[PC] We are aware of issues surrounding the event EP booster, and are working to resolve this. Currently, we are working towards having this fixed on Tuesday, 02/25 in a hotfix maintenance. We will have further details as we approach this fix. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Rewards emporium

124»

Comments

  • NOt to mention i never said anything about leaving it unaddressed, or unresolved
  • LolitaaLolitaa ✭✭✭
    TLTF6WN67R wrote: »
    serious Vi, your "it's all good" mentality is just wrong! they are going about this wrong, and its affecting the entire game community of TERA, there is a much better way to handle it, and they could have used it. This situation was caused by some people doing an exploit or even jus attempting one, is those people's fault obviously, but the way its being handled and fixed is ALSO wrong! i mean really, so they got a crap ton of credits, how would that affect the ENTIRE communtiy? well, lets see the price of some stuff would drop drasticly obviously.... other than that... IT WOULDNT! This "Fix" down time, DOES affect EVERYONE.

    you're overreacting to this whole thing. so you might miss credits/points for a few days, wow, big deal! and even so, eme will likely give compensation. you're literally making a mountain out of a molehill.
  • edited April 2017
    TLTF6WN67R wrote: »
    all they had to do was suspend TRANSACTIONs on emporium for that, then hunt the guilty parties, and implement fix, dont give me a bunch of exagerated worst case scenario crap..... counter... be realistic at the least :-P obviously you can think and are smart enough to understand that
    The problem is not limited to just the Emporium. There is also the suggestion that it affects points/tiers, which impacts skill grants, daily credits, enchanting bonuses, XP bonuses, and everything. Until you can be sure that you can properly isolate those who may be abusing the system, and that you fully understand the extent of the potential impact, you have to fully contain it. If and when they can be sure the problem is restricted to the Emporium and there's no impact on other aspects of the system, then and only then does make it sense to restrict the lockdown more narrowly to the impacted service. But right now, the suggestion is that the whole system may be vulnerable. You have to contain the whole thing.

    This is not "exaggerated worst case scenario crap." You need to take a systemic view of the problem without presuming that it "can't be that bad." Until you know for sure, you have to contain the risk. If you do not fully contain the risk, you are likely making things worse.
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    TLTF6WN67R wrote: »
    i mean really, so they got a crap ton of credits, how would that affect the ENTIRE communtiy? well, lets see the price of some stuff would drop drasticly obviously.... other than that... IT WOULDNT! This "Fix" down time, DOES affect EVERYONE.

    It would completely undermine everything those people who actually worked for their points/credits (and even those who got them through purchases) did. People who spent credits to buy these items legitimately would be rightfully furious at how the items were completely devalued (and don't forget the wide variety of items in the emporium -- it's not just cosmetics; it would have an incredibly long-term impact on all key progression consumables as well). Any attempt to make it right would require a massive clean-up effort to try to reverse all the ill-gotten items, and people who thought they purchased the items "legitimately" on the broker would be caught in the net (and have those items taken from them because they were stolen goods). The problem would grow exponentially the longer you wait.

    You must take containment action. Yes it sucks, but leaving it unaddressed is not an acceptable possibility.

    What? The vast majority of items in there are barely worth anything. It's not only cosmetics? Sure, there's rep boost and we'd all cry if that one got devalued... There's loot pets which have been dropped down to 2k a pop by Kyra events and nobody cared. Mounts that don't fly. Spellbind and BES that, well, Kyra already devalued more than enough. Strongbox keys that have barely had a value since, like, 2 jackpot events ago. And alkahests don' t even count at this point. I honestly don't even know why anyone would want credits. T10 I get, the buffs are cool. But the credits are not even worth exploiting the game unless you really really want those wings.


    As for the compensation, it's not just credits and points. I couldn't care less about those even if I tried. But I didn't see them rushing to compensate for the lost xp and enchant rate bonuses during the event. Which, btw, they could do by bumping up the event rates for specific aspects of it that are related to the rewards program.
  • edited April 2017
    TWMagimay wrote: »
    What? The vast majority of items in there are barely worth anything. It's not only cosmetics? Sure, there's rep boost and we'd all cry if that one got devalued... There's loot pets which have been dropped down to 2k a pop by Kyra events and nobody cared. Mounts that don't fly. Spellbind and BES that, well, Kyra already devalued more than enough. Strongbox keys that have barely had a value since, like, 2 jackpot events ago. And alkahests don' t even count at this point. I honestly don't even know why anyone would want credits. T10 I get, the buffs are cool. But the credits are not even worth exploiting the game unless you really really want those wings.
    Even if you think everything in the Emporium is crap and useless, it doesn't change the fact that people who spent their credits on those items would be rightfully indignant that others basically stole the items. Some of the items do still have significant broker value (since many of them are lootbox rares). It doesn't change that the people who got these ill-gotten items would have to have them removed (just like they would if it were purchased via fraudulent EMP). It doesn't change the insinuation that this can impact tiers as well. It doesn't change that the problem (assuming it's verified) would only continue to get worse unless it was contained.

    I so happen to think the Emporium needs to be totally updated and revamped (and actually prepared a proposal for that months ago), but it doesn't really change what they have to do in this situation.

