[PC] Maintenance is now complete!

Regarding the Lag

Comments

• If 20% of your playerbase is experiencing lag that makes it impossible or extremely difficult to play your game, the service you're offering, that's a huge, major concern. 1 in 5 people? Are you serious? Anyway, the real question is when are we going to get any transparency from the administration? Are they acknowledging the problem, are they working on a solution? Put up a sticky post, don't let your responses be buried inside a multi-page thread. Show us that you care about what we're saying, show us that you are reading and understanding us. Now, currently we're down for maintenance so perhaps when the servers come up, some issues may be resolved. Right now we have to wait and see, but, even then if the issues are resolved, how long are they resolved for? We want to know, EME, we want you to tell us what you're doing, what you're investigating, not just that you see us complaining and you're "looking into it" but what plan you have to fix it. We, the players of TERA, understand that the game is probably spaghetti code by now, with an outdated engine. However, if a solution for the lag can be found by implementing beefier hardware, that's what we want and what needs to be done to provide a service that you're receiving an income for providing (via subscriptions and cash shop, even though it's a free game), even if "only 20%" of the players using your game are experiencing issues.
  • ^
    Some kind of notification or sticky post on forum would be great that at least it's being looked at. So many players left in the dust and inconsistencies on communication.
  • I've only noticed lag when there is an uncounted number of monsters chasing players out of the "area" Once I kill those monsters or the monsters run back to their "area" the lag is gone. (well unless i have a web browser open)
  • Just recently I was playing in cs match when my char suddenly stopped and i was like, oh boy i must have crashed again. I log back in after DC and Everyone in my guild was experiencing chat lag and half of the 10 players online DC'ED. :awesome:
  • Has anyone noticed a change either inside or out of dungeons since this morning's maintenance?

If you're still experiencing lag, please post the following in this thread:
      [1] Your location globally. [2] The time you experienced the lag (give your time zone). [3] Where in TERA were you and what were you doing? [4] What was the lag experience like? Could you walk? Did your PC freeze? Did you take damage while lagging? Did others around you experience the lag also?
  • Thank you @Spacecats for the inquiries.

I experienced a noticeable lag tonight

1. Canada
    2. Around 6 PM EDT
    3. In LKHM last boss
    4. Basically froze during the targeted AOE ( that usually one shot) for everyone in the party. Then all happened in 0.3 second and killed 3 party members.

This is better then the last day... but similar to yesterday where my whole party died to a Lachelith (RMHM) in/out.
  • Spacecats wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed a change either inside or out of dungeons since this morning's maintenance?

[1] Your location globally. [2] The time you experienced the lag (give your time zone). [3] Where in TERA were you and what were you doing? [4] What was the lag experience like? Could you walk? Did your PC freeze? Did you take damage while lagging? Did others around you experience the lag also?

6PM PST RMHM last boss. We all froze and died from the fate cricles
    United States, California
  • KillerPenguinsKillerPenguins ✭✭✭✭
    Spacecats wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed a change either inside or out of dungeons since this morning's maintenance?

Ping is half what it has been since october, thank you for that! Still getting the spikes where everyone on the server lags at the same time.

I'm in missouri, around 8 pm mountain time, RMHM, everything stopped moving/using skills and then it all happens at once when the lag ends. usually this results in a party wipe if the lag is long enough since nobody can fight back. then guild chat and global start shouting about lag.. to me it feels like the server is having memory/garbage collection issues.
  • 1. California
    2. Every day since valkyrie patch 1~8PM PST
    3. HH, RMHM, LKHM, LKNM, SSHM, SSNM, etc.
    4. Not my vid, but essentially this:
  • ShuryuukiShuryuuki
    edited April 2017

Thank you for being active around on the forums! @Spacecats

1) Canada
    2) Around 4:30 PM PST
    3) In Spring Valley area doing story quests
    4) Mobs who were melee monsters proc'd a hit on me despite the fact that I was clearly 10+ meters in game distance away from them. Red attack indicators were nowhere near my character, I didn't get rubber banded back to take the hit, just random damage hit me despite being far away from them.

I'm just getting extremely high ping in game despite my local ping being perfectly fine. In game ping is 250ms, and I usually get around 80ms average in game.
  • jrtsevenjrtseven ✭✭✭

British Columbia, Canada.
    7:00 PM PST - 8:00 PM PST (Specifically, but it happens all day everyday)
    Harrowhold, trying to play your game's content.
    Everyone runs in place, unable to use skills. Unfreezes 2-3 seconds later, releasing all queued abilities from both players and NPCs. (Yes you take damage.) Yes, everyone else experiences it at the same time.
  • Colorado
    7 PM - 10 PM MDT
    All dungeons
    Noticeable skill delay, freezes, and DC. All group members report and experience same thing
  • Arizona
    8:30 PM - 9:00 PM MST
    RMHM
    Skill delay and ping spikes. Killed several of us during laser phases.
  • i just figured its because of the horde of annoying bandwagoners coming back to play the new class before it gets nerfed. i experience the lag consistently during 3pm-7pm PST, assuming its all the children getting out of school playing until mommy calls them for dinner
  • CatoriiCatorii ✭✭✭
    I was spiking to 3k ping earlier tonight. The lag never went away the whole time I played, from ~6:30 EST until 9pm. Had several lagspikes where everything legit stopped moving for ~15 seconds. Could've sworn I was going to DC, but luckily didn't. That must've been way more than 3k ping. The tanks I ran with were sometimes dying in a split second because they couldn't use skills, the server would catch up, and they'd be dead from a oneshot they weren't able to block.

I don't know how EME expects people to play like this. How long are they going to stay silent on something that's plaguing almost every player? The entire party suffers from this lag when it happens.