Using Reserved Name

Did anyone else have issues with using their reserved names?

How did you get it to work? Every time I try I get an error and booted back to character select. I've already put in a support ticket, but who knows how long that will take.

Comments

• My guess is that this issue isn't related to the name, but related to the connection being closed prematurely by your modem/router thanks to a sort of bug in the game. A usual way to fix this is to first go in and figure out all your characters settings, write them down, let it error out. Then go in again, very quickly set all the same settings you wrote down, and then enter your name. Usually this will bypass the problem and allow you to create your character.
  • CaptainAetherCaptainAether ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    I'm fairly sure its not a router issue. When I try to create, I get a popup box with an error.

The popup says: Can't create character. The name may be in use or a server error occurred. Please try again.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you wait a lot, you get dced, it happened to me, I found the numbers, on one run, fixed everything fast and got into the game w/o any problem.
  • MidokuPastaMidokuPasta ✭✭✭✭
    I simply clicked on the banner it let me use my reserved name and doubled my rewards
  • I've tried going as fast as humanly possible and it keeps erroring out.
    edited April 2017
    Apparently there is someone with my reserved name already.

I owned a character with the name, deleted it, then reserved my name. How can there be a lvl 60 reaper with my reserved name?
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just click on the name reservation banner and it goes straight into character creation screen, and there it you chose a class, after class chosen, it shows straight your name on the character.
  • ElinLove wrote: »
    Just click on the name reservation banner and it goes straight into character creation screen, and there it you chose a class, after class chosen, it shows straight your name on the character.

I thank you for the input, but I have now discovered that even though I had the name reserved, a lvl 60 reaper has my exact name. Either the reserving feature failed, or someone server transferred, and the system didn't check reserved names. So now I'm unable to make my Valkyrie until Support finally gets around to my ticket. Goodbye all the 24hr titles. I'll never get you.
  • edited April 2017
    ElinLove wrote: »

I thank you for the input, but I have now discovered that even though I had the name reserved, a lvl 60 reaper has my exact name. Either the reserving feature failed, or someone server transferred, and the system didn't check reserved names. So now I'm unable to make my Valkyrie until Support finally gets around to my ticket. Goodbye all the 24hr titles. I'll never get you.

Well, it may be too late now, but whatever the reason, there likely won't be any easy way to get the name back from the person who has it. For now I recommend to make a Valkyrie with a different name. If there's some sort of solution, EME could give you a name change voucher. But I don't think it'll be worth waiting until EME replies to your ticket -- and even when they do, they may not give you the name you wanted anyway. Then you'll have both lost the titles and the name you wanted.

You can get all the other leveling rewards whether you use the reserved name or not, so for the time-being I think it's better to proceed with that.
    edited April 2017
    At this point, I'd appreciate something other than complete silence on the matter. I get that we just had Easter, but its been over a week and I've heard nothing from support or anyone from EME. Do I just start @ mentioning people until someone can help?
  • At this point, I'd appreciate something other than complete silence on the matter. I get that we just had Easter, but its been over a week and I've heard nothing from support or anyone from EME. Do I just start @ mentioning people until someone can help?

The ticket queue is quite long for everyone right now. @ mentioning won't allow you to jump in line, unfortunately. But again, whatever the cause, I don't think there will be any easy resolution for whatever went wrong here, which totally sucks. Sorry this happened to you.
  • Did anyone else have issues with using their reserved names?

How did you get it to work? Every time I try I get an error and booted back to character select. I've already put in a support ticket, but who knows how long that will take.

What's the error say? It might help the support crew identify what's going on once your ticket is handled. Sorry it's taking so long.
    edited April 2017
    Thank you for replying Spacecats~

For reference, the ticket number is: 041117-000216

As for the error, it says "Can't create character. The name may be in use or a server error occurred. Please try again." I got curious after a while and tried to add my reserved name as a friend, and found it was in use by a lvl 60 Reaper.
  • edited April 2017
    Arwen wrote: »
    I used my reserved name just fine, no error whatsoever.

I think this was the case with nearly everyone, as I never really heard of any other problems with it other than this case. I think he was just really unfortunate and stumbled onto some sort of strange timing bug or software glitch. :/

(It'd be really interesting to investigate exactly when the other character with the duplicate name was created and figure out how the bug may have occurred... though yeah, it doesn't solve it.)
  • (It'd be really interesting to investigate exactly when the other character with the duplicate name was created and figure out how the bug may have occurred... though yeah, it doesn't solve it.)

My current theory is that creating a character checked the reserved names, but doing a server transfer did not.