    TWMagimay wrote: »
    But I didn't see them rushing to compensate for the lost xp and enchant rate bonuses during the event. Which, btw, they could do by bumping up the event rates for specific aspects of it that are related to the rewards program.
    At this point, we don't even know yet if the system will remain down for the duration of the event since it depends on what they find. But even if it does, there's no real way to do that unless you're just saying to give additional buffs to everyone regardless of whatever tier they are at. And if you do that, it doesn't really compensate anyone for anything since it'd be given to everyone even if they didn't earn the tiers. (It's no different than if everyone cheated and gave themselves Tier 10... which is what this thing is potentially about...)
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even if you think everything in the Emporium is crap and useless, it doesn't change the fact that people who spent their credits on those items would be rightfully indignant that others basically stole the items. Some of the items do still have significant broker value (since many of them are lootbox rares). It doesn't change that the people who got these ill-gotten items would have to have them removed (just like they would if it were purchased via fraudulent EMP). It doesn't change the insinuation that this can impact tiers as well. It doesn't change that the problem (assuming it's verified) would only continue to get worse unless it was contained.

    So, your example of non-cosmetic items in the emporium is....lootbox rares? But you seem to be missing the actual issue. Everybody understands that a bad thing happened and they had to take down the emporium. That in itself is not the problem. The problem is that people who did nothing wrong feel like they/we are losing out. Especially a day before an event. They didn't even mention any compensation of points/credits, not even a courtesy "we'll find a way to compensate you". And I'm personally butthurt because i have 5 chars ready to level and the rewards xp will be missed *sheds a tear* I'd have been much less cranky if that announcement came with "and we are bumping the xp event to x5", for example...
  • Wrong, Counterpoint, you are simply over exaggerating to argue and trying to show everyone you are smarter. when obviously you arent that smart, because you actually seem to think that this was the correct action to take, which in its self shows you are far less intelligent than you think you are.
  • All because someone probably used cheatengine...damn
  • edited April 2017
    TLTF6WN67R wrote: »
    Wrong, Counterpoint, you are simply over exaggerating to argue and trying to show everyone you are smarter. when obviously you arent that smart, because you actually seem to think that this was the correct action to take, which in its self shows you are far less intelligent than you think you are.
    That's... quite the logic you've used to prove your point. Basically, I'm trying to look smart, but I'm stupid, because if I were actually smart I'd agree with you, since agreeing with you is smart. I guess I'm too stupid to get it, sorry.

    I really don't give a [filtered] about looking smart to you or anyone. But containing the Rewards system was the only acceptable course of action in this situation. If you want to have an argument about acceptable compensation, as @TWMagimay is suggesting, then okay, that's another matter.
  • XharzXharz
    edited April 2017
    1) that someone cheated to get something, yes that pisses me off....
    2) That " I " cant get something AT ALL, Is a LOT F****** Worse!
  • All because someone probably used cheatengine...[filtered]

    BEFORE COUNTERPOINT COMMENTS ON THIS I WANT TO SAY.
    I think you're alright.

    Now I understand the need for protecting their selves. They have todo what they have todo to protect the game, if there's any hint of something like this being legit..well have to take the action before it's too late and causes more economy problems then there already are.
  • VenpaiVenpai ✭✭✭
    TLTF6WN67R wrote: »
    Wrong, Counterpoint, you are simply over exaggerating to argue and trying to show everyone you are smarter. when obviously you arent that smart, because you actually seem to think that this was the correct action to take, which in its self shows you are far less intelligent than you think you are.

    so you'd rather people exploit it to the point it's discontinued permanently?
  • Now I understand the need for protecting their selves. They have todo what they have todo to protect the game, if there's any hint of something like this being legit..well have to take the action before it's too late and causes more economy problems then there already are.
    Yeah, that is the point. You have to do due diligence. If it turns out that it is just visual tricks and there's nothing actually going wrong -- that would be awesome. And then we can get back to arguing that the Rewards system is actually a mess and the rewards are useless -- which isn't entirely untrue.
  • cuzcuz ✭✭
    Honestly counterpoint is being the most logical about the situation. Eme is doing the right thing by shutting it down completely - because regardless of how many people abuse it, just one person abusing it could severely impact the economy enough within the game (which would affect everyone in a negative way).

    In another aspect, I don't understand the fuss behind losing emporium for a couple days until it's fixed. For example, I'm tier 6 and I honestly don't care about missing out on that 2% enchantment bonus. I don't even think it changed my results enough to really matter if it's there or not. The xp bonus is relatively small, and I can't even remember the other bonuses so they can't be that important to the day to day Tera gameplay.

    For those upset about missing out on IOD grinding, what exactly are you losing? Assuming you're low tier trying to rank up via grinding, at most you're losing out on a couple days of very very very small account buffs.

    The Tera rewards emporium xp buff isn't really much of a loss either. I mean honestly it's a triple xp weekend starting tomorrow. Do you really need that extra 10% bonus? Really? Trying to go from triple xp to quintuple xp as compensation for the downtime would be just outright ridiculous.

    Since this is originally my post and I'm sure a GM is keeping an eye on it (spacecats prob since he has already replied), I sincerely ask EME staff to close or delete this post as it's become nothing but bickering over a very small issue when the original point of the thread was not knowing why it was shut down (system in game said check forums before a forum post was made).
This discussion has been closed.