said, I am looking into a way I can adjust the shop in the next couple days, so your forum thread is definitely appreciated and I hope you don't feel ignored. It's just a matter of time.

• Grievuuz wrote: »
    Cataclysma wrote: »
    >What's up with this
    >post 2 pictures

Can you perhaps elaborate a bit? Is there a bug? Do you want new shop items? Does the system need an overhaul?
    Grievuuz wrote: »
    For those whose schools seemingly failed them.

Oh no, if you need someone to elaborate, then apparently your school failed you. You're supposed to automatically know what server the person is on and what message they're trying to get across from the screenshot alone. *scoff* Everyone knows that! ¯\(◔‿◔)/¯

Some people got it, some people didn't. The common denominator here are people not actually bothering to look at the screenshots.

They had the option to stay silent, but not the ability.

Top kek.
  • xvctxvct ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    This is a case where an odd issue is affecting one server but not others, a setting somewhere in the configuration tool that unfortunately used some default price and content values on FF instead of the ones customized by the En Masse staff upon localization. I'm certain this particular issue is fixable on our end (unlike some odd problems TERA encounters which can be a lot of work to correct), but it's not an urgent issue. TERA is a big game, and sometimes there are things that we receive feedback on but are not able to dedicate time to fixing immediately. There's a constant "to-do" list for maintaining an MMO and we have to first act on issues that have the highest impact.

It is a scary thought that one server is out of sync with the others at all. What ELSE can be out of whack and no one ever notices, nor reports it? How many people actually play (actively) on multiple servers to actually catch and REPORT issues like this?

This fact alone makes it a very pressing issue IMO, since it opens the door for countless unknown issues, all concerning to the configuration tool not having the same settings across all servers. What other settings for the FF server can be wrong, I wonder? I wouldn't know - it's the only server I play on.

• xvct wrote: »

It is a scary thought that one server is out of sync with the others at all. What ELSE can be out of whack and no one ever notices, nor reports it? How many people actually play (actively) on multiple servers to actually catch and REPORT issues like this?

This fact alone makes it a very pressing issue IMO, since it opens the door for countless unknown issues, all concerning to the configuration tool not having the same settings across all servers. What other settings for the FF server can be wrong, I wonder? I wouldn't know - it's the only server I play on.

The shops are the only places I've seen any difference, and we're looking into why it happened. Like I said this is an odd issue, meaning it's fairly uncommon. Typically we treat all servers the same unless there's PvP to consider.
  • xvctxvct ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Can you put more priority on this, @Spacecats ? It's actually pretty disgusting that there's even a possibility for discrepancy of settings & configuration from server to server.

This on top of the allegedly server-specific bug of skill passive proc's (Hurricane, Dragon mounts) not working on CH and FF. https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/13469/some-skills-and-passives-are-not-working-same-with-hurricanes-and-dragon-passive

Is this a growing trend of server-specific discrepancies and bugs? I'm beginning to worry.
  • GrievuuzGrievuuz ✭✭✭
    I only started playing Tera again just before the mongos event, so I haven't been around for that long. However I've already committed heavily to FF in several ways - so the regret is real when finding out about stuff like this.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    xvct wrote: »
    Can you put more priority on this, @Spacecats ? It's actually pretty disgusting that there's even a possibility for discrepancy of settings & configuration from server to server.

This on top of the allegedly server-specific bug of skill passive proc's (Hurricane, Dragon mounts) not working on CH and FF. https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/13469/some-skills-and-passives-are-not-working-same-with-hurricanes-and-dragon-passive

Is this a growing trend of server-specific discrepancies and bugs? I'm beginning to worry.

That bug was happening on every server, even in the past where procs and class passives weren't working were not server specific either. It just doesn't happen to everyone.
  • xvct wrote: »

No, as I said server-specific bugs are rare. There's no cause for worry.
  • edited April 2017
    I've adjusted the Ace token shop. Fey Forest now has the same contents and prices as other servers. I've also reduced the price of Health and Rejuv potions across all servers to 50 tokens instead of 100.
  • xvctxvct ✭✭✭
    Yamazuki wrote: »
    That bug was happening on every server, even in the past where procs and class passives weren't working were not server specific either.

I hope so. Well I mean, not that the bug is happening.. you know what I mean.
    I've adjusted the Ace token shop. Fey Forest now has the same contents and prices as other servers. I've also reduced the price of Health and Rejuv potions across all servers to 50 tokens instead of 100.

Thank you Spacecats, keep up the hard work. The week is still young.
  • @Spacecats on FF Velik's opportunity is 1000 instead of 15 like MT